Pixar Place Superthread

Has anyone been to sketch pad yet that can tell us how it was? My number one complaint the last time we stayed at Paradise Pier in '21 was having no quick option for coffee in the morning there.

Has anyone been to sketch pad yet that can tell us how it was? My number one complaint the last time we stayed at Paradise Pier in '21 was having no quick option for coffee in the morning there.
I've been there, but haven't ordered anything. Are you wondering about what they offer, the costs or how things taste?

I've been there, but haven't ordered anything. Are you wondering about what they offer, the costs or how things taste?
Speed and taste..! I was glad to see matcha latte on the menu online... I doubt such a specific question can be answered this soon after opening, but if anyone happens to know if its pre-sweetened that would be amazing. :) Most places use way too much sweetener for me when they do it that way. Starbucks' is REALLY sweet but its just the way the mix is! No way to customize that.

Speed and taste..! I was glad to see matcha latte on the menu online... I doubt such a specific question can be answered this soon after opening, but if anyone happens to know if its pre-sweetened that would be amazing. :) Most places use way too much sweetener for me when they do it that way. Starbucks' is REALLY sweet but its just the way the mix is! No way to customize that.
When are you planning on going? I'll be at the parks this weekend and next weekend. This weekend it should be raining so I doubt I'll go to Pixar Place. I can probably check it out next weekend.

When are you planning on going? I'll be at the parks this weekend and next weekend. This weekend it should be raining so I doubt I'll go to Pixar Place. I can probably check it out next weekend.
Not until D23, so no rush at all..! Thanks for any tips you can provide!

What’s the general consensus on great maple? Will be at VDH soon and we’re contemplating taking in a meal there.

Now that the hotel has been open for a little, anyone have some specific time(s) they saw Joe play? We tried to stop in the other night, but it was a quick pop in before we had to run to our hotel to head to the airport so we really didn’t have time to inquire with the CMs if he was around or would be back any time soon.

Is The View sponsoring a Pixar Place promotional sweepstakes this week? Because when my mom was seeing today's episode of The View Mr. And Mrs. Incredible appeared to be promoting Pixar Place and I was wondering what The View was promoting with Pixar Place. By the way I did see Youtube videos of Joe Gardner playing piano in Pixar Place and he is so amazing and he's got talent and he could easily win America's Got Talent easily

Now that the hotel has been open for a little, anyone have some specific time(s) they saw Joe play? We tried to stop in the other night, but it was a quick pop in before we had to run to our hotel to head to the airport so we really didn’t have time to inquire with the CMs if he was around or would be back any time soon.
I was there around 3:30pm and Joe was playing. Not sure of a specific schedule. We just happened to walk in when he was playing.

I have Club Level booked at PP in early August, I am excited to see it after these renovations. I don't think the Club re-opened yet.
Following this! When I was first looking for June it was available for booking but not any more. It’s now showing late summer for club amenities

We actually are staying in a 1 bedroom but even the reviews/videos of those have been showing 2 showers. Oh well, we’re only staying 4 nights so it will just be 4 bedtimes with screaming. Lol
Not sure if you have had your trip yet but I had an idea how you might be able to solve your problem. If you buy a cheap inflatable kiddies wading pool you could blow that up inside the shower stall and fill that up. It wouldn't be a deep bath as such but it could save a lot of tears. Mum of two autistic kids here so always trying to think outside the box when it comes to making holiday stays easier.

Originally booked back in December '23 for a Paradise Pier Premium View Club Level room with roll-in shower for April '24 trip. In January when the change to Pixar Place occurred, got a phone call that club level would not be ready and offered a premium view, roll-in shower room at a nice price reduction.

Today, with the trip just 9 days away, got another phone call. This time to tell me that a roll-in shower room was not available but that they could do a mobility tub room. That is not acceptable to me, there is a vast difference between those two things. Eventually, they offered to transfer the reservation to a premium view Disneyland Hotel roll-in shower room for the same price.

I took it but am not happy - went from a newly refurbished room to a room that has seen a lot of wear and tear. Also the Disneyland Hotel's main pool has its two water slides closed for refurbishment until April 30. while Pixar Place was all just redone.

Not sure if you have had your trip yet but I had an idea how you might be able to solve your problem. If you buy a cheap inflatable kiddies wading pool you could blow that up inside the shower stall and fill that up. It wouldn't be a deep bath as such but it could save a lot of tears. Mum of two autistic kids here so always trying to think outside the box when it comes to making holiday stays easier.
Thank you! We did that when she was little. I'll have to think if it's worth it or if I'm going to be a mean mom and make her suffer. We are flying so we would have to have it delivered.

Thank you! We did that when she was little. I'll have to think if it's worth it or if I'm going to be a mean mom and make her suffer. We are flying so we would have to have it delivered.
Perhaps give the actual hotel a call direct, both now and a couple of days before you arrive and explain the situation to them. They may be able to sprinkle some pixie dust for you and upgrade you or they may have a solution. Never hurts to ask, particularly at Disney, in my experience they do try to help when and if they can.

Originally booked back in December '23 for a Paradise Pier Premium View Club Level room with roll-in shower for April '24 trip. In January when the change to Pixar Place occurred, got a phone call that club level would not be ready and offered a premium view, roll-in shower room at a nice price reduction.

Today, with the trip just 9 days away, got another phone call. This time to tell me that a roll-in shower room was not available but that they could do a mobility tub room. That is not acceptable to me, there is a vast difference between those two things. Eventually, they offered to transfer the reservation to a premium view Disneyland Hotel roll-in shower room for the same price.

I took it but am not happy - went from a newly refurbished room to a room that has seen a lot of wear and tear. Also the Disneyland Hotel's main pool has its two water slides closed for refurbishment until April 30. while Pixar Place was all just redone.
I think they need to do a little better than that, like make it a premium view club level room at DLH or GCH. Just a little over a week away from your trip is the time they need to kick it in gear.

Edited to add that I'd try for GCH. You'd be a lot closer to the parks than DLH and since there are obviously mobility issues, that would make sense.

I think they need to do a little better than that, like make it a premium view club level room at DLH or GCH. Just a little over a week away from your trip is the time they need to kick it in gear.

Edited to add that I'd try for GCH. You'd be a lot closer to the parks than DLH and since there are obviously mobility issues, that would make sense.
You are correct, I am a full time power wheelchair user.

A premium view room at Pixar Place guarantees that you are looking out over the California Adventure park and you can see the evening World of Color show from your window.

However, I just found out a premium view room at the Disneyland Hotel only means you won't be looking at garbage cans or parking lots. You there is also a deluxe view, pool view or downtown Disney view which are all separate room categories there.

I may have to call them back and see if they will do better.

I agree with DizMe, they need to do better than that. Nine days for such a drastic change is not acceptable. I would also nicely push for GCH, as you are losing the more direct Pixar Place to DCA entrance being at DLH (sure, it's still close, but not the same).

ETA: I agree with your other concerns too...DLH hasn't been updated in quite some time and slides are down. GCH is a newer refresh and won't have slides down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter