• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pedicures

I go every 4 weeks for a pedicure and every 2 weeks I get a gel powder manicure.

Last Saturday, I got red on my figures, but green on my ring finger nails. The pedicure is a red base with a white tip. I had a snowflake with a "diamond" applied to both of my large toes.

When I go back for my next manicure, I'll match my fingers to my toes without the snowflakes. I think it'll be nice for Christmas.

Since this is kind of a poll I don't feel bad saying I've never had one. My sister tried to drag me out for a mani/pedi before my wedding, I threatened to call off the marriage! :rotfl2: No judgement from me though, different strokes for different folks!

I am one of the rare people who really dislikes getting a pedicure. In the summer I have to force myself to get a few but I don't find anything about it relaxing. I wish I enjoyed them because I do like how they look.

In the summer I get one every two weeks, and a regular manicure once a month. In the winter I get a pedi once a month, and a gel manicure every two weeks. It's the only super feminine thing I do for myself!! I don't wear make up and I'm woefully bad at getting in to get my eyebrows waxed in a regular manner.

Now that I live in FL, I go once a month. When I lived in PA, I’d only get one right before a vacation. Before I had my son, I got my nails done every few weeks. I did that for 10+ years. I stopped shortly after finding out I was pregnant

I typically get them when it is warm enough to wear sandals. Otherwise, I just do them myself. I do have plans to get one right after New Years for our cruise. I tend to purchase the same polish as the color used on my toes so that I can touch them up if needed. I am notorious for smudging and chipping polish, which is why I do not bother with manicures.

Absolutely never. I am paranoid about picking up some gross nail fungus or infection. Literally JUST happened to my poor dad, who is 72 and can no longer easily cut his own toenails. He went to get a pedicure at a VERY highly rated nail salon. They scrubbed his feet literally raw (he showed me his scabbed up feet last week) and he also developed an abscess on the cuticle of his big toe.

Pedicures are a huge "nope" for me. I told my dad to pay a caregiver to come in once a month for 4 hours to do some light grooming assistance type stuff. Safer and cheaper than a pedicure.

I'm also terrified of fungus and have never had one. I am interested in the pampering experience etc. Though so one of these days I might chance it. I have no interest in polish. Do they do it without or will they think I'm an alien?

I'm also terrified of fungus and have never had one. I am interested in the pampering experience etc. Though so one of these days I might chance it. I have no interest in polish. Do they do it without or will they think I'm an alien?
They will do them with or without polish. Men don’t get polish. The will just neaten them up, pamper you and buff them to a shine with no polish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter