Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

It still isn’t open in the app or website for me.

ETA - it opened around 8:45 for me. But geez - with these prices, I was happier waiting!
Booked a 6:05 AM flight out of Hartford pretty close to when it opened. It was $164 for Wanna Get Away, now it's $199. Compared to flights I've booked recently with SW, I was happy with the pricing. Unfortunately, there were only 2 nonstop flights one at 6:05 AM and one at 6:30 PM. Not great.

Booked a 6:05 AM flight out of Hartford pretty close to when it opened. It was $164 for Wanna Get Away, now it's $199. Compared to flights I've booked recently with SW, I was happy with the pricing. Unfortunately, there were only 2 nonstop flights one at 6:05 AM and one at 6:30 PM. Not great.
I should add this was for an April 7th flight.

I got an email from Southwest that my flight next month has changed due to a schedule disruption, but all the details look identical... has this happened to anyone?

Bought tickets for the Saturday before Easter weekend and prices were scary. Flight home on Thursday night was pretty much what I usually pay. But flight down on that Saturday was $254 which is almost $100 more. I was late because I got busy at work and didn’t purchase until 8:30am. Luckily I had flight credits I could use but it was still painful. Flights down to MCO now are mostly over $300 for that Friday Saturday and Sunday weekend before Easter as of Saturday evening. Going to be a busy week but the princess wants to return to her castle for spring break lol

Bought tickets for the Saturday before Easter weekend and prices were scary. Flight home on Thursday night was pretty much what I usually pay. But flight down on that Saturday was $254 which is almost $100 more. I was late because I got busy at work and didn’t purchase until 8:30am. Luckily I had flight credits I could use but it was still painful. Flights down to MCO now are mostly over $300 for that Friday Saturday and Sunday weekend before Easter as of Saturday evening. Going to be a busy week but the princess wants to return to her castle for spring break lol
We are flying Indy to Fort Lauderdale the day before Easter for a cruise on the Disney Dream (arriving the day before it sails) and I've never paid that much for a flight on Southwest. I knew it was Spring Break but wow.

We are flying Indy to Fort Lauderdale the day before Easter for a cruise on the Disney Dream (arriving the day before it sails) and I've never paid that much for a flight on Southwest. I knew it was Spring Break but wow.

Mine was from Columbus so similar flights I’m sure. I expected them to be high but this stung

We checked last night for our flights for spring break to Kauai and they were surprisingly way cheaper than initial drop day already. We saved 75k points.

that is good. Wanna get away flight category is, at least at the moment, sold out for my flight down (plus is up to $354) and price went up some on my return flight.

Speaking of selling out ... for companion pass, if WGA is sold out but other categories are available, you can still book the companion pass, correct?

I qualified for a promotional companion pass that starts 8/15. Thanks!

Flying with Southwest in two weeks. Because we ran into flight cancellation issues last summer with a different airline, I want to be prepared. What number would I call if, for example, my connecting flight was cancelled? Is it the 1800-I-FLY-SWA? Last summer, with the other airline, the line at the airport moved maybe once in 30-35 minutes while I was able to make the change on the phone with an agent.

Planning for the worst, hoping for the best

Flying with Southwest in two weeks. Because we ran into flight cancellation issues last summer with a different airline, I want to be prepared. What number would I call if, for example, my connecting flight was cancelled? Is it the 1800-I-FLY-SWA? Last summer, with the other airline, the line at the airport moved maybe once in 30-35 minutes while I was able to make the change on the phone with an agent.

Planning for the worst, hoping for the best
Yes, 1-800-I-FLY-SWA is what's listed on their website. You can also change flights in the app, and I've had good luck using the 'chat' feature in the app as well if waits on the phone are long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter