Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Have you flown out of KC since the new terminal opened? We are flying out on 3/26 in the evening, and just wondered how much more time we needed to allot to get thru security now. I loved how it used to be set up.
My daughter flew out Friday night and I picked her up last night. It wasn't terrible. She got through security quickly. But all of security for everyone is in one line now. The line space set up was sort of intimidating and made me wonder if it might become a problem. But her experience Friday evening was that the line was short and it went quickly.

Have you flown out of KC since the new terminal opened? We are flying out on 3/26 in the evening, and just wondered how much more time we needed to allot to get thru security now. I loved how it used to be set up.
Not yet, our flight isn't for another month.

I think the security is doing okay on timing for now but now it's prime spring break time so it's kinda like the big test (Big 12 tournament wasn't quite the same as it's mostly arrivals not locals flying out). I'm expecting the news to keep up with stories on it as they have been doing so.

One of the stories for example mentioned Delta was seeing the highest waits for check-in at 4am not sure how that translates to what the security was like then though since it's all 1 now. Our Cancun flight next month is at 5:20am so I suppose probably one of the busiest times in terms of security that may be expected?? IDK. I'll be sure to comment on our experience though unfortunately for now will be after your trip.

We usually fly out of BWI. Actually, I've never flown out of DCA. How is parking at the airport? Is it easy to maneuver? We're right between both airports.
I hear parking is very expensive. The short-term garage is easy to maneuver. We park there when picking up visitors because the first hour is free. We're 10 minutes away and always take ride share there and a taxi (or metro depending on the hour/if we have baggage) home.

I hear parking is very expensive. The short-term garage is easy to maneuver. We park there when picking up visitors because the first hour is free. We're 10 minutes away and always take ride share there and a taxi (or metro depending on the hour/if we have baggage) home.

Yeah, it is. Parking at BWI is anywhere from $8 to $22 a day, depending on where you park. Reagan is $19/day for long term, or $29/day for short term.

My daughter flew out Friday night and I picked her up last night. It wasn't terrible. She got through security quickly. But all of security for everyone is in one line now. The line space set up was sort of intimidating and made me wonder if it might become a problem. But her experience Friday evening was that the line was short and it went quickly.
Do you or your daughter use Parking Spot?

That's what we use and I'm looking for how it's going now just not much chatter about it in the news.

Not yet, our flight isn't for another month.

I think the security is doing okay on timing for now but now it's prime spring break time so it's kinda like the big test (Big 12 tournament wasn't quite the same as it's mostly arrivals not locals flying out). I'm expecting the news to keep up with stories on it as they have been doing so.

One of the stories for example mentioned Delta was seeing the highest waits for check-in at 4am not sure how that translates to what the security was like then though since it's all 1 now. Our Cancun flight next month is at 5:20am so I suppose probably one of the busiest times in terms of security that may be expected?? IDK. I'll be sure to comment on our experience though unfortunately for now will be after your trip.
I really liked how it was set up with security at each group of gates instead of one big line for everyone. We will be at the Hy-vee arena that day for the State wrestling tournament, and while it should be done long before my 8 pm flight, its a gamble. Last year it was almost 5 before they were done. But that was in Cape Girardeau, so maybe it will be more efficient at the Hyvee arena, who knows. I hadn't thought about the new terminal changing how security was run, because we don't fly from there often. Maybe late on a Sunday evening won't be too bad.

What's this Parking Spot thing?

I really liked how it was set up with security at each group of gates instead of one big line for everyone. We will be at the Hy-vee arena that day for the State wrestling tournament, and while it should be done long before my 8 pm flight, its a gamble. Last year it was almost 5 before they were done. But that was in Cape Girardeau, so maybe it will be more efficient at the Hyvee arena, who knows. I hadn't thought about the new terminal changing how security was run, because we don't fly from there often. Maybe late on a Sunday evening won't be too bad.

I loved it how it was. Still skeptical of how it will be going forward. A lot of it depends on how they keep that security area staffed. We had a great thing. I sure hope they didn't mess that up.

The Parking Spot is a parking option at the airport (they have them around the nation). They have uncovered and covered parking options. A shuttle picks you up at your car, gives you a ticket with your parking location listed, and takes you to the airport. They are located right by the airport just a few minute ride at least it was before.

Then when you needed to go back to your car you'd give them your ticket and they drop you back off at your car. Water bottles are also available too free of charge on your way out although it's been a bit since we've asked for them.

The big change that I'm looking for is how the picking up procedure at the airport itself since it's just one location type area on the lower level. Before you'd walk to the center curb and a Parking Spot shuttle would come back quite frequently and it was rare to have a line since they would just stop along the way on the circle of the Terminals.

https://www.theparkingspot.com/loca...QnU7cgyI_SOfosOdic4aAvOEEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And yes us locals loved the way the old security was.

I use a different company https://www.thefastpark.com/ that has lots in many cities. Same price or less for me as parking at the economy lot but it's a two minute shuttle to the terminal and secured.
That company isn't in KC although the premise is similar.

Parking Spot is more expensive than Economy here but it's also a different type of experience than Economy parking. I've never used the detailing option for Parking Spot but I know my husband's coworkers have on occasion.

That's what I thought about DCA, but hadn't investigated enough to know.

Yeah, it is. Parking at BWI is anywhere from $8 to $22 a day, depending on where you park. Reagan is $19/day for long term, or $29/day for short term.
There are several hotels who rent garage parking and have shuttles every 30 minutes to Reagan for around $10 a day. We just paid $20 a day at our small local airport for a recent week long trip. I don’t mind spending money on food or attractions, but parking fees drive me crazy!

There are several hotels who rent garage parking and have shuttles every 30 minutes to Reagan for around $10 a day. We just paid $20 a day at our small local airport for a recent week long trip. I don’t mind spending money on food or attractions, but parking fees drive me crazy!
We used Spot Hero at Dulles last summer to park at a hotel garage and use their shuttle. We were satisfied with the service. I think my brother in law uses an app like fast park, forgot the exact name.

The off-site parking at my home airport of Philly International drives me crazy. The on-site economy parking is $15/day. The off-site parking advertises rates as low as like $8/day. But then the off-site places have fees that bring it back up to $15, so there's no advantage to parking off-site.

I’m a bit out of the loop with SW. Between DH and myself, we have two RR Plus Visa credit cards, and two RR Premier Visa credit cards.
We used all of these in 2022 to book EBCI and were credited back the cost.
Am I able to do this again in the new year? (It’s a new calendar year and also past our renewal anniversary for the cards.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter