Pop Century Room Renovations

IAm at building 8 right now. And there is no running water. A pipe broke. Building 8 and 7(not sure but they said another building too) don't have running water. They are working on it. :worried::hourglass:mad:
Someone on the Pop Century thread said it was a water main break. That's a lot worse than just a pipe. Yikes. That's why it's affecting more than one building. Hope it gets fixed quick!

What???? Noooooo this is terrible. I am going to see if they can give me at least some bottles of water

What???? Noooooo this is terrible. I am going to see if they can give me at least some bottles of water
Well Disney is pretty good with situations like this. They might have it repaired quick. I know water main breaks in NYC are a disaster, but a water main break at Disney might not be as bad. I googled it and couldn't find anything about a water main break in the past.

I hope it gets fixed quick for you!

Two updates. After standing in line and waiting just under an hour at concierge, I have obtained a key to another room to shower and three extra FPs for missing park opening.

Walked back past Building 10 and there are people in room 0107 and the one next to it! Saw them collecting luggage and into occupied renovated rooms! Apparently they did not open that whole building at same time as wing closer to Classic Hall and rooms on parking lot side are definitely still undergoing renovation.

Walked back past Building 10 and there are people in room 0107 and the one next to it! Saw them collecting luggage and into occupied renovated rooms! Apparently they did not open that whole building at same time as wing closer to Classic Hall and rooms on parking lot side are definitely still undergoing renovation.

I am listening to DPark Radio, and just as I read this, Zip a Dee Do Da started playing! Wonderful day indeed! Hopefully that will increase my ability to get a renovated room in December . . .

Two updates. After standing in line and waiting just under an hour at concierge, I have obtained a key to another room to shower and three extra FPs for missing park opening.

THANKS!

Squeeee!!! Would those be considered preferred rooms? I have preferred booked and am so hoping for a renovated one when we travel in two weeks!

Squeeee!!! Would those be considered preferred rooms? I have preferred booked and am so hoping for a renovated one when we travel in two weeks!
I just checked touring plans and it says standard - the other side of building 10 would be preferred

Anyone know if Building 6 is closed yet? I put in 70s section as my request so if Building 6 is still open I’m worried they will put me there.

So my hubby and I are staying at Pop in building 8. Been here since 10/24 and got lucky with a refurbished room which we love! Today was our sleep in late, hang out in the room morning. Unfortunately we are still without water since this morning. We aren’t super angry about it but I did go to the lobby to see about the rumor of getting 3 fastpasses for our troubles. After waiting in line I was told by concierge that “the water is now back on” and that she wasn’t sure what could be done since we hadn’t missed our fastpasses for the day yet. She then said “I can get you one fast pass if that’s what you want.” I really didn’t expect to be given a hard time like this, and no-our water is not back on yet! Lame.

So my hubby and I are staying at Pop in building 8. Been here since 10/24 and got lucky with a refurbished room which we love! Today was our sleep in late, hang out in the room morning. Unfortunately we are still without water since this morning. We aren’t super angry about it but I did go to the lobby to see about the rumor of getting 3 fastpasses for our troubles. After waiting in line I was told by concierge that “the water is now back on” and that she wasn’t sure what could be done since we hadn’t missed our fastpasses for the day yet. She then said “I can get you one fast pass if that’s what you want.” I really didn’t expect to be given a hard time like this, and no-our water is not back on yet! Lame.
Wow, that's pretty disappointing. Did you go back and say that the water still wasn't working?

DisBoards needs a "That Sucks" button next to the Like button. I always feel like I can't hit Like on a comment that has something negative about it.

Anyway, sorry to hear all that. Hope this doesn't ruin your trip for you.

Anyone know if Building 6 is closed yet? I put in 70s section as my request so if Building 6 is still open I’m worried they will put me there.
I’m on the Magical Express right now and was assigned a room in bldg 6. I am here through Friday. I plan to go beg at the front desk when I get there but now I am worried refurbed may be even harder to get because of water main.

I’m on the Magical Express right now and was assigned a room in bldg 6. I am here through Friday. I plan to go beg at the front desk when I get there but now I am worried refurbed may be even harder to get because of water main.
Oh no! Building 6?!?! That sucks. (The That Sucks button would be handy right now!) I thought they'd be closing them this week. That's not looking good for Building 10.

Hopefully the water main is fixed and you won't have a problem switching rooms! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Let us know if you hear anything about Building 10 please.

Enjoy your vacation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter