Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks Focus. I hope the not expiring is true, as I see it does have a date one year from when I first booked under the credits.

Agree with others re sequential boarding position but wanted to say, regarding the above portion of your question, you do still have to check him in. You need not do so with any urgency, but you won't be able to access his boarding pass until checking in on his separate confirm number.

Hubby and I both have CPs for two of our kids. I have to go through doing all three confirm numbers in order to load all of our boarding passes into Google Wallet.
Thanks for the heads up. I did see he has a different booking confirmation number than mine when I added him.

Not sure why but my flight from MCO to BWI shows it dropped 500 points when I just look at flight schedule on website but when I try to change my ticket to get the points credited back to me it shows ”0” so im unable to get the extra points back🤨 I don’t want to cancel and rebook because I paid for EB and don’t want to go to back of line..

Not sure why but my flight from MCO to BWI shows it dropped 500 points when I just look at flight schedule on website but when I try to change my ticket to get the points credited back to me it shows ”0” so im unable to get the extra points back🤨 I don’t want to cancel and rebook because I paid for EB and don’t want to go to back of line..
Are all flights showing as a zero difference? I've seen it happen where SW makes a schedule change and I'm eligible for a free change, but I didn't want to change my flight, just rebook at the lower rate. Whatever the reason, if you call they should be able to assist.

Are all flights showing as a zero difference? I've seen it happen where SW makes a schedule change and I'm eligible for a free change, but I didn't want to change my flight, just rebook at the lower rate. Whatever the reason, if you call they should be able to assist.
I've had this happen, too. The problem in this case is Lsdolphin doesn't want to lose the EBCI position that was purchased previously.

I've had this happen, too. The problem in this case is Lsdolphin doesn't want to lose the EBCI position that was purchased previously.
Yes, I understand, I realize my comment was confusing since I used the word rebook instead of change. If modifying the flight online isn't allowing @Lsdolphin to get back the points, then the Southwest agent should be able to take care of that without a cancel/rebook.

We are frequent SW flyers, but we have always flown nonstop. Next summer we are flying from Baltimore to San Francisco and it doesn't look like there are any direct flights from one airport to another. Most flights seem to fly through Denver, LA, or SD. My question is, can someone explain to me how EBCI works when there are two flights? Would I have to purchase it for each leg? Also, can someone refresh my memory - If I purchase WGA+ does EBCI trump those that purchase WGA fares?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Yes, I understand, I realize my comment was confusing since I used the word rebook instead of change. If modifying the flight online isn't allowing @Lsdolphin to get back the points, then the Southwest agent should be able to take care of that without a cancel/rebook.
Yes I finally got thru to agent and was refunded the points she told me that change shouldn’t affect my EB🙂

We booked what I consider a last minute trip to WDW for Thurs-Mon Labor Day weekend a few weeks ago and of course most of the flights were pretty booked up so the fares were kinda high. We always book Anytime fares for the better boarding position. The Nonstops are completely unavailable both ways. We fly from MEM and so with the limited options we chose the last flight out on Thursday so we wouldn’t have to miss another day of work, even though I swore I’d never do that again after being trapped in ATL last time because the first flight was delayed and they wouldn’t hold the second flight for us. Then coming home we booked the first flight that morning, which was at 6:00 am. Was not happy about it, but my BIL and his wife are coming and they watch their pennies more than we do. They wanted the cheapest flight so with hesitation we went with that one. But I did warn them that I’m keeping my eye out for the nonstop to become available with 4 tickets and I don’t care what it costs, I’m switching us if it does because what’s $200 more in the grand scheme of things. It’s worth it for a nonstop flight IMO. So I check the flights several times a day for that flight to open and for price drops. Doing my early morning price check this past Thursday I noticed they added a brand new flight that day that wasn’t there the day before!! It was at 11:00 am… it flies from MCO to MDW and then to MEM with a 1 hour layover so not the best route since I consider Chicago way out of the way, but it was the same price as we paid for the 6:00 am flight so I didn’t think my BIL would object. So I called DH and told him I was switching us to that one. He said that’s awesome so we won’t have to wake up at 2:00 am to catch that 6:00 am flight. Now we can at least sleep until 7:00 am and still get home at a decent time. So I switched my BIL’s tickets online and called SWA to switch mine since DH is my free companion. I always watch all of our flights closely and I’ve just never really noticed them adding a whole new flight out of the blue like that, but I’m sure glad they did that day. Now if 4 people would cancel their nonstop flight that day, I’d be super stoked.🤞🏼

I like to plan way ahead, but here lately we’ve been planning more last minute trips. This trip is coming together nicely though. It’s my BIL and SIL’s first WDW trip so we want to show them a good time (especially with the sticker shock they have so they’ll feel like it was worth the cost. They don’t leave town much and have only ever travelled to Destin, FL and taken a couple Carnival cruises). We own DVC so they aren’t paying for a hotel room on this trip, which is a huge savings for them. I was lucky enough to snag us a 2 BR at BCV doing some serious stalking. I couldn’t believe my luck that day because we were booked at SSR since it was all that was available originally. I did have to borrow points from next year though, which sucked, but to be at BCV, that’s worth it. I just hope the weather cooperates with us that weekend, but if not, we have ponchos and shoe covers!

Just saw this on the website regarding purchase of Tier Qualifying Points through 8/15:
(However, after sigining in the point costs were too expensive to justify)

Image 7-22-23 at 9.00 AM.jpg

From what I’ve seen, buying points is never cost effective, even with their sales.
It can be cost effective if you already have points and you just need to "top off" to reach the amount you need for your flight. My friend was able to buy the points she needed for her round-trip flight and only paid $80. The cash cost of the round-trip itinerary is almost $400.

It can be cost effective if you already have points and you just need to "top off" to reach the amount you need for your flight. My friend was able to buy the points she needed for her round-trip flight and only paid $80. The cash cost of the round-trip itinerary is almost $400.
That was the only scenario I found where it might be worth it. They recently had a deal where using the credit card earned 5x the points. Using my card instead of my cash back card got me about $150 worth of points.

Has anyone else noticed that the points from your Southwest Credit card are not posting to the Rapid reward account? Mine have always been there the next day. Statement dated on 7-12 and points are still not there. I have been emailing Chase and they are no help, This is the response I received.

After further review of the above account, it reflects all earned points have transferred to your Rapid Rewardsaccount xxxxxxxxxx. Although points may post right afterthe statement closing date, we have to allow u to 30 daysfor the points to post. Regretfully, we are unable to expedite the process. If after the 30 days has past and the points haven't posted, please reply back to thise-mail to allow for further review.

Does anyone have the higher level of customer service telephone for Southwest. Seems like it may be on their end,

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter