Pop Century Room Renovations

He was working on bldg 10, I could see where they have to repair the outside wall damage. It seems like they are concentrating in that area more than other parts of the section. More workers were going there in the mornings.
Ugh. Hurricane Irma damage?

I just realized there are a lot less Standard rooms in Building 10 than Building 6. :eek:
ugh really?? I figured if 6 is closed when I arrive requesting 70's helps my chances of a refurb - but its just me and DH so a king (what we got without asking last year at ASMu) would be fine. What causes the difference in layouts between the two?

ugh really?? I figured if 6 is closed when I arrive requesting 70's helps my chances of a refurb - but its just me and DH so a king (what we got without asking last year at ASMu) would be fine. What causes the difference in layouts between the two?
On the T of Building 10 there are 3 sections (each one a straight line) of Preferred and 3 of Standard. On Building 6, only 1 section is Preferred and the other 5 are Standard!

See the yellow lines?
PC-PREFERRED.jpg

CRAP I totally forgot about that fact - I knew some stanards in 70's are around the corner from a preferred but I forgot thats building 6 not 10 - UGH I wonder if that means I am better off just requesting building 9 instead

Your best bet is to request a refurbished room.

I want to see what the room request / online check-in looks like, but not actually check-in or request a room yet. If I click on Online Check-In does it allow me to get back out without doing anything? Is there a cancel or back option?

I want to see what the room request / online check-in looks like, but not actually check-in or request a room yet. If I click on Online Check-In does it allow me to get back out without doing anything? Is there a cancel or back option?

yes, there'll be a cancel button at the bottom left where you can exit without actually completing checkin.

I'm only going to be there 4 nights, so it really isn't worth it to opt out of housekeeping because I would just get $20, right? My last short stay at POP was also 4 nights and one afternoon I just told the housekeeping that I didn't need her services for that day but could I have more soaps and stuff. :o I kind of a Disney soap/shampoo hoarder.
Me too lol.

Just checked out of the 80's section on Sun. I talked to a worker about the rooms in the 70's section. He said they complete 12 rooms a day. They still have a lot of work to do. Some rooms haven't even been touched. They are making progress but it looks like it will take a while.
This is for building 10? Hope they’re done by end of Nov! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter