Pirates Event-Costumes or not??

Yes it is. Kathie-where did you get your costume?

Here and there. :lmao: I made it myself. Not literally sewed it, just put it together with clothes I found at various stores over the course of time. I wore it to the Pirate Event in NYC last July and at the Pirate Party on the DCL in October. I've updated it a bit and am working on a second costume.

If you look at the Pirate costumes being sold, anyone can come up with something to wear and not spend a ton of money. A stripped t-shirt or a Pirates of the Caribbean t-shirt and old jeans ripped off below the knee would work. Add a pair of sandals, an eye patch and a bandana.....good to go.

Check out the clearance racks at Walmart, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Target and Kohl's. Think "wench" or "Pirate" and see what you find. Another good place is thrift shops. The SA near me had yarn shawls for $2.00. Great for an overskirt. Find one of those tier skirts on sale and go from there. Everyone is selling those corset (lace up front) shirts.......right in style!! :thumbsup2

If you want to wear pants...buy those PJ capri's at Target. They have stripped ones and they're inexpensive. Kohl's had Pirate socks on clearance, get ones to match the pants and tuck the end of the pants into the socks.
Or add a pair of ankle boots. There are thousands of possibilities.

:rotfl: :rotfl: (I'm picturing grandpa in an eye patch!):rotfl: :rotfl:

He would fit right in and probably have a ball. They sell black eyepatches at Walmart in the health and beauty section and they're not expensive, maybe under $5.00.

I'm really looking forward to going and seeing everyone.

Here and there. :lmao: I made it myself. Not literally sewed it, just put it together with clothes I found at various stores over the course of time. I wore it to the Pirate Event in NYC last July and at the Pirate Party on the DCL in October. I've updated it a bit and am working on a second costume.

If you look at the Pirate costumes being sold, anyone can come up with something to wear and not spend a ton of money. A stripped t-shirt or a Pirates of the Caribbean t-shirt and old jeans ripped off below the knee would work. Add a pair of sandals, an eye patch and a bandana.....good to go.

Check out the clearance racks at Walmart, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Target and Kohl's. Think "wench" or "Pirate" and see what you find. Another good place is thrift shops. The SA near me had yarn shawls for $2.00. Great for an overskirt. Find one of those tier skirts on sale and go from there. Everyone is selling those corset (lace up front) shirts.......right in style!! :thumbsup2

If you want to wear pants...buy those PJ capri's at Target. They have stripped ones and they're inexpensive. Kohl's had Pirate socks on clearance, get ones to match the pants and tuck the end of the pants into the socks.
Or add a pair of ankle boots. There are thousands of possibilities.

He would fit right in and probably have a ball. They sell black eyepatches at Walmart in the health and beauty section and they're not expensive, maybe under $5.00.
I'm really looking forward to going and seeing everyone.
I have the perfect plan. Secretly buy an eyepatch for my grandpa, hopefully some huge hoop earrings for grandma and a neat bandanna maybe one for each,all depends on how my stash runs,looking at the pics for LE POTC3 pins and event ones,I'll be bankrupt and I don't even have a bank account yet. Wrap them up,tell my grandparents I have a special surprise for taking me to Florida at such a neat time for such a neat thing. Wait until the day of and......shazam!Instant pirates!!!!! Gram will be up for it,she's a great sport. Gramps,he'll be alittle tougher......actually alot tougher. Until he falls asleep in the movie theater.....lol!

Mine is very much like Foigment2 since I copied off of her costume. I found bits and pieces at a lot of different places.

I ended up ordering one-I am not handy and have no time-but I am getting excited. DD is bursting at the seams that I am going to dress up with her. I keep telling her it is not for 2 more months but she keeps asking me about the costumes. it is going to be really fun. Hope I dont feel ridiculous-OH well!

Stacy - there will be people who will stare but stay in character. Flitter (Mary), another friend and I dress up as the three fairies for MNSSHP and it's a hoot when we stay in character.

Cyn

You won't feel ridiculous! You'll be fine and you'll be in good company!:thumbsup2

pirate:

Great! I will post some details of my costume when I get it so you guys will know who i am!

An update to the disneygallery website shows that in addition to Jim Byrkit (Storyboard Artist), Disney Legends Alice Davis and Harriett Burns will be there for the WDCC Seminar.:cool1: :cool1:

Also Pin Trading Night at the Contemporary was just announced to be May 25 from 6-9pm!! Hopefully a lot of people who are coming into town for the event, or even for the holiday weekend, will come out to trade!!

Suzi

An update to the disneygallery website shows that in addition to Jim Byrkit (Storyboard Artist), Disney Legends Alice Davis and Harriett Burns will be there for the WDCC Seminar.:cool1: :cool1:

Also Pin Trading Night at the Contemporary was just announced to be May 25 from 6-9pm!! Hopefully a lot of people who are coming into town for the event, or even for the holiday weekend, will come out to trade!!

Suzi
I've never been to a pin trading night....how are they?

Parkhopper-I noticed this yesterday!!! Very excited about that!!:woohoo:

Hi Kathie,

I wondered if you were going to the event. I'll be there too. I'm working on trying to put together a couple of costumes myself.

Karyn

I've never been to a pin trading night....how are they?

I wish I could tell you. WDW used to have pin trading on Thursday nights at the All Star Food Court and on Fridays at the Contemporary Resort in the area between the shops. All pin trading nights were discontinued a bit ago and they just recently started doing one PTN per month at one of the ballrooms at the Contemporary. We have not been able to make any of the new PTN at the new location.

Perhaps someone who has been lucky enough to go recently can answer this one.

Suzi

karrit2000 said:
Hi Kathie,

I wondered if you were going to the event. I'll be there too. I'm working on trying to put together a couple of costumes myself.

Karyn

Hi Karyn!!! :wave:

It's going to be a great event!! I'm still working on the costumes too. I'm getting there. :rolleyes1

See you there!!! pirate:

My friends may think I'm weird but what's a Pirate event without the costumes? My stuffed Stitch already has his. Of course if I don't get the new ones sewn I may have to revert to what I threw together for MNSSHP a couple of years ago complete with Pirate Mickey Ears.

Just got my seating request-who wants to sit with DD and me??
Anyone going without a group? I thought it would be fun for us DISers to sit together.
I can fill out the Seating Request if anyone wants to join us!

pirate:

I can hear the crickets :(
I will try and make a new post for this.

Has anyone ever gotten a first and second choice on a RSP selection? I didn't know where else to put this!!!

It depends on what you mean by 1st & 2nd choice. I generally don't try for the super low edition size items. I look at what I want to get and depending on the edition sizes I will put whatever has the lowest edition size as my #1 choice and so on. Like for theis event I want the Pirate Mickey statue which has an edition size of 150 so since I really want that item it is my first choice. Number 2 is the Pencil sketch since that has an edition size of 250. The pins that are edition sizes of 1000 or 1500 should be available to everyone on the first go round so they go torward the bottom of my list. Hope this helps. The second & third RSP rounds are for if you want more than one of a particular item.

It depends on what you mean by 1st & 2nd choice. I generally don't try for the super low edition size items. I look at what I want to get and depending on the edition sizes I will put whatever has the lowest edition size as my #1 choice and so on. Like for theis event I want the Pirate Mickey statue which has an edition size of 150 so since I really want that item it is my first choice. Number 2 is the Pencil sketch since that has an edition size of 250. The pins that are edition sizes of 1000 or 1500 should be available to everyone on the first go round so they go torward the bottom of my list. Hope this helps. The second & third RSP rounds are for if you want more than one of a particular item.
I mean like 1st 2nd and 3rd Item preference, only one go around. I put a LE pin set of 500 on all three lists as 1st choice and a LE pin of 1000 as 2nd. The LE of 1000 is Jack Sparrow and I'd die if I didn't get it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter