Pop Century Room Renovations

Has anyone at Pop noticed the TVs in Building 10 running through the night? That seems to be one of the final steps they take before opening a new building. They run them for an extended period of time, supposedly to display any defects that might pop up after extended time of play.

I hope they put them on Stacey's channel! :goodvibes

Has anyone at Pop noticed the TVs in Building 10 running through the night? That seems to be one of the final steps they take before opening a new building. They run them for an extended period of time, supposedly to display any defects that might pop up after extended time of play.

So I just literally snooped around building 10, I probably looked like a crazy person. Anyways, only 1/2 of 1 wing is still being worked on. ALOT of rooms are totally ready (linens and pillows on bed, flyers on dressers), I even saw halloween decor on a window, which really peaked my interest. I don't think anyone is in them. I didn't see any TVs on but a lot of rooms have the blinds completely drawn, so it could just be that I can't see them on. I was just able to peak through a couple of curtains and I didn't see stuff from people. I think it's really really close guys! FYI, the new rooms are really awesome. We are mainly deluxe people but I would stay here again in a heartbeat. They used the space really well.

just back about 2 hours ago from WDW and totally fell in love with the new rooms.
I was in 7420, facing away from POP.
It was so peaceful and quiet.
First trip out of the 50s for me and was so happy I decided to try the new rooms.
Didn't mind the walk.
felt like a ton of storage.
was on 4th floor so only real noise I heard was the meltdown of the toddler in the room next door on my last morning.
The randomness of the fan in the bathroom is bizarre
hated the shampoo. the color...the smell...just nope.
Back in 60 days for a 2 week trip and will definitely try to get a refurnished room again.
If I figure out how to post pics again with the new process I will do so.

and when I looked quick last night, 9 of the 12 rooms from 0100 to 0112 were all made up and ready to go from the look of it. Not sure about the other floors.

Visiting 12/5-12/10. Just found a room (Standard Pool View - the reservation says near the computer or bowling pool) direct through Disney this morning. (Very long story - all I can say is NEVER EVER book through Cancelon - which we found through Trip Advisor can you say NIGHTMARE??!!!). It's only my husband and I so we only need one bed. My preference would be a refurbished room, so should that be my only request? I'd prefer a king, but realize it's late in the game to make any requests at all! Also - does anyone know the status of the bridge going between POP an Art of Animation? That's where my daughter and her family are staying. Thanks in advance!

Visiting 12/5-12/10. Just found a room (Standard Pool View - the reservation says near the computer or bowling pool) direct through Disney this morning. (Very long story - all I can say is NEVER EVER book through Cancelon - which we found through Trip Advisor can you say NIGHTMARE??!!!). It's only my husband and I so we only need one bed. My preference would be a refurbished room, so should that be my only request? I'd prefer a king, but realize it's late in the game to make any requests at all! Also - does anyone know the status of the bridge going between POP an Art of Animation? That's where my daughter and her family are staying. Thanks in advance!
room requests are not working online donyou will need to call in your request. If you'd like a refurbished room then yes I would make it your only request but please know more and more people are requesting so not all get it.

Closest rooms to AoA bridge are the (not yet refurbished) 60s. Bridge is open. It has construction walls running the length of it but they're keeping it open.

room requests are not working online donyou will need to call in your request. If you'd like a refurbished room then yes I would make it your only request but please know more and more people are requesting so not all get it.

Closest rooms to AoA bridge are the (not yet refurbished) 60s. Bridge is open. It has construction walls running the length of it but they're keeping it open.

And I realize it's very late in the game at this point. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Here now, called to request a refurb room last week and sent a fax. I got a text saying I was in building 2, I was a little disappointed so I called the reservations hotline to see what they could do. I was having breakfast at Grand Floridian and had time to spare, after multiple shuffling over the phone they got me in building 9 and let me just say the room is amazing. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

They are still working on Building 10, but a peek from the walkway they look done inside. Curtains are hung bundled up the the side and everything.

Here now, called to request a refurb room last week and sent a fax. I got a text saying I was in building 2, I was a little disappointed so I called the reservations hotline to see what they could do. I was having breakfast at Grand Floridian and had time to spare, after multiple shuffling over the phone they got me in building 9 and let me just say the room is amazing. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

They are still working on Building 10, but a peek from the walkway they look done inside. Curtains are hung bundled up the the side and everything.
Thank you so much for the update. :worship:

I hope they put them on Stacey's channel! :goodvibes

LOL. We have that on all the time when we're at Disney. My kids have even watched it on youtube. My mom despises it to the point she asked that we not watch it when we're there together. We need to find a happy medium because she's just as bad with CNN.

We're checking for a one-night stay on November 24th before moving on to CSR for five nights. I requested a refurbished room, but it's just one night, so I'm not that worried about it. We've not stayed at Pop before, but have friends who love it. .

Here are two photos I took today from the walkway of building 10. Progress is being made. They look done except for the linens on the bed. The mattress still has plastic on it.
Yay!! Looks like Building 10 might be open end of Nov after all!!

At Pop now. Got a renovated room in Building 7 and I am in LOVE. Seems like an upgrade in every possible way. It does feel like more of a walk to Classic Hall than rooms I’ve had in the past (Buildings 3, 4, 5 and 6) but totally worth it and you can cut through the parking lot for a slightly shorter walk to the buses.

Now for the bad news. If they plan to open rooms in Building 10 all at the same time, I do not think it’s on the verge of opening any day now. They’ve started leaving the lights on all the time which is a good sign, but many rooms do not look fully complete. Some do not have all furniture in and still have tools and equipment in them. I was here on May 12 and the ground floor rooms of Building 8 looked much closer to finished than these rooms do and Buildng 8 didn’t end up opening until June 8.

Hopefully they’ve learned how to complete final steps of the renovations more quickly, but thought I’d pass this along for folks anxiously awaiting news on Building 10.

At Pop now. Got a renovated room in Building 7 and I am in LOVE. Seems like an upgrade in every possible way. It does feel like more of a walk to Classic Hall than rooms I’ve had in the past (Buildings 3, 4, 5 and 6) but totally worth it and you can cut through the parking lot for a slightly shorter walk to the buses.

Now for the bad news. If they plan to open rooms in Building 10 all at the same time, I do not think it’s on the verge of opening any day now. They’ve started leaving the lights on all the time which is a good sign, but many rooms do not look fully complete. Some do not have all furniture in and still have tools and equipment in them. I was here on May 12 and the ground floor rooms of Building 8 looked much closer to finished than these rooms do and Buildng 8 didn’t end up opening until June 8.

Hopefully they’ve learned how to complete final steps of the renovations more quickly, but thought I’d pass this along for folks anxiously awaiting news on Building 10.
Oh no! I’m still holding out hope it’s done by end of this week. :sad:

Thanks for the update.

I’m so upset. I really want Building 10 done.

I know I could just ask for any refurbished room. I personally wouldn’t mind which refurbished building we get.

However, my husband wants it closest to Classic Hall. He broke his ankle a couple of years ago and had surgery and it just never healed right. He really wants the shortest walk at the end of the day after walking around Disney all day.

I really want a refurbished room. I wanted to surprise my daughters with it too. My husband does want the new mattresses, and would love a new room also, so it’s not just for me.

I’ll do whatever is best for him though.

This sucks.

IAm at building 8 right now. And there is no running water. A pipe broke. Building 8 and 7(not sure but they said another building too) don't have running water. They are working on it. :worried::hourglass:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter