PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

Claire - love your updates the cruise looks wonderful. I have been on some cuises but not a Disney cruise.

Judi

Thanks.

Loving your updates! Looks like you had such a great honeymoon!

It was good except the weather.

I made DH go through your cruise TR, and now he is convinced that we need to go on a disney cruise! All thanks to you Claire :goodvibes

And he hadn't even seen the best bit yet - crab racing!

I just saw the crab race, so cute! We ended up deciding we are going to save for the Mediterranean Cruise, but if we somehow can swing a Caribbean one @ Christmas, we will do that too!

Trust me I know. I wore my Uggs the ENTIRE time on my honeymoon along with my winter coat and scarf. I still can't get over how cold it was not only in Florida but even in the bahamas that week. I think Disney owes us a new honeymoon week!:lmao:

That crab race was a very cute idea. Congrats on winning! :)

sorry it was so cold on your beach day but it looks like you had a fun time. I didn't even know you could race crabs, lol, congrats on winning!

The crab races were super cute :snail: (okay not a crab, but the closest smilie!) That's too bad that it was so cold that day. We loved Castaway Cay and our favorite thing was snorkeling which was obviously not something you could do with it being so cold. I couldn't believe it when you said they were giving out hot chocolate; it is amazing how cold it was this year. Thanks for the food pictures which look so yummy even if you don't know if they went to that restaurant or not ;) Did you ever get your cardigan back?

Your pictures look to beautiful for it to be that cold out! But it looks like you were enjoying your trip despite the weather. Love the crab races, I have never seen anything like that, and the fact that your crab won makes it even better!

I just saw the crab race, so cute! We ended up deciding we are going to save for the Mediterranean Cruise, but if we somehow can swing a Caribbean one @ Christmas, we will do that too!

They had an offer on in the UK for a couple of Mediterranean Cruises, nearly 50% off but sadly could not take them up pn the offer.

Trust me I know. I wore my Uggs the ENTIRE time on my honeymoon along with my winter coat and scarf. I still can't get over how cold it was not only in Florida but even in the bahamas that week. I think Disney owes us a new honeymoon week!:lmao:

That crab race was a very cute idea. Congrats on winning! :)

I would def like to go back to Castaway Cay when its hot!

sorry it was so cold on your beach day but it looks like you had a fun time. I didn't even know you could race crabs, lol, congrats on winning!

You can race anything!

The crab races were super cute :snail: (okay not a crab, but the closest smilie!) That's too bad that it was so cold that day. We loved Castaway Cay and our favorite thing was snorkeling which was obviously not something you could do with it being so cold. I couldn't believe it when you said they were giving out hot chocolate; it is amazing how cold it was this year. Thanks for the food pictures which look so yummy even if you don't know if they went to that restaurant or not ;) Did you ever get your cardigan back?

I only realised on our last night in Florida that I didn't have my cardigan so no never got it back, I'd gotten it on my previous WDW trip as well.

Surely being a disney cruise there must have been a crab named sabastian?? :lmao:

Nope!

Your pictures look to beautiful for it to be that cold out! But it looks like you were enjoying your trip despite the weather. Love the crab races, I have never seen anything like that, and the fact that your crab won makes it even better!

We did make the most of it.

The colour of the water is just beautiful!

More, more - I'm catching you up!! :lmao:

Thursday 7th January 2010

From now on my TR is going to get a lot shorter as I took no notes and not very many photos sorry.

Today was the end of our cruise, we were both very sad to be leaving the cruise and hope to do another one, but I don't think that'll be for a good while as I've promised DH some holidays that do not involve Orlando.

We headed to breakfast where we ordered a variety of items, including a donut, our server came back to say there were no donuts left, he could see my dissapointment and so went off to search other restaurants for one! Sadly he did not find one.

We left the ship and had no problems getting our luggage and finding the DCL bus to take us to our new home, AKL. Of course AKL was the last stop but we didn't mind as if gave us a chance to see some resorts we'd not seen before.

We headed to check-in and the CM looked at our reservation and said "so you'll be with for 7 nights", er no 9 nights! Luckily I had our confirmation with us and in easy reach so she said she would sort it but it would take a little time, therefore she would give us door keys just for today and we were to come back later to get our real ones.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon579.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon580.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon581.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon582.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon578.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon594.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon599.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon604.jpg

After unpacking we checked out the resort and got some lunch then returned to reception to get out new key. We got the same CM and she checked her PC and it said we had been moved to another room, noooooo! I told her i'd unpacked and didn't want to move rooms, short pause, unless of course its a better room, it wasn't though and she was able to move us back to the room we were in.

WDWWeddingHoneymoon601.jpg

WDWWeddingHoneymoon600.jpg

After a little bit we headed over to DTD on the bus, this was the first time we'd used the Disney buses, where we explored all the shops and I took note of things I wanted to buy. We decided to try Raglan Rd to eat but they couldn't seat us for a while and I was getting hungry so we went to Cooke's of Dublin instead, Mike got fish & chips and I got battered sausage & chips, and OMG there was 12 sausages in the portion and they were very yummy, I had to leave 2 though, mainly coz DH told me to, otherwise i'd have probably eaten the lot. We headed back to AKL on the bus, we will probably make more use of the buses in future.

Yay, your continuing your TR again! It pains me to see pics of AKL, I miss it so much! I actually got so emotional when I left there! Did you enjoy it?

Yay, your continuing your TR again! It pains me to see pics of AKL, I miss it so much! I actually got so emotional when I left there! Did you enjoy it?

I preferred the Poly to AKL to be honest, I don't think i'd stay at AKL again, I found it to be too far away from everything, and although I liked seeing the animals, the beach, fireworks, and monorail made the Poly the clear winner.

Love your AKL pics. That's good that you didn't have to change rooms, I'd hate that too :headache:

I know what you mean about AKL. We heard and read a lot of people complaining about the buses, but because we have been students for so long (and use our bus passes to get to the university) we are used to being on buses all the time!

I have to tell you, I keep going back and re-reading your cruise section. DH and I did again last night, and it really makes us want to add a 3 night cruise to our next trip (in December). I'm so glad you posted it in your TR, or I wouldn't have ever thought to go :goodvibes

Love your AKL pics. That's good that you didn't have to change rooms, I'd hate that too :headache:

I HATE packing so would have hated to move rooms.

I know what you mean about AKL. We heard and read a lot of people complaining about the buses, but because we have been students for so long (and use our bus passes to get to the university) we are used to being on buses all the time!

I have to tell you, I keep going back and re-reading your cruise section. DH and I did again last night, and it really makes us want to add a 3 night cruise to our next trip (in December). I'm so glad you posted it in your TR, or I wouldn't have ever thought to go :goodvibes

I so want to add a cruise to our Sept/Oct trip but we don't have the money :sad2:

I so want to add a cruise to our Sept/Oct trip but we don't have the money :sad2:

I'm not sure that is a good time to go anyway. My BIL lived in the Bahamas last year and I remember most of September he was on hurricane watch!

That is awesome you are going back so soon! And a road trip to Disneyland? Where are you starting from?

Gotta make use of those APs!

We are going to Vegas for a wedding, then Yosemite, San Fran, along the coast and ending in Disneyland. Only the flights are booked so far.

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! DH and I want to do a road trip someday from Vancouver to LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter