Photos added - dad & daughter do Disney Dreams at Disneyland Hotel

Happy Days

Mouseketeer
31a3a56a.jpg

Well Mickey is saying that it is time to go so who am I to argue.

The title speaks for itself (me the dad taking DD). We have both been many times to Disneyland Paris and have managed to stay in every Disney hotel. Each time we see something new, perhaps a little detail that makes every trip a unique adventure.

The plan: travel today to Holiday Inn Folkestone. We will proceed in a southerly direction :drive: at a steady 56 mph :thumbsup2 (apart from the M6 toll :rolleyes1 ). I do have a full tank of diesel (OK - yes I have 'topped' up each day this week but never queued to do so :confused3 ) and could at a stretch get to Paris on 1 tank.

Tomorrow (April 1st) booked on Eurotunnel (DD doesn't 'do' 'wobbly boats') then travel my favourite route for 6 nights/ 7 days at 'our' pink palace :cool1:

I had originally planned to go to Dream Castle but due to 40% discount offer and having a 'dodgy' ankle making walking distances painful, it seemed rude not to avail ourselves of such a wonderful offer at the DLH. :banana:

Plans to date:
enjoy; rest; relax; eat. (Or any combination of the aforementioned aims.)

Meals booked so far:
Silver Spur; Walt's; Inventions; Blue Lagoon

Must do list (NOT 'bucket list')
Watch 'Dreams'; appreciate (ie sit, look, linger, enjoy) all new refurbs - see, easily pleased.

All this will be followed by a further week in a caravan at a nearby campsite, Berny-Rivière (La Croix du Vieux Pont) to relax...enjoy, rest, eat. Again we have stayed here many times (as have quite a few 'Disboarders' with it only being about 40 miles and 1 hour drive to DLP).

We return on Friday 13th and have a Premier Inn booked to break the journey. (I will have filled up with fuel in Calais).

I'm sure you'll be well en-route by now - hope you have a great time :goodvibes

The day started with my toast getting stuck, burning and nearly setting off the hotel's fire alarm. (Really - just a coincidence that it's April 1st!!!)
The shuttle crossing and drive to Disney was quick and uneventful. We stopped for breakfast as DD really does not do early breakfast.*
After playing spot the Disney ( and Bobigny - don't ask) we pulled into the Esso station to fill up ( thank's Dave - but no pasties) and then arrived at DLH at 1.30.*
Luggage unloaded, labelled and waved bye bye to car. Very nice CM at desk told us we were the 'Magic Family' and gave us VIP fast passes for the 7 days!!! Not only that but we were given coded keys that allowed us to use the Castle Club afternoon tea lounge every day as well !!!!!! To say that DD was overwhelmed was an understatement. Indeed I was also somewhat emotionally overcome. What a wonderful serendipitous happening.*
We had to wait for the room and so went into the park for a while where DD met Duffy sans queue. We had to have a Crocque *Monsieur at Cable Car + chocolate Mickey ears.*
At 3 we went to get the room key and were given a large park facing room in the East Wing. There were balloons, roses, water & 2 cameras!!
At 4 we went to the CC lounge for sandwiches ( with crusts cut off) smoked salmon for me and ham for DD followed by fruit and drinks.*
Fortified we hit the parks again.*
TBC

WOW!!!!!! What an amazing start to your holiday!!!! I think if it were me I would have sobbed uncontrollably!!!! Such a lot of pixie dust!!!

Day 1 continued...

First stop was City Hall to get my easy access pass (ankle injury means climbing steps and standing for long periods is painful ). It is worth pointing out that the system has changed since last summer and you now no longer have to get a time slot.*
Our first ride was Peter Pan (twice with VIP fast passes ) then POTC followed by BTM after exploring the pirate ship.*
It was time for tea - fajitas at Fuerto Del Oro. We then waddled to Phantom Manor then meandered to Autopia and Buzz. The day would not be complete without a trip on IASW.*
We then got a seat for the Dreams show. It was so good that we watched both showings. It was absolutely breathtaking and in my opinion is the best Disney 'finale' show ever - the combination of the lasers, lights, fireworks, fire, water and music produces the Opus Magnum that only Disney could orchestrate.*
( I will add photos when data allowance permits - hence 'magic apple'!!)

Yay, I love it when people get sprinkled with pixie dust!! :wizard: :wizard:

Hope you're having lots of fun. :)

We then got a seat for the Dreams show. It was so good that we watched both showings. It was absolutely breathtaking and in my opinion is the best Disney 'finale' show ever - the combination of the lasers, lights, fireworks, fire, water and music produces the Opus Magnum that only Disney could orchestrate.*
( I will add photos when data allowance permits - hence 'magic apple'!!)

Oh yes!! Now this is the sort of review I like to read! ::yes:: I watched it 6 times on Saturday night but nothing is going to beat seeing it for real.

We slept until 9 - our room a haven of tranquility. No noise + comfy beds = lots of zzzzzzzz.*
Breakfast at DLH is a joy to behold - fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, savoury sausages, drinks served at the table - wonderful start to the day.*
Room serviced on our return ( even fixed the door handle that came off in my hand!!!)
We had a plan, to save my ankle we would work anticlockwise around the park starting with a circuit on the train. Then Buzz, Autopia, Nautilus (DD went on SM and said it was slow!!!). Star Tours followed by another Buzz (DD beat me - level 5).
We just had to do BTM followed by a trip on Molly Brown.*
It was time to retire to the hotel for a snooze followed by afternoon tea in the Castle Club lounge.*
We are now sat waiting for the parade followed by dinner at Silver Spur.*
We watched the parade yesterday and DD pronounced it just as good as OUAD.*
So far the sun has shone all the time, CMs have been amazing and in the hotel, everyone has smiled at me and said 'bonjour, bonsoir etc much to DDs amusement.*
TBC

What a fantastic start to your trip!

Thanks for the review on Dreams - makes me even more excited about our upcoming trip :goodvibes

Look forward to hearing more popcorn::

Wow what an amazing trip - you have been sooo lucky with the hotel! :cloud9: I just love the DLH so much - know what you mean about the serenity etc :lovestruc.

Can't wait to hear more/see photos :thumbsup2.

Loving the review of Dreams too - not seen it all the way through yet (on youtube) as trying to save it for our trip!

With regards to 'Dreams' - we have watched it 3 times so far. Each from a different position and seen different things each time. Pictures and YouTube can only whet the appetite. When you see it, you will feel it in so many ways.

Just waiting whilst DD goes on TOT so time to catch up.*
We ambled from the parade to Silver Spur. I had booked the 20th menu but as the main choice was fish or lamb (no signature steak option) , decided to ask for normal menu. After much perusal and discussion we opted for the 20th option and both had the pate and duck starter followed by the lamb (large pieces on a skewer with corn), rosemary roasted potatoes, tiered ( not tired) roast tomato and courgette slices with an amazing (according to DD) jus. We finished off with the 20th dessert. *For all you with tweenagers, beware, life gets more expensive with the transition fom child's to adult menus!! The expression of culinary delight makes it worth every cent.*
At the end we were given a 'bracelet' and instructions to keep our receipt to gain entry to the VIP Dreams area. I would say that the meal was only slightly dearer than the normal menu.*
Stuffed, we managed a drive on Autopia ( 2 cars - I got to drive!!) , a go on Buzz and a last ride on BTM before taking out place for Dreams.*
The only real advantage of the dedicated spot was that I got a seat waiting for the show and no crowds around us. It really does not matter where you are to get a good view.*
Afterwards we headed back for an early night to prepare for Mickey calling us at 7.30 for EMH.*

Mickey got us up at 7.30 and by 8 we stumbled bleary eyed into an empty park. The sky was clear and the air was chilled. We took the 'Paddy Wagon' up Main Street to be first on Dumbo, followed by the carousel then DD doing tea-cups. After much looking and watching, we got the 'taxi' back down, returning for breakfast in the California Grill.*
We decided on a Studio morning and got in just after 10. A quick trip on the parachutes ( great for keeping an eye on redevelopments) followed by Animagique, Cinemagique and Moteur Action in straight succession. DD did TOT and *we then returned to DLH for a rest.*
We thought we had better break outside our bubble and so went for an afternoon wander in the village. Just waiting now for afternoon tea.*
We do, however, have a crisis building up - we cannot find anything relating to Chicken Little, not even a pin, much to DDs consternation!!!

Good luck with your Chicken Little hunting!
The only real advantage of the dedicated spot was that I got a seat waiting for the show and no crowds around us. It really does not matter where you are to get a good view.*
Please could you enlarge about the seat as someone was asking on the main board if there were seats in the VIP area? Thanks. :)

I am loving that you are sending us updates as you go :thumbsup2

Sounds like you have had another fabulous day.

I hope that you have managed with your Chicken Little hunt - not the easiest character to find these days.

I'm afraid that 'seating' in the meals VIP area is limited to a couple of benches.
Crisis over - we found a LE pin with Chicken Little and a picture of Walt for €10 with AP discount. DD very happy!!

After a delightful half hour at the Castle Club lounge we went down in the special lift to the park entrance. Straight on BTM and POTC *the wandered through Fantasyland ( gave Peter Pan a miss as even fastpass line was long) to... Yes, you've guessed - Autopia.*
We then had half an hour before our Walts reservation so looked for a Chicken Little item and found a pin to DDs delight.*
Walts was amazing. We both had crab for starter followed by beef. The look on DDs face eating was that of the food critic on Ratatouille. To say we ate well and in style for not a lot more than some counter service menus is an understatement. She was also blown away by the fact that the manager, Eric, remembered us from last year, brought us free cocktails and kept popping by to check all was ok.*
I had a plate of mini desserts and DD had brownies and ice- cream. I was also given complimentary coffee.*
The only problem we had was that the Disney Easy Pass charge card system had crashed across the whole complex ... just as I was going to ask for som marigolds and start washing up, I remembered I did have cash - phew!!!
We left with broad smiles on our faces and just managed a post prandial wander around the park to burn off a few calories.*
It was about 8.30 so we sought out a different location to watch Dreams. ....
DREAMS LOCATION TIP •••••••••
As you come out of the entrance to Adventureland is a path that runs in front of the castle. Just before you hit the central plaza hub is a great spot - I perched against the fence, lots of space and then .... it started to rain. We decided to go back to the hotel and watch from the bridge across the wings. It was now 10 past 9. *I suggested that we could change shoes, put on our coats and go back into the park. Oh yes, only at DLH do you have that flexibility of planning.*
21.15 - back in park with 20,000 + people milling to watch .... we went through the left arcade and along the path near the frontierland and Adventureland *entrances back to our original position * We have now seen Dreams from 4 different spots and this really is the overall best.*
We even beat the crowds heading out from the park by retracing our steps.*
We 'wound down' listening to the pianist at Cafe Fantasia before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.*

Wow :cool1:
You are having an amazing time. Upgrades, great weather, yummy food ...what memories you are making out there this week :goodvibes

I agree, it sounds like you're having an amazing time :goodvibes

Thanks for the Dreams tips. I love Liberty Arcade and the covered walkway round Frontierland too - it saves loads of time :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness you are doing sooo well with the upgrades and the freebies! :thumbsup2 Love to hear of people getting pixie dust :goodvibes.

Hmm, I'm a little confused about the 'spot' - I know where Liberty arcade is. But not sure about the little pathway you mention at Adventureland? It is near the opening where the toilets and Agrabah are? :confused3

If it is, then it does sound like it is slightly off centre, to the side. I would imagine a lot of people will try and stand up close, front on - all in the same spot :lmao:

It is just off-centre but still an amazing view. Most people stick to the central plaza area but still loads of space where we were plus easy exit.

Anyway today ....
Zzzzzzzzzzz - yes we had a late get- up and into breakfast for 10.30. Crispy bacon and fluffy scrambled eggs looking over to the castle.*
We did a circuit of the park ...(on the train) and then a drive around the countryside (on Autopia) before saving the world from aliens (Buzz). After such exertions, a hot chocolate was called for, before taking on the dragon (St George eat your heart out!!)
Peter Pan was having technical problems as was BTM so we sailed again on the Molly Brown.*
Then out of all the zillions of people in the park, DD spotted a friend staying at a nearby campsite so we did Phantom Manor whilst animated conversations ensued.*
They parted and we headed back for a snooze before more afternoon tea.*
We briefly hit the park again before dinner at Inventions. What a meal - a culinary symphony masterpiece. (I'm sure the analogy works for all types of music except for those based on 3 chords and limited lyrics !!)
The opening movement of interwoven 'starter notes' - a hint of artichoke, a touch of Parma ham stuffed with soft cheese, a high note of smoked salmon...... Then the contrapuntal crab claws, langoustine * *and prawn. *This was followed after a brief interlude by the mighty meaty overture of lamb, beef, pork accompanied by varieties of potatoes and vegetables. As if as a gentler echo ( without the wind section) came the fish dishes, poached salmon, scallops.... We had another interval ( photo shots with Mickey, Minnie, *Chip & Dale, Perla & Susie, + the naughty cat from Pinocchio.*
Now for the dessert chorus of 'floating islands' *along with a myriad of other choices and concluding with the base notes of pungent cheeses. I finished with the espresso aria. ( NB dream passes no longer get a Kir - adults limited to a non- alcoholic drink)
Thoroughly stuffed , I recounted my previous night's dream to DD ( young disboarders look away) - I was walking along the corridor at DLH when I was wrestled to the ground by Mickey himself. I was traumatised and DD was in hysterics.*
Anyway, back to reality and out into the parks for more Autopia and Buzz before claiming a spot for Dreams. I'm on the second bench to the left (as opposed to second star to the right) from the castle bridge ( the first bench is behind the rope) and so it is show time ... AGAIN !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter