Poseidon’s Fury Closing Permanently May 9, 2023

My understanding is that the Universal's license for The Simpsons is about to expire, which is why there is speculation the Simpsons area may be transformed into something else. The question for Universal is if they want to keep paying money to Disney to use The Simpsons. Universal may decide there is IP they already own that might make a great themed land/area. I'm not totally sure what that would be, but there are plenty of options.
I have no idea what will happen but they will be spending money either way so I, for one, would be very disappointed if they change up Springfield.

I'll miss it, the water show is fun every time I see it.

However cannot argue the LC continent space is being used well, excited to see what comes next.

It was one of my favorites when I used to work at Universal and visited all the time. Lots of fond memories of the vortex tunnel and then interacting with the talking fountain. But the Lost Continent as a whole always felt out of place once Hogsmeade opened.

It was one of my favorites when I used to work at Universal and visited all the time. Lots of fond memories of the vortex tunnel and then interacting with the talking fountain. But the Lost Continent as a whole always felt out of place once Hogsmeade opened.
The actors for this “ride” did a great job.

We’ll be there right before it closes, so we’ll need to make sure we do the walk through one last time. Probably eat at Mythos, too, just to be safe!

Sad because these types of attractions are needed.

Hopefully this doesn’t affect Mythos.
Mythos lost me a few years ago as to the current menu. However, the universal parks sorely need attractions such as these. especially for those who don’t necessarily want to devote hours milling around HP on multi trips each year & those who don’t necessarily want to necessarily ride all high intensity attractions

We’ll be there right before it closes, so we’ll need to make sure we do the walk through one last time. Probably eat at Mythos, too, just to be safe!
I’m really surprised they yanked it after the recent refurb. We are a 2 Hour flight away. Already have a cruise booked early May. However, still sorely tempted to try to sneak in a weekend to see it one more time Lol.

Mythos lost me a few years ago as to the current menu. However, the universal parks sorely need attractions such as these. especially for those who don’t necessarily want to devote hours milling around HP on multi trips each year & those who don’t necessarily want to necessarily ride all high intensity attractions

I’m really surprised they yanked it after the recent refurb. We are a 2 Hour flight away. Already have a cruise booked early May. However, still sorely tempted to try to sneak in a weekend to see it one more time Lol.
So highly agreed that they needed attractions like these!

I'm looking forward to something new and more exciting in this area. Don't think we've done this since 2011. I do not at all like attractions where you just walk through it, STAND for a show, or whatever. I love mythology, and remember just adoring this land when we first visited in the early 2000s, but it's just too dated now, and they've already moved away from all the other legends/myth inspired rides in the area. I would love Zelda or similar, with something more exciting.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to something new and more exciting in this area. Don't think we've done this since 2011. I do not at all like attractions where you just walk through it, STAND for a show, or whatever. I love mythology, and remember just adoring this land when we first visited in the early 2000s, but it's just too dated now, and they've already moved away from all the other legends/myth inspired rides in the area. I would love Zelda or similar, with something more exciting.

That`s us too......and on some days depending on how much we had done, I`d think twice about Shrek as we had to stand for what felt like ages......lol.....and not interested in general in walk throughs.

I have no clue who Zelda is o_O

I've been wanting Poseidon's Fury merch for forever. I even have an alert set for Ebay, but haven't seen any shirts in my size. I know for Disney parks there are merch resellers online. Does anyone know where to find those for Universal?

We were at the parks this weekend and my 5yo did the temple for the first and last time - he loved it! I'm excited to see what will go in there. :)

I've been wanting Poseidon's Fury merch for forever. I even have an alert set for Ebay, but haven't seen any shirts in my size. I know for Disney parks there are merch resellers online. Does anyone know where to find those for Universal?

I don't know if Universal still does this, but years ago you could call Universal Orlando, tell them which store it was in, and then you could buy it and they would ship it to you.

I don't know if Universal still does this, but years ago you could call Universal Orlando, tell them which store it was in, and then you could buy it and they would ship it to you.
It might be too late for this specific shirt because I saw another Twitter thread saying that the Poseidon's Fury shirts are now sold out. Team members don't know if they'll be getting anymore. I bought mine on Saturday and I saw SO many people buying them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter