Pin Trading in the disney stores

Thank you for posting Disney Store CMs, I didn't know these star pins were so limited.... I'll be in Southampton tomorrow so I think I'll need to go to the Disney Store at lunch time to do my donation! :santa:

I think it's a fantastic and magical way for Disney to give to charity.. I like that 25% of the xmas card sales and some of the crockery goes to Great Ormond St too :lovestruc

luv & pixie dust

Barbie princess: x

Thanks Barbie :-) It's nice to know the guests like the idea. :-) :hug:

Tinks1984 - yeah, I only got one for me but I lost my gran this year and she was all about Christmas and kids so I figured I'd use the money I would have spent on her to do one for both my nieces and my nephew in her name, then I did them for friends who collect pins too. :confused3

i did have one guest ask me "whats in it for me". i didnt really know what to say to him.....

T
Tinks1984 - yeah, I only got one for me but I lost my gran this year and she was all about Christmas and kids so I figured I'd use the money I would have spent on her to do one for both my nieces and my nephew in her name, then I did them for friends who collect pins too. :confused3

Oh please don't think I was thinking anything of you buying more than one :hug: It's such a generous thing to do and if I could have afforded more, then I probably would have purchased another too. Your Gran would be very proud of you for showing you care.

i did have one guest ask me "whats in it for me". i didnt really know what to say to him.....

And this, well, I wouldn't have known what to reply also? Some people just have no idea :sad2:

:scared1: What an awful attitude!

I was planning to buy mine this week but I may well send DBF on a mission to get one for me today, as he works in Manchester and I don't want to miss out!

I went into my local store today and they have sold out :sad1:

Mind you, they only had 72 in the first place, apparently :sad2: I know it's a small store, but 72??! :sad2:

we've got 670 so if you live near lakeside........ :)
and apparently it looks very much like its going to take us a LOT longer than the targeted 2 weeks :(

I don't take much persuading to make a visit to Lakeside, but unfortunately I'm not really that close! It would have had to be today if I was going to go :sad2:

I did mine today! In the Southampton store - looked like the had a dozen or so gift-tags already on the tree.. the CM explained the whole thing to me and was really enthusiastic about it, she was impressed I'd heard about the event online too! :goodvibes

I like that each store chooses a local charity :thumbsup2

I am tempted to buy some more as xmas gifts, as it comes with an envelope and card! :santa:
The wishing star pin is beautiful, which is just an added bonus :cutie:

Barbie princess: x

:sad1: I would love to do this but don't have a store near me. (Nearest is over an hour away & I'm not going until December) How long will they have them in stock? Is it just until they sell out?

DBF took part in this today (on my behalf) and he said the tree had loads of gift tags on, so that's good news. :goodvibes It's a really great cause and the lovely pin is a wonderful bonus.

:sad1: I would love to do this but don't have a store near me. (Nearest is over an hour away & I'm not going until December) How long will they have them in stock? Is it just until they sell out?

Pinky - yeah, it's only until they sell out. The different stores have different amounts of plushes to sell, I guess it depends on store size.

I have a local one near me (Trafford Centre), if you'd like, I could get you one and if you have Paypal just transfer the money across? If that's possible. I can then send on your wishing star to you at home? I'll more than likely be heading there this weekend to sort out my gift for the exchange, so I wouldn't be going out of my way if you'd like me to do this :)

I was gonna suggest the same. If anyone wants one and is struggling, message me and I'll try to sort it. I'm quite happy to get them for people and do paypal or cheque or something. And it's not out my way cause I'm working there at least 5 days a week. Let me know. :)

Pinky - yeah, it's only until they sell out. The different stores have different amounts of plushes to sell, I guess it depends on store size.

I have a local one near me (Trafford Centre), if you'd like, I could get you one and if you have Paypal just transfer the money across? If that's possible. I can then send on your wishing star to you at home? I'll more than likely be heading there this weekend to sort out my gift for the exchange, so I wouldn't be going out of my way if you'd like me to do this :)

I was gonna suggest the same. If anyone wants one and is struggling, message me and I'll try to sort it. I'm quite happy to get them for people and do paypal or cheque or something. And it's not out my way cause I'm working there at least 5 days a week. Let me know. :)

:worship: :worship: :worship: Thank you both so much that is so kind of you. :hug:

Rachel I will send you a pm. :)

WHOOOHOOOO!!! Sorry but I'm so proud of my team. We sold all of our stars! 240 for team chester :-) :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

we're still struggling i think, but i did see quite a few being sold today so wondering how far we've still got to go!

Stick a poster up in the cast room with a daily challenge on stars and how you're doing so far. If you tell cast how many they have left they get involved. SOme of our cast missed them. Only a couple but they were planning to do it tonight and we were sold out by 3pm LOL

we've got a tracker of roughly how many we've sold but i dont think its up to date, and they havent added them up, so we dont know exactly how many we've done!
we've got 670 to sell, i dread to think how many oxford street have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter