Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Disney14.jpg

If you want to see the rest of that old brochure:
http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/notime42/library/Old Disney World
Thanks. I have that brochure at home somewhere. I have a whole bunch of stuff from 1971-1981. Maybe I'll find some time to scan some of it.

More fine dining. (My dad loved to eat well). This time, it is the Empress Room on the Empress Lilly, where Fulton's now resides. Before Victoria and Albert's, this was the top of the top when it came to food and service:

empress_lilly_06_snyder.jpg

More fine dining. (Sensing a theme?) This time, it was the Top of the World where the California Grill now resides. It was a "mod" supper club with headline entertainment. (If acts from the Catskills and Las Vegas could be considered "headline". Jack Jones. Barbara Eden. Phyllis Diller. Steve and Edie. Folks like that.)

20mag-01.jpg

Found this pic too... The short-lived Discovery River Boats in Animal Kingdom - June 1999. Didn't go on them that trip and they were gone soon after!

Attachments

• AK_discovery_river_boats.jpg
    AK_discovery_river_boats.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 647
More fine dining. (Sensing a theme?) This time, it was the Top of the World where the California Grill now resides. It was a "mod" supper club with headline entertainment. (If acts from the Catskills and Las Vegas could be considered "headline". Jack Jones. Barbara Eden. Phyllis Diller. Steve and Edie. Folks like that.)

20mag-01.jpg
So..I know I'm dating myself here..but I now would give anything to have seen either of those "headliners".I grew up with them..

Great fun to read through! See how things have changed.

.. No 1-800 phone number
.. Do NOT bring food into the Magic Kingdom
.. Hand stamp for same day return
.. Ticket valid indefinitely at Magic Kingdom AND Disneyland
.. Artist's rendering of never built SSR monorail. Would go by Disney Springs (DTD) today.
.. Bottle warming available at Baby Center

Last edited:
The smell of that "invisible ink" was the aroma of my childhood. When you smelled that on the back of your hand, you knew you were having a good day. There was nothing else like it.

I remember that too. I also remember going back in the park and riding the dark rides and looking at our glow in the dark handstamps. There might have been some giggling with it.

I also have the sound of the manual doors of the monorail slamming as CM's walked down the line shutting them imprinted in my brain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter