Pooh Sized Rider - Cars Land

mitcham

Earning My Ears
We are making our second trip to Disneyland in mid May, and have not been there since Cars Land opened. I'm not sure of what the rides are in that area and if they are Pooh Size friendly. Could someone with some personal experience let me know what to expect? Thank you!

BFF is 'pooh-sized' and hasn't had a problem with any of the CL rides. The only ride in DCA that she doesn't ride due to her size is Goofy's Sky School. She can fit in, but she doesn't feel 'safe'.

Hi, I am a Pooh Sized woman.
I find Radiator Springs Racers to be a tad uncomfortable because of the seat shape (my hips/butt are wider than the concave seats). I asked a CM which seat would be best for a person of size and he recommended the front center. We only ever rode 2 in front and 2 in back, though. Seat belts are never an issue. They are plenty long enough. Make use of the popular tip to pull them out before you sit. I often needed my seat mate's help to get them done and undone, though.

I've never done Goofy's Sky School. Even my thin family members said it was tight.

I always avoided Symphony Seings but there ARE double seats that you can use.

Nothing else is even an issue whatsoever. Hope you all have a great time!

For the seatbelt on the racers, I pull it out, around, and buckle I before I sit down. I do sometimes need help getting it unbuckled though.

I found most rides comfortable. Having my DS seatmate to help with getting the buckle was helpful but not a must. Enjoy your trip:flower3:

Keep in mind, it's not just fitting into the seats but after the ride do you have the arm strength to pull yourself up ? RSR front seats you can grab the top of the windshield to pull on. I almost got stuck on the rockets in TL. After the ride I just couldn't push down with my arms.

For the seatbelt on the racers, I pull it out, around, and buckle I before I sit down. I do sometimes need help getting it unbuckled though.

I do this on pretty much all the 'seatbelt' rides and I'm not Pooh-sized. It makes loading and locking so much easier!

BFF is Pooh-sized and for unloading we find what works is that I sit on the side that has her buckle. I unbuckle her at the end of the ride, she stands, then I can lean over her empty seat to make it easier to unbuckle my buckle.

Are there any turnstiles at any of the rides? We are going in July. It's our first time visiting Disneyland and I'm scared.
I think all of Fantasy Land has turnstiles.... Come to think of it, any pre-1980s ride likely has turnstiles. Star Wars does, and I think that was made around 1987?

Good news, I don't think most (any?) at DCA have turnstiles.

Many of the turnstiles have been removed. The one I know still has it is Jungle Cruise. They have been removed from Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room on the last refurb.

Unless some of these have been removed in the last month, there are turnstiles in the queues or exits on Jungle Cruise, Star Tours, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Carousel, Casey Jr and Alice. I honestly don't remember if there were turnstiles on Snow White, Pinocchio or Matterhorn. I want to say yes, but Matterhorn's was possibly only in the regular queue and not SR because I just rode it this week and don't remember on. Dumbo and Rockets I haven't gone through those queues in a while. My guess is there there's a chance that the turnstiles could disappear from the 3 rides with FP once the scanners in the queues go active.

I'm fat, I'm not shaped like a stuffed bear. A small stuffed bear would have an easier time with turnstiles and ride seats than I do.

Many of the turnstiles have been removed. The one I know still has it is Jungle Cruise. They have been removed from Haunted Mansion and Tiki Room on the last refurb.
I want to say there are turnstiles at BTMRR and Star Tours too. I don't remember what else. But surely there's a way around them if you don't fit. It's not as though larger people never visit DLR, so the CM's must have a way to handle that situation. You could ask the CM at the line entrance, and worst-case-scenario they might have you load from the handicap line.

Obviously this varies quite a bit with height, body composition, etc., but generally, most people under 300lbs don't have an issue fitting into the seats (comfort might be a different issue.) I'm also on some bariatric websites, and people who have issues tend to be going towards the 400lb range, and you'll see quite a few posts pop up where people are down to 250 and can fit on the rides as opposed to the last time they went.

Also, Disney seems to be more accommodating in this regard and a bit more sensitive than, say, Universal, where people will be pulled off the rides in front of everyone, though I haven't heard of that happening at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter