Poly Bellhops-Do we have to use them?

Originally posted by photobob
We too are about to visit a deluxe for the first time and will be driving. My SIL who is flying and has two rooms will be checking in the same day. Due to us being the one driving I'm hauling many, many twleve packs of colas and bottled water, coolers etc. so I'm definatley going to need a bellman. (I work as one in college, nobody likes the term bellhop, was once referred to as a "tote boy") Anyhoo I'm going to have a ton of stuff, enough snacks and drinks for two families for a week. Going to the Yacht Club, should I park and then let the bellman come out to the car, I think I'd be embarrassed for people to see all the crap I'm bringing in. I'll probably have enough twelve packs to make a pretty impressive display. Can he get all the stuff I've got on their cart?

At the Polynesian they use the golf carts to deliver guests due to the buildings being seperate from the main checkin area. Due to having these golf carts they will go into the parking lot if you ask them.

The Yacht Club is a hotel with everything in the one building, they will not go to the parking lot with you to get your luggage, you will need to pull up to the front of the resort under the porte corchere. They only have the regular carts on wheels like all hotels do. If it will not all fit on one cart, they will get another. Also the parking lot at the Yacht Club is much further from the front of the resort than the parking lot at the Polynesian and is seperated by a canal and bridge.

If you want to organize your things, stop in the lot, organize and then pull up to the front entrance.

Sammie, I just started to post and noticed that you had explained the Polynesian carts. One more great thing about the Polynesian!

If your room is not ready they will not usually tell you the room number. They will give you your keys and a number to call to check if it's ready. When it is ready they will tell you the number and you can go to it and call bell services if they have stored your luggage, go get it yourself, go to the bell service desk and ask for help, etc..

Kim,

Do yourself a favor and use the bellhops for check-in and check-out. BTW, most of the carts at the Poly are the smaller ones, only 3 guests can ride in the cart.

Also, don't let the valet park your car unless you plan on using valet service during your stay. There is a $6/day charge added to your room bill whether you use the car or not if it is parked by valet.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter