Poly Villas vs Grand Floridian Villas (Resale)

My vote is for VGF (we own there). I like the Poly main lobby, restaurants and bars but hated the difficulty booking any restaurant at the Poly. I didn't love the Poly rooms when we stayed there and we were very far from the main lobby/monorail. We found the main pool to be overcrowded and hectic and the quiet pool to be a bit boring. At VGF, we really like both pools, the covered walkway to the Villas (we were once completely drenched going back to our room at Poly), and the multiple restaurants we can book. It's only a 4-5 min walk to the Poly so we easily walk over for Dole Whips or shopping. We also prefer a 1 or 2 bedroom and never stay in studios anymore with 3 kids. Both are beautiful so you will probably be fine with either option but once you've stayed in a 1 bedroom, you'll buy more points.... :)

I would be bit hesitant to make decision on these until more details are known about gfv2. A lot will depend on what point charts for new studios look like and price per point as these changes could drop resale value dramatically. There’s also risk the point charts may create system where everone is competing for legacy studios and the new studios are viewed as “inferior” (or opposite if the point charts are more attractive for new units like akv value).

For resort advantage post change, I think for sure the extra studios will make 7mo window for gfv easier to book but as owner it may create pinch on the 1br/2br (though if you want these gfv is the only option). If we assume everything ends up reatively balanced point wise, I would think gfv may be easier to book studio at 7mon then poly. This may not play out based on current results but with poly having the bungalows which are underutilized and no lock offs to generate lock off premium to eat points I think the gfv has to have similar good availability for studios once all those are added.

VGF resale owner here who keeps wanting to try Poly studios:

As between the 2, I would lean to VGF resale unless you love Poly (sounds like they're pretty much tied). I know you said you're a studios family but so were we until we started staying in larger units. We still do studios, but only for short trips. At least with VGF you have the choice.

Like I said above, I haven't stayed in Poly studios but can speak to VGF studios: while Poly does have more floor space, if you look at the floor plans between VGF/Poly, a lot of the extra space goes to the extra "bath". To me that is wasted space because the split bath in VGF is sort of overlooked - you have 1 toilet, 1 sink (+kitchenette sink outside) + 2 showers (one is a tub). With the poly studio, you get 1 more bathroom sink. For us, we really need (prefer) 2 showers, and we do ok with "only" 2 sinks in the studio. The hall/entrance area in VGF looks to be a little wider, from the photos and videos I've seen, which may or may not make a difference to you. (For us, we like having that space to take off shoes, keep park bags, and until recently, stick the stroller (which isn't an issue for OP)).

We have been very happy with VGF, and appreciate the flexibility of 1BR and 2BR, and also soon the "resort studios" (though my kids prefer the feature pool which is super close to the villas). I *think* some resort studios will have castle views, if that matters to you. Though VGF1 can walk to main building and monorail under cover, which is also a huge plus.

I guess, all in all, I prefer VGF because you have lots of options if your preferences change later. :)

Hello everyone.
Looking for some opinions on a DVC purchase. I'm currently looking to acquire 200-225 points on the resale market and am having a hard time deciding on the Grand Floridian Villas or the Polynesian Villas. While we understand there are differences between the two, we've stayed at both and enjoy each resort for what they offer in terms of location and amenities. We're a family of 3 with a 13 year old daughter (who is LOVES Disney) and plan on reserving only studios as we don’t spend much time in our room. Which would you choose and why? I'm hoping to get some insight from everyone's opinions. Thank you
Which DVC resort did you choose to pursue?

I own at both.

I have around 400 PVB and 600 VGF. I think they are both very different

I love VGF as the flagship resort
What does a year of stays look like for you at these resort? Wondering what the almost 8k a year in maintenance buys in practice. I think that's the price per point average?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter