Pixar Place Superthread

That looks so nice! Was there any noise from the pool area?
I do not remember any noise from the pool area. But to be fair, in 2010 I had 2 kids under the age of 3 and was a sleep deprived mess. Lol. This was a trip with our teenage niece and no toddlers, so I am assuming I slept like a rock and nothing woke me up! Haha.

We did not pay for this room type, we got upgraded to it. And I thought of something else, I believe the pool is the 3rd floor, which is perfect if you need to take the stairs. I have heard the elevators are still very slow at the Pixar place hotel. Which is a major bummer.

I've been watching reviews and have only noticed showers as well. I know the one bedrooms have baths, but those are pricey.

Hopefully we will start getting more reviews in and someone can answer your question. Fingers crossed a bathroom room exists!
We actually are staying in a 1 bedroom but even the reviews/videos of those have been showing 2 showers. Oh well, we’re only staying 4 nights so it will just be 4 bedtimes with screaming. Lol

I cannot help with the renovated rooms! (Really wanted to stay here in a couple weeks but it was over budget by a lot!). But, I do have photos from the pool terrace room we had in 2010. The last photo, from inside the room, you can see the stairs you have to take to get up to the pool and slide area. So it was pretty private, no one really walks by unless they have a pool terrace room. (But you can look down into the terrace part- I have a photo of that too). Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this! We are staying pool terrace club level in August and I was so curious! My kids are excited about the pool so we booked it somewhat blindly, lol.

Thank you so much for this! We are staying pool terrace club level in August and I was so curious! My kids are excited about the pool so we booked it somewhat blindly, lol.
So happy the photos helped!! If we are able to go there in a couple weeks, I’ll post updated photos too. (Not staying, just checking out the new pool deck, etc).

A couple of recent reviews are mentioning noise given all the connecting rooms. When I stayed solo in November, I could hear a lot but the family in the connecting room had kids - so tv was turned off reasonable time and we both got up at same time.

A friend is meeting me there this trip, am just wondering about noise. I can get a standard room at DLH for $38 more a night (including taxes), just under $160 total for our 4 night stay. In the times I have stayed at DLH, didn’t really hear neighbors. I’m thrifty normally so was good with Pixar Place but now questioning if DLH would be the better choice?

A couple of recent reviews are mentioning noise given all the connecting rooms. When I stayed solo in November, I could hear a lot but the family in the connecting room had kids - so tv was turned off reasonable time and we both got up at same time.

A friend is meeting me there this trip, am just wondering about noise. I can get a standard room at DLH for $38 more a night (including taxes), just under $160 total for our 4 night stay. In the times I have stayed at DLH, didn’t really hear neighbors. I’m thrifty normally so was good with Pixar Place but now questioning if DLH would be the better choice?
I think that can happen anywhere around Disneyland. We have heard our neighbors at the DLH through a connecting door. They had toddlers that cried a lot. But they went to bed early. And it didn’t really bother us much. But for only $40 more a night…I might switch to the DLH anyway! We love it there. lol.

Ok, I checked out the lobby and pool area today. A thunder shower came through and the pool deck was empty. I mainly only took a photo of the pool deck rooms so people could see what they look like now. The pool area looks fantastic. Tons of seating. Also saw bing bong in the lobby and of course luxo! Oh and we were there in the afternoon and the sketch pad cafe was open and busy! I just checked the app and it’s open until 5pm now.

Attachments

• 00EF62C0-ECE3-409D-B388-9066254391D8.jpeg
    00EF62C0-ECE3-409D-B388-9066254391D8.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 13E06849-6496-4C3B-BF50-4D9B32CA5CE5.jpeg
    13E06849-6496-4C3B-BF50-4D9B32CA5CE5.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 4FB97C6F-140F-48C1-8F83-44792CA4232A.jpeg
    4FB97C6F-140F-48C1-8F83-44792CA4232A.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 43

Ok, I checked out the lobby and pool area today. A thunder shower came through and the pool deck was empty. I mainly only took a photo of the pool deck rooms so people could see what they look like now. The pool area looks fantastic. Tons of seating. Also saw bing bong in the lobby and of course luxo! Oh and we were there in the afternoon and the sketch pad cafe was open and busy! I just checked the app and it’s open until 5pm now.
Thanks for the pictures! It really looks great!!

That looks so nice! My DD loves so many Pixar movies I think we're going to have to stay there sometime.

For only $160 I would probably stay at DLH. Whenever we've stayed there I never heard a sound from anyone else. It was so quiet. But maybe it depends on if you have a connecting door. You could call and request having a room without a connecting door.

Thanks for sharing! It looks so nice!

Was there a long line to meet Bing Bong? I love that they have him there! Hopefully it's long term.

Stopped by to have an early dinner at Great Maple. Unfortunately they are closed from 2 pm - 5 pm.

1711029421185.png

They directed us to the cafe which had a few pre-packaged items.

1711029051734.png

1711029170348.png

We ended up walking back across the street and ate at the Grand Californian.

WOW! That's weird. Maybe they're short staffed at the moment? I mean, to me that's in both the late lunch and early dinner zone!
I think it is supply and demand. Most people are in the parks around that time. However, based on what I've read on this forum, many families go back to their room mid afternoon. I shared because it is a trek to Pixar Place and people should know that food offerings may be limited.

Last edited:
I think it is supply and demand. Most people are in the parks around that time. However, based on what I've read on this forum, many families go back to their room mid afternoon. I shared because it is a trek to Pixar Place and people should know that food offerings may be limited.

Great Maple is doing the room service for Pixar Place. I wonder if that is being offered yet? We have a toddler and I like putting him down for his nap at 2 and quietly ordering a cocktail and snack from room service that I can eat while he is napping. I would be so disappointed if room service was closed from 2-5pm.

Headed back to Great Maple today. We arrived around noon and it was maybe 25% full. We didn't have a reservation so they had us wait while they checked to see if they had any available seats for walk ins. There were tons of seats/tables available, so I wonder if, as DizMe mentioned, they are short staffed.

We shared the Cajun Shrimp Biscuit Benedict and the Chilaquiles.

1711320598287.png 1711320785719.png

After brunch, we crossed the street to re-enter DCA. Just past this sign, there is a gate for Pixar Place entrance to the park. You can see the gate to GCH on the far left of this picture. The DCA entrance is just before that gate.

1711320967758.png

1711321182686.png

1711321648261.png

Headed back to Great Maple today. We arrived around noon and it was maybe 25% full. We didn't have a reservation so they had us wait while they checked to see if they had any available seats for walk ins. There were tons of seats/tables available, so I wonder if, as DizMe mentioned, they are short staffed.

We shared the Cajun Shrimp Biscuit Benedict and the Chilaquiles.

View attachment 844751 View attachment 844752

After brunch, we crossed the street to re-enter DCA. Just past this sign, there is a gate for Pixar Place entrance to the park. You can see the gate to GCH on the far left of this picture. The DCA entrance is just before that gate.

View attachment 844754

View attachment 844755

View attachment 844757
Have you had chilaquiles at storytellers? If so, how do these compare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter