*Pen Pal Letter Swap-Round 3-March-Sent/Received/Weekly Check in....

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
For the month of March, the twist will be something you can do by yourself, with the help of your kids, nieces, nephews, …… You will be putting together a FLAT STANLEY or FLAT SHIRLEY. *If you are not familiar with the story of FLAT STANLEY, check online for a bunch of information.

Your mission is to decorate a Flat Stanley or if you make yours into a girl, we will call her Flat Shirley. But just to make it less confusing, we will call this the Flat Stanley twist.

You will print out the Flat Stanley cut out, and decorate it. Use crayons, color pencils, anything you wish. Use your imagination, and be creative. Dress up your Flat Stanley, or Flat Shirley according to something that represents your state, a particular occupation, or for a particular season or holiday. You will then bring your Flat Stanley/Flat Shirley, and take a picture of them. It can be a picture of them somewhere at your house, a particular landmark, maybe you are going to a Superbowl game, bring him/her along with you. You do not need to send your Flat Stanley along with your letter, but just the picture of him/her. Tell your pen pal why you choose the location of where the photo was taken, or write a little story about Flat Stanleys travels, just like the book where he gets flattened, and travels everywhere.

It will be neat to see all of the Flat Stanleys, and Flat Shirleys that everyone comes up with. So feel free to share your creations on the March post.

This is just the twist for the month, and you can get started on it now. The topic of the month will be announced at a later date.

***Twists are not mandatory so if you wish not to participate, that is fine as well. Just let your pen pal know. And if your kids want to make one of their own to include to your pen pal, feel free to do so as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, or ask it here.

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/paperdolls/ig/Paper-Doll-Accessories/Paper-Doll-Body.htm-Click onto this link to get the printable of Flat Stanley. If you click onto the picture, it will enlarge, and you can print it out, and decorate.
Just cut out the outline of the body.

*******Please continue to check in on the Feb. thread until I say to post on this thread for weekly check ins.

Patsy, you're going to force me to be creative, aren't you? ;) This sounds like fun! :)

I have an idea of how I want to decorate my guy, but I'll have to think of location and story ...

I know the location, its just a matter of getting there through all the snow :)

Hopefully all of the snow will melt away soon. I had seen the terrible pictures on the news of the conditions many of you are having. :sad2: Stay safe, and warm.

I had gone shopping for what I needed to put together my Flat Stanley, and could not find my items :(

I don't have a way to scan a picture of my pen pal's Flat Stanley/Stacy to share with all of you. And I thought that, maybe, my pen pal might not have a way either. So I decided to post a picture of my Flat Stacy watching the Superbowl and eating tacos, chips and guacamole with us and washing it all down with a Coke. :goodvibes
flatstacy.jpg

I don't have a way to scan a picture of my pen pal's Flat Stanley/Stacy to share with all of you. And I thought that, maybe, my pen pal might not have a way either. So I decided to post a picture of my Flat Stacy watching the Superbowl and eating tacos, chips and guacamole with us and washing it all down with a Coke. :goodvibes
flatstacy.jpg

Great job Susan!!! :cheer2:

flatstacy.jpg

Love it! Especially the belt buckle detail. She looks like a real cowgirl!

Patsey, can I still join in?

Sorry this is a 6 month round so this Round will be till June. If another one is to happen, sign ups will be around April or May. And it will be for another 6 month period for the months of July till December. So if you are interested in joining in, please keep an eye open for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter