Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

None of these are my photos, but I was able to find some pictures on Google of things I really miss.

I loved Rock n Roll Beach Club at Pleasure Island!

Pleasure0399-01.jpg

I really miss The Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade.
aladdin.jpg
Muppetcarparade.jpg
images
100-0011_AUT.jpg
images
Baby+ALive+033.JPG

And Wonders of Life Pavilion was great!
images

While no more backlot tour, you can still see the ship after exiting lights motors action.

Thank you for posting this. When I saw the first picture I was bummed I've never seen it. Now I'm excited to hopefully see it when I go back!

Wow, so much nostalgia in this thread. I never got to see Miyuki make candy and I wish I could have done that.

LOL, I loved that monstrosity too, the castlecake!

Here are some pics from the fab Aladdin parade that was in MGM in 1995. Iago would squawk over the park's loudspeakers 5 minutes before it was due to start, then the Prince Ali music would start. And those camels spat at the crowd as they turned their heads. Possibly the same camels that are currently spitting in Adventureland, or maybe their ancestors? :genie:

Last edited:
This thread is awesome!!! I haven't seen a ton of these things but I have some and Im feeling very nostalgic right now. My daughter is getting ready to graduate soon and I remember like it was yesterday taking her to see some of these things when she was just a wee girl. Its amazing how vivid and emotional memories can be. No matter how much Disney takes away or changes its always going to hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you to everyone for posting these wonderful pictures! I noticed a "theme" in all of them: that is, the crowds were small and it looked like no one was pushing. The crowds look like a 1 or 2 day nowadays. Sigh....... I miss a lot of that too. I miss the backlot tour and being able to see the real imagineers working at their work tables drawing the next big picture in Disney. When we went, they were working on the drawings of the Lion King, not even hinted at yet! It was awesome. Now everything seems washed down to bare bones. I wish this entire thread could be sent to Disney management to see what is missing at WDW now! Again, thanks everyone and the OP:)

Disney Springs, aka Downtown Disney, aka Disney Village Marketplace started out as Lake Buena Vista Village. The lake was surrounded by Lakeside Villas, (studios, one bedroom and two bedroom villas). Also, along the fairway's of the LBV golf course were some very modern larger homes for daily rental. Finally, there were the Treehouse Villas in the woods. Those are still there. The photo is of a Lakeside Villa building. They were plowed under to make way for the Disney Institute, and later Saratoga Springs. The one in the picture is where Saratoga Springs sits now. As a family of 6, we were too big for a hotel room. So we stayed in these Lakeside Villas most if the time. Sometimes we got a Treehouse.

Sounds like a cool place. I would love to go back and see that area. I never got to go as a kid, so everything we know firsthand is 2010 or later. Just looking at all these photos, I'm sensing a cool vibe from the first couple WDW decades.

Being a family of 5, I know the feeling of not fitting in most resort rooms. Weird to think that we're considered a large family by today's standards.

It's also fun to see how some attractions look almost identical to decades past...

Dan

P.S. Dang, that cake castle is ugly. If that was our only trip to WDW, I can't imagine that thing in our family photos!

@disneyseniors , I saw them working on the Lion King there too and it gave me such a fondness for that movie, I remember feeling like I knew about it before everyone else!

Thank you to everyone for posting these wonderful pictures! I noticed a "theme" in all of them: that is, the crowds were small and it looked like no one was pushing. The crowds look like a 1 or 2 day nowadays. Sigh....... I miss a lot of that too. I miss the backlot tour and being able to see the real imagineers working at their work tables drawing the next big picture in Disney. When we went, they were working on the drawings of the Lion King, not even hinted at yet! It was awesome. Now everything seems washed down to bare bones. I wish this entire thread could be sent to Disney management to see what is missing at WDW now! Again, thanks everyone and the OP:)

I'm sorry to not contribute a photo to this thread, but I wanted to thank those that have. It brings back so many memories!

Oh, and I'm subscribing. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter