Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Hello all, we started our Disney nights back in October but with the holidays I haven't had the time to post. I am going to do all 4 at once.

First up: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Food~ Movie Snacks: Corpse Corn (popcorn with candy corn) and The Pumpkin King cheese ball with tombstone crakers
Main Course: Dr. Finkelsteins Brain Food (brain jell-o mold) and Zero's Bones with Vampire Blood (bone shaped quesadillas with pizza sauce) Frogs Breath punch and for dessert Jack Skellington cupcakes
DSC04419.jpg
DSC04420.jpg
DSC04424.jpg

Activities~ My girls decorated Christmas cookies with Halloween colors. I cut out Christmas trees and made one side green and the other black, they decorated one side with Christmas embellishments and the other with Halloween ones. We also made Jack Skellington maskes and played Halloween tic tack toe.
DSC04438.jpg
DSC04443.jpg
DSC04433.jpg

For decorations I had the usual Halloween stuff out but I added a black table cloth to our table and put a Halloween Town sign on our front door. The girls really enjoyed this Disney night.
DSC04412.jpg
DSC04413.jpg

Up next: Monsters Inc.

Food~ Movie Snacks: Tenticles, Monster Bones, Monster Eyes and Monster Slim (cuccumbers, carrots, raddishes and ranch dip with green food coloring)
Main Course: Brown Bag lunches. Chicken salad sandwich, chips, apple, juice boxes and for dessert lemon snow cones of course.

DSC04503.jpg
DSC04506.jpg

Activities~ Tonight was kinda low key so the only activities we had tonight were to make door hangers and color some Monsters Inc. pictures
DSC04514.jpg
DSC04515.jpg

Next up: The Incredibles

Food~ Main Course: The Incredible Family Dinner. Steak, potatoes, broccoli and Dash's lightning juice. For dessert we had Frozone's sundae bar.

Activities~ The girls had to come up with their super power and make super hero capes. After they made their cape they colored some Incredible pictures.
DSC04529.jpg

DSC04530.jpg

For decorations tonight I only did our table, but the girls thought it was pretty cool.
DSC04518.jpg

And our most recent Disney night and the girls favorite so far: Snow White

Food~ Movie Snacks: Pretzels with beer cheese dip
Main Course: German sausage, warm German potatoe salad, dwarf forest (broccoli) and beer (root beer that is) for dessert we had a pick your poison carmel apple bar
DSC04593.jpg

Activites~ The girls first put together a snow white puzzle, then we made tissue tube dwarfs and then finished the night mining for jewels. I put stones and fake jewels in a bucket full of rice and let the girls sift through it with pie tins that I had cut holes in. They loved it!!
For decorations tonight I put a red table cloth on the table with a Snow White doll in the center. I then put out our white china plates and our beer mugs. In the living room I put up fake trees and placed jewles and the girls stuffed animals around the room.

DSC04595.jpg
DSC04597.jpg

Next week we are doing Lilo and Stitch I am very excited!!:banana:
P.S. sorry the pictures are so large for some reason I can't get them any smaller tonight :confused3

Thanks for sharing your Pop Century party. That will be the last one we do before our trip. Only 86 more days. ;) The kids have never stayed there before so I thought it would be fun to do a Pop party to get them excited for our hotel stay.

Posting all of our theme nights we have been having in preparation for our March trip! I got all of the ideas from this thread!

First up is Lady and The Tramp...

I tried to do a Tony's theme...

LadyandTheTramp001.jpg

Place setting...

LadyandTheTramp007.jpg

Homemade meatballs (used ground turkey instead of veal)

LadyandTheTramp006.jpg

Homemade artichoke dip

LadyandTheTramp005.jpg

Biltmore Estate Chenin Blanc

LadyandTheTramp009.jpg

Dinner!

LadyandTheTramp008.jpg

Chocolate Chai Mousse

118.jpg

Place Setting

119.jpg

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on the right, Olive Hummus on the left, with fresh pita.

120.jpg

Kabobs with couscous and grilled veggies

121.jpg

Sangria with diced granny smith apples.

122.jpg

Abu's Monkey Bread

DSC01242.jpg

Homemade Mac and Cheese

DSC01243.jpg

With an Ursula dog

DSC01241.jpg

Under the sea dessert (Swedish Fish, vanilla pudding and Nilla wafer "sand")

DSC01230.jpg

Place Setting

DSC01231.jpg

Car Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

Tire Snacks

DSC01235.jpg

Mater Oil (actually homemade blackberry lemonade)

DSC01236.jpg

Car Sundaes

Those are great! How many dish settings do you have!!! awesome.

Haha, only 3. Everyday, holiday china (the black and whte), and then the ones for Aladdin are actually plastic! (even the wine goblets) for outdoor use. All the others are paper plates from factory card outlet!

JessicaKnits,

I love all your ideas you did a great job. I also made note that you have knits as part of your user name which kinda makes me smile because it leads me to believe that you are a knitter? If so yay there is another knitter/disney freak out there its not just me lol :thumbsup2

I've been MIA from the boards for a bit so I have a few nights to catch up on.

First one is Harry Potter

036-4.jpg

Movie snacks

030-8.jpg

Cockroach clusters

027-14.jpg

Licorice wands, unicorn horns and Dumbledore's favorite lemon drops

028-17.jpg

Cauldrons filled with gummy worms and body parts

029-16.jpg

Decor

031-8.jpg

042-9.jpg

Activities

For Transfiguration class the kids watched capsules "magically" turn into sponge animals

038-9.jpg

039-6.jpg

For Defense Against the Dark Arts class the kids played the Mad Eyed Moody eyeball toss

048-6.jpg

053-5.jpg

Potions class had them mixing different flavored syrups to make their own drinks

060-4.jpg

Dinner

Bangers and mash and Butterbeer

021-12.jpg

022-16.jpg

028-18.jpg

Dessert

The kids got to decorate their cupcakes with these cute sprinkles I found

029-18.jpg

031-9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter