Please confirm or correct me

sbarisch

DVC Owner & All-Around Disney Fan
We are WDW pros who haven't yet been to Universal - at last in the last couple of decades. Anyway, we're heading down in June for several days at WDW and two days at Universal.

I've purchased annual passes - the 15 mo ones - and booked one night at Hard Rock. As I understand it, we will need to go to both Hard Rock, for Express Passes, and CityWalk, for our tickets because the hotels can't do the 15 mo passes, before we go to the park.

Is this correct? And is it better to go to the hotel first?

Thank you!!

Go to the hotel first and get checked in. Check at the ticket office if they can do your APs. Generally, the only APs they can't do are Florida Resident ones.

You wouldn't have to go to Citywalk anyways even if the hotel couldn't do them. Just go to Guest Services or any ticket booth at the park entrance.

The hotel should be able to do the AP, but only if you arrive when someone is manning the ticket desk. I posted on another thread, but our flight was delayed last weekend, so we arrived at 6:30 to learn that desk at the hotel closed at 6pm, so had to go to Citywalk or a park to get out APs that evening.

I have read conflicting things about hotels being able to do APs that are on flex pay. They can definitely do paid in full APs, but possibly not ones on a monthly plan. You might want to call the hotel for clarification. At any rate, you need to go check into the hotel to get your room key, which will function as your Express Pass.You can go early in the morning before park opening and have luggage services store your bags, and the hotel will text you when the room is ready.

Thank you all! I wasn't certain if the hotel could do the 15 mo pass, since other posters had reported issues.

Go to your hotel first to check-in and get your room key/fast pass. Then go to the park and get your annual pass set up. It stinks, but we had problems with doing it at the hotel concierge desk - they couldn't give us the extra 3 months and didn't even tell us! For a normal 12 month pass you can just do it at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter