Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Just saved about 4000 points for 2 people with that code for our flight down at the end of April.
We have flights for mi-April and I'd save about 5k in points if I rebooked using this code but then I'd lose my EB placeholder and I'd rather not lose that...

I did reach out via FB messenger to SW and they reminded me that the code was only valid on new bookings..

oh well!

We have flights for mi-April and I'd save about 5k in points if I rebooked using this code but then I'd lose my EB placeholder and I'd rather not lose that...

I did reach out via FB messenger to SW and they reminded me that the code was only valid on new bookings..

oh well!
Yeah, we’re doing preboard since I’m deaf and need to be situated before normal boarding, so I didn’t have that worry. If I did have EB, probably would have thought twice about that.

I’m a bit out of the loop with SW. Between DH and myself, we have two RR Plus Visa credit cards, and two RR Premier Visa credit cards.
We used all of these in 2022 to book EBCI and were credited back the cost.
Am I able to do this again in the new year? (It’s a new calendar year and also past our renewal anniversary for the cards.)

Yes, those benefits reset on your anniversary date. So as long as you’re past that, you can do it again.

What happens with EBCI if you rebook the same flight at a lower price? Not using points. I know if you change flights you get put at the end of the line, is that the same if you rebook the same flight to get the lower price?

Edit to clarify: I am doing a change reservation, but selecting the same flight to get the travel funds.

What happens with EBCI if you rebook the same flight at a lower price? Not using points. I know if you change flights you get put at the end of the line, is that the same if you rebook the same flight to get the lower price?

Edit to clarify: I am doing a change reservation, but selecting the same flight to get the travel funds.
I've been told that it will carry over the initial purchase time. That seems to be the consensus on FlyerTalk as well.

How would you check if it does for sure? By calling and changing to the lower fair rate?
There really is no way to know unless someone does a checks just for the data point. Would have to have two reservations, both with EBCI purchased on release day. Take the fare difference on one but not the other, see how far apart the boarding positions are at check in.
Calling in and changing is going to end up the same as changing online, if refaring causes the clock on EBCI to reset, it would happen both on calling in and changing online.

There really is no way to know unless someone does a checks just for the data point. Would have to have two reservations, both with EBCI purchased on release day. Take the fare difference on one but not the other, see how far apart the boarding positions are at check in.
Calling in and changing is going to end up the same as changing online, if refaring causes the clock on EBCI to reset, it would happen both on calling in and changing online.
I did this for our April trip home from Orlando. My husband and I have separate SWA accounts. I bought early bird fares for our flights on the same day which 99% of the time give us sequential boarding assignments. Our flights went on sale a few weeks ago and since it was only a $3 savings, I decided to get the sale price for just one ticket. I'll let you know after April 20th to see if it changes the EB number. :)

I did this for our April trip home from Orlando. My husband and I have separate SWA accounts. I bought early bird fares for our flights on the same day which 99% of the time give us sequential boarding assignments. Our flights went on sale a few weeks ago and since it was only a $3 savings, I decided to get the sale price for just one ticket. I'll let you know after April 20th to see if it changes the EB number. :)
Oh this will be a good test! Can't wait to see the results

Thanks for taking one for the team and doing this for us!

Thanks for doing this! I’m anxious for the results as I’ve repriced our August flights twice since buying them and wondered if I was messing up our EBCI.

Can someone clarify what they mean by three forms of payment for me?

I was planning to use three gift cards and then pay the rest with a credit card, is that not possible?

I was planning to use three gift cards and then pay the rest with a credit card, is that not possible?

Up to 3 forms of payment may be used to finish paying for the tickets. So 3 vouchers total, 3 gift cards, or 1 gift card - 1 voucher - 1 credit card.

3 gift cards and a credit card is considered 4 forms of payment, so that's not possible. Only 2 GCs and then 1 CC.

Up to 3 forms of payment may be used to finish paying for the tickets. So 3 vouchers total, 3 gift cards, or 1 gift card - 1 voucher - 1 credit card.

3 gift cards and a credit card is considered 4 forms of payment, so that's not possible. Only 2 GCs and then 1 CC.
Thank you! Glad I didn’t get three 😅

Advanced consolidation lesson. Buy a one way ticket for a WGA+ fare using two gift cards and as small a portion as you can with a credit card. Wait 48 hours, cancel that ticket and you now have a TF for that amount. Book the ticket you want with the TF, third gift card and CC.

Advanced consolidation lesson. Buy a one way ticket for a WGA+ fare using two gift cards and as small a portion as you can with a credit card. Wait 48 hours, cancel that ticket and you now have a TF for that amount. Book the ticket you want with the TF, third gift card and CC.
Step 1: why credit card at all? If you just use two GC, does WGA+ suddenly become a refundable fare? Or are you assuming that the two GCs are insufficient to cover the cost of the ticket?

Step 1: why credit card at all? If you just use two GC, does WGA+ suddenly become a refundable fare? Or are you assuming that the two GCs are insufficient to cover the cost of the ticket?
If you use two GC, you aren't using all of the GC. If you have $100 in GC, you are ideally looking for the lowest fare above that amount to be sure you fully drain both GC. Say $101.

If you use two GC, you aren't using all of the GC. If you have $100 in GC, you are ideally looking for the lowest fare above that amount to be sure you fully drain both GC. Say $101.
Got it. Given that PP has 3 GC, I'd probably suggest using the 3rd one and then you end up with GC, flight credits, but haven't locked up any more $ with SW. But, if they're going to have to spend some cash above and beyond GCs, guess it's 6 of one, half dozen the other.

My flight home dropped another $55 today ($69 in total)! I used that savings to change my flight down from a 5PM flight to a 11AM flight, which was an additional $50. Much rather get in to MCO in the late afternoon vs later at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter