Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I will definitely ask them to see if they can modify our reservation if there are seats available. Does the CP only work in the same category. for instance, if we book WGA, we cannot book the companion at the Anytime price?

As PP said, it’s booked as a Companion, no matter what you book. If you book Business Select, your companion does not get those benefits & will not be assigned 1-15.

24 hours prior to departure go to southwests website and check in. You’ll be given a boarding group A B or C and a number 1-60. That’s the other you board the plane.

A1-30. A31-60. B1-30. B31-60. C1-30. C31-60. Sooner and closer to 24 hours better the boarding group you have. If you are in A or B you should be able to find 2-3 seats together. C is where it gets hairy

Definitely check in right at 24 hours for your best choices day of.

This happened to us last month with a 5:30AM flight but, many will be up early with you at the 24 hour mark, snagging their boarding groups. I was watching the second hand on my apple watch visible at the 24 hour mark and clicked immediately but even with that we were B45 and B46. thankfully we were able to find seats together at the back of the plane.

I checked-in right at 24 hours prior (5:45 a.m.) and got A39 and A40, so I feel pretty good about that.

Southwest is counting award flights flown between Jan. 1, 2022, and Sept. 19, 2022, toward tier status requirements. Many Southwest Rapid Rewards members were notified of this promotion on their account page, but no public announcement has been made.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-to-count-some-2022-award-travel-toward-tier-status/
Yup, this is already reflected on my account. Now it's only 21 flights to go, instead of 23! If only I had unlimited vacation time and budget... :rotfl2:

Southwest is counting award flights flown between Jan. 1, 2022, and Sept. 19, 2022, toward tier status requirements. Many Southwest Rapid Rewards members were notified of this promotion on their account page, but no public announcement has been made.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-to-count-some-2022-award-travel-toward-tier-status/
I was 2 flights away and I noticed I already earned A-list and wasn’t quite sure how but now I know! Wish I had known sooner bc I do have a ton of points!!

I forgot to check in yesterday right at the 24 hour mark. Two hours later, fully expecting to be somewhere in the C group, we were able to get A 27 and 28, I couldn't believe it. Do I dare hope for a flight that's not completely packed???

I forgot to check in yesterday right at the 24 hour mark. Two hours later, fully expecting to be somewhere in the C group, we were able to get A 27 and 28, I couldn't believe it. Do I dare hope for a flight that's not completely packed???
Did you purchase Anytime Fare? Anytime Fare now comes with EBCI included.
Did you purchase WGA fare but also purchase EBCI but not remember?

While that would be nice, I would not anticipate that happening. I agree with @Mackenzie Click-Mickelson that whatever ticket you purchased much have included EBCI or, you must have purchased it and forgotten. Getting A27 and A28 2 hours after check-in would mean your flight would probably have less than 20 people on it so I cannot see that flight flying.

Maybe someone who was already checked in changed their flight - you might have gotten lucky and got their spots.

Nope, definitely not ECBI. As it turns out, our colleague forgot to check in until this morning and got C. So either it’s like MinnieC suggested or I am apparently flying with a bunch of other forgetful people.

Thanks.

It hasn't happened in a very long time, at least reported here on this thread, if they were filling in spots between the 36 hour and 24 hour mark if someone with A-list or EBCI adjusted their flight during that time period. It used to be that way where you could get lucky and get what that spot was but since the pandemic and updates to how they assign boarding positions (like giving A-list benefit to passengers on same reservation number, etc) it did not seem to be happening like in the past (reported at least on this thread).

Thanks.

It hasn't happened in a very long time, at least reported here on this thread, if they were filling in spots between the 36 hour and 24 hour mark if someone with A-list or EBCI adjusted their flight during that time period. It used to be that way where you could get lucky and get what that spot was but since the pandemic and updates to how they assign boarding positions (like giving A-list benefit to passengers on same reservation number, etc) it did not seem to be happening like in the past (reported at least on this thread).
Yeah it absolutely shocked me! I did hear from one other person at this conference that they were on a half full flight on the way up, which is something I haven’t heard of since the early pandemic days.

Yeah it absolutely shocked me! I did hear from one other person at this conference that they were on a half full flight on the way up, which is something I haven’t heard of since the early pandemic days.
Our flight home from Vegas last Thursday had more room than I had seen in recent travels but def. not half full! That must have been sooo nice.

I received a rewards member thank you for flying with us in the mail today. Announcing they are serving liquor again. Kindly gave us 4 drink tickets 😁

Yes, definitely serving liquor again. Woman next to me had two drinks on the way home.
Alcohol has been served on SWA since mid-Feb with them accepting expired drink coupons.

We've got old and new drink coupons but struggle to want alcohol at 5am or at almost 10pm/11pm on our flights to/from Vegas. Oddly my husband hasn't found a time yet when he's flying for work to want the alcohol. Most of the time it's just our flight times being so early or late (my husband often takes the last flight out if coming back home) but I did used to get them every now and then pre-pandemic. I ended up finding a fav beer from Lagunitas one time lol

Alcohol has been served on SWA since mid-Feb with them accepting expired drink coupons.

We've got old and new drink coupons but struggle to want alcohol at 5am or at almost 10pm/11pm on our flights to/from Vegas. Oddly my husband hasn't found a time yet when he's flying for work to want the alcohol. Most of the time it's just our flight times being so early or late (my husband often takes the last flight out if coming back home) but I did used to get them every now and then pre-pandemic. I ended up finding a fav beer from Lagunitas one time lol
For the old coupons, on the last flight I was told they were no longer accepting them. This was in August. Has anyone used them recently? Also, I used to be the only one to get drink coupons but they are really pushing them out lately. One DD got them after one flight and the other DD got them two weeks in a row in the mail. 16 between the three of us plus our expired ones. Way more than we need. It was nice when you used to be able to use them on vitamin water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter