PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

I'm really exciting about going to Cozumel! We took a cruise in 2000 and took a taxi to Chankanaab and snorkeled (for my first time ever!). I can't wait to go there again!!!

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelShoreSnorkeling.htm

and we went shopping and DUHGreg surprised me by buying a diamond for an engagement ring!!! We had it made into a ring when we got home and got married the next year!

Cozumel holds a fond place in my heart:goodvibes

I'm really exciting about going to Cozumel! We took a cruise in 2000 and took a taxi to Chankanaab and snorkeled (for my first time ever!). I can't wait to go there again!!!

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelShoreSnorkeling.htm

and we went shopping and DUHGreg surprised me by buying a diamond for an engagement ring!!! We had it made into a ring when we got home and got married the next year!

Cozumel holds a fond place in my heart:goodvibes

I can understand why....how nice.

Personally, I consider the places we're visiting a bonus. I'd be more than happy if the ship just sailed to castaway cay, stayed there a week, then came back.

I've been to the Cayman Islands, Stingray City is really neat!!! and I've snorkeled in Cozumel - as a novice (I'm still a novice) much much (much) better than Castaway Cay - fabulous fish you can see from just stepping off the rocks - that being said - I'm looking forward to doing nothing except whatever the crew might plan for us on Castaway Cay! In all honesty, I was "on the fence" about wanting to do Podcast 4.0, until I saw the itinerary - then I got psyched!!! and it's a year and a half away:goodvibes

I want to try snorkeling, still. It was too cold for me to try it on CC last December. I am hoping December in the Western Caribbean will be warmer.

I have an idea that snorkeling on CC is cool more for the things that Disney put there, rather than for the fish. True?

My sister just got back from a week of scuba diving in Cozumel. Her photos look pretty cool! She wants to scuba Grand Cayman, but will snorkel with me someplace else.

I want to try snorkeling, still. It was too cold for me to try it on CC last December. I am hoping December in the Western Caribbean will be warmer.

I have an idea that snorkeling on CC is cool more for the things that Disney put there, rather than for the fish. True?

My sister just got back from a week of scuba diving in Cozumel. Her photos look pretty cool! She wants to scuba Grand Cayman, but will snorkel with me someplace else.

Snorkeling at CC is fun, but you are correct (my opinion) it is more about seeing the thing planted there by Disney than tropical fish. You do see schools of fish, but nothing like the open waters around Cozumel.

We have been on two 5-night double dip cruises where they have 2 stops at Castaway Cay, and except for wishing there was more variation in food at Cookie's BBQ, that island just never gets old!!! :beach:

I can't wait to see it again...would have been nice to have the double dip, but I can't pass up the Mexican ports.

We have been on two 5-night double dip cruises where they have 2 stops at Castaway Cay, and except for wishing there was more variation in food at Cookie's BBQ, that island just never gets old!!! :beach:

You must have been on Castaway on a warm day.

In December, I went for a bike ride, ate lunch, walked a bit and bored, went back to the ship.

Yes and no. We went this past Aug., and it was great then. The first day, I did the 5K, we swam, DH snorkled, it was a good time. The second day there, even better. Now, this past January, it was different. The first day we went was nippy (we are from Florida), and there was NO WAY we were nearing the water. DD played in the sand, we rested in hammocks, had a good time. THe second stop in Jan., there was a storm coming in, and it was windy, so we biked, went to Scuttle's Cove with DD, ate lunch, and still made the best of it. We knew it would be like that in Jan. -- we didn't expect to swim or anything. DD was 3, so we had to be back to the ship by 1:30pm each time anyways for naptime, so I am glad we got 2 stops there.

We have three 7-night cruises scheduled and I have a feeling it would be mighty difficult to go back to a shorter cruise after those!!! If the price was right, I'd probably do it again, though (we had FL res discount for last Aug).

In DH's (ssanders79) signature, we have our TRs that anyone is welcome to read :3dglasses

Since this will be just my wife and I minus the kid, I'm pretty sure we want to hit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Grand Cayman. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SLIDE! HAHAH.. and the bar and food doesn't hurt
DSCN4372.jpg

and then in Cozumel hitting the Margaritaville there for fun. Costa Maya, I have no clue! IN Cozumel, this past years trip we did Nachi Cocum. It was nice but I have some reservations about it now. The nice thing about that place if you are interested is there were 3 TR's and 2 of them have completed theirs with Nachi for those interested. Mine on the other hand is a little behind. lol. I should have it up by the end of the month or early May. For those interested, look up the Western Trip Reports that did Halloween Cruise.

Jonathan

In December, I went for a bike ride, ate lunch, walked a bit and bored, went back to the ship.

I feel that way about Castaway Cay - even on a warm day! A few hours of enjoying the hammock or beach chair plus lunch are plenty for me.

Since this will be just my wife and I minus the kid, I'm pretty sure we want to hit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Grand Cayman. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SLIDE! HAHAH..

I agree! Loved the slide at Margaritaville when we were there on the Halloween Cruise last Oct. We also taped a dollar bill to the bar area and are looking forward to see if it's still there the next time we go back.

In Cozumel, this past years trip we did Nachi Cocum. For those interested, look up the Western Trip Reports that did Halloween Cruise.

We too went to Nachi Cocum. It was DW & myself, as well as my parents. We really enjoyed it and practically everyone there was from the Disboards. We enjoyed the all-inclusive nature of the trip, that way all food and bar tabs were already taken care of. We might do it again, but not sure about the time frame...there are lots of other things to explore on Cozumel.

Since this will be just my wife and I minus the kid, I'm pretty sure we want to hit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Grand Cayman. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SLIDE! HAHAH.. and the bar and food doesn't hurt
DSCN4372.jpg

and then in Cozumel hitting the Margaritaville there for fun. Costa Maya, I have no clue! IN Cozumel, this past years trip we did Nachi Cocum. It was nice but I have some reservations about it now. The nice thing about that place if you are interested is there were 3 TR's and 2 of them have completed theirs with Nachi for those interested. Mine on the other hand is a little behind. lol. I should have it up by the end of the month or early May. For those interested, look up the Western Trip Reports that did Halloween Cruise.

Jonathan

Didn't know about the slide. Also - just finished reading the partial trip report on your Halloween cruise - loving it and can't wait for more.

Didn't know about the slide. Also - just finished reading the partial trip report on your Halloween cruise - loving it and can't wait for more.

Thanks! I try and update it every late Wednesday/Thursday morning. I was a great experience and I will never forget the fun that we had. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter