Please help Me Think Through This

BEST......ADVICE.....EVER!!!!!

I have been watching for the last 3 days and the wait times in MK are ridiculous! Random times of the day, 90 mins for peter pan, 70 minutes for pirates, 40 minutes for barnstormer.

Wish I would have done during January as well. But....I read that the crowds were unusually high.

We were there third week of January, our 5th time in the last 6 years. It was more crowded than I have ever seen it. My DS (who is disabled and lives for Disney) didn't even want to go back to MK after the first day due to the crowds.

The lowest crowd levels we have seen on any of our trips has been the last week in August/first week in September. I know that wasn't on your list but, other than the actual Labor Day holiday, it was very manageable (albeit HOT). Our honeymoon was the end of February/beginning of March and it was moderate. The first few weeks of November are alright (we avoid F&WF/Epcot).

BEST......ADVICE.....EVER!!!!!

I have been watching for the last 3 days and the wait times in MK are ridiculous! Random times of the day, 90 mins for peter pan, 70 minutes for pirates, 40 minutes for barnstormer.

Wish I would have done during January as well. But....I read that the crowds were unusually high.
Remember that the wait times in MDE are the posted times, though, which are often longer than you'll actually wait. I've been checking the last few days as our trip approaches, too, and today I remembered to pull up TP's Lines app as well to compare...while some were close, a LOT had "actual" reported times in TP that were much shorter than the posted times in MDE.

Hopefully it's not really as bad as MDE is making it look right now.

I might also suggest to you early September. It is hotter and more humid than the other months you asked about, but if crowds are your focus, you could consider it.

I might also suggest to you early September. It is hotter and more humid than the other months you asked about, but if crowds are your focus, you could consider it.

I agree. I know that it is hot and humid, but if the crowds are the issue, I would seriously consider late August/early September. Crowds are relative IMO, but this is the one timeframe that I have not felt a bit blindsided.

I like December, but I am afraid with the new lands on the horizon, that ship sailed.

I think February is the worst of your choices for reasons stated by other posters, but also because January and February are typically when certain rides are closed for refurbishment. The last time I went in February was the last time I'm going then, because for 3 consecutive years Kali, one of our favorite rides, was in refurb when we were there. Yes, it's impossible to know ahead of time what ride may be closed or broken or in refurb, but if you're not going to WDW a couple of times a year, for example, you'd probably want the best chance of as many rides as possible being available. May and November--assuming you're going to avoid holiday weeks--are both better choices.

Thanks for all of the helpful feedback. So now we are vacillating between May and November.

I think September might offer lower crowds, but be hotter than any of us care for. We were there in Oct 2017 and it was just too much some days, especially the humidity mixed with the heat.

Thanks for all of the helpful feedback. So now we are vacillating between May and November.

I think September might offer lower crowds, but be hotter than any of us care for. We were there in Oct 2017 and it was just too much some days, especially the humidity mixed with the heat.

It is hot, as is October. If you choose November, the weather is lovely, I believe. I think the crowds thin out after thanksgiving, at least they have done so when I have traveled during that time frame, however with the changes coming I think that in regards to planning around crowd levels, all bets are off. I have not been in May so I cannto offer any feedback for that Month.

It is hot, as is October. If you choose November, the weather is lovely, I believe. I think the crowds thin out after thanksgiving, at least they have done so when I have traveled during that time frame, however with the changes coming I think that in regards to planning around crowd levels, all bets are off. I have not been in May so I cannto offer any feedback for that Month.

We were also there right after Thanksgiving 2017, first week of December and the crowds were NUTS. Early December is not what it once was, for sure.

We were also there right after Thanksgiving 2017, first week of December and the crowds were NUTS. Early December is not what it once was, for sure.

That was the week we went in 2012, and it was relatively calm after the Sunday following Thanksgiving. I find the second two weeks in December the best, however I am not counting on low crowds this December. Disney has done a good job of spreading crowds out throughout the year, so the days of empty pathways and walk on attractions are few and far between.

We are here now. It is definitely not quiet! AK was absolutely packed yesterday, I have never seen crowds like it on previous trips. It is also very hot as well, although I know that is not something you can rely on having been in early march before and had some very cold weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter