Pedicures

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
Do you get them? How often? I have only recently started this guilty pleasure and I'm wondering why in the hell I waited so long. What an awesome experience:goodvibes

In the summer I get them every other week. Id get them every week if I needed but the polish stays good for at least two weeks. I usually get a french on my toes. I really like where I go since they massage my legs for over 20 minutes. I live in NY and a french pedi costs approximately $30+

I also usually get my hair blown out and the washer massages my head fir about 30 minutes too and its a comfortable chair into the sink so your neck isnt suspended. Thats $18 and I tip both the washer and blower $5 each. Im in there about an hour. I try to not wash my hair for a few days but I work out so it gets gross but I want to make it last lol

Enjoy! You deserve it!

In the summer I get them every other week. Id get them every week if I needed but the polish stays good for at least two weeks. I usually get a french on my toes. I really like where I go since they massage my legs for over 20 minutes. I live in NY and a french pedi costs approximately $30+

I also usually get my hair blown out and the washer massages my head fir about 30 minutes too and its a comfortable chair into the sink so your neck isnt suspended. Thats $18 and I tip both the washer and blower $5 each. Im in there about an hour. I try to not wash my hair for a few days but I work out so it gets gross but I want to make it last lol

Enjoy! You deserve it!

I haven't had a French one yet but that's on my list:rotfl: I spend obscene amounts of money on my hair so I guess that's why I never indulged my foot fetish before but dayum..that's a great experience. They message your legs for 30 minutes????? I get a nice foot bath and a hot stone massage, and some creamy stuff on my heels and the actual pedi for $25...money well spent. If they served wine in there, I don't think I would ever leave:rotfl:

Aaaaaahhh, pedicure :lovestruc One of my guilty pleasures, right up there with my gel nails and monthly massage. I don't shop, smoke, gamble, or drink (much.) I go every 3-4 weeks for a mani/pedi and I'm transported to heaven. :angel: My DD21 and I have been having Girls Night Out pedicures since she was 12 yrs old.

At first I used to feel bad about getting pedicures. I mean, I'm a grown woman. I can cut my own toenails and polish them. But as time went by, I realized that I needed to allow others to do things for me, sometimes. My life is uber stressful and taking care of myself means, well, taking care of myself. I feel like a new woman when I walk out of the nail salon. A good massage will last me 2 weeks or more. These are the little things that I do to calm and re-center myself. Aaaaaaaahhhh....

I haven't had a French one yet but that's on my list:rotfl: I spend obscene amounts of money on my hair so I guess that's why I never indulged my foot fetish before but dayum..that's a great experience. They message your legs for 30 minutes????? I get a nice foot bath and a hot stone massage, and some creamy stuff on my heels and the actual pedi for $25...money well spent. If they served wine in there, I don't think I would ever leave:rotfl:

Move to Texas...my pedi place and several others do serve wine.:thumbsup2

I go once a month year round. They stay looking really good for 3 weeks. The last week can be a bit rough. Going Saturday for a Disney pedi for my trip!

I get one once a month from about May - October. I've never ever had the polish chip on my toes...plus I'm a cheapskate, so I don't like to go more often than that.

I actually hate getting pedicures done. I don't like anyone touching my feet and I about die when they bring out that scrub brush. But my feet look so much nicer with a pedicure....I see it as a must-do to feel comfortable wearing sandals in the summer. I even don't like the foot and leg massage that much, depending on who is doing it.

I get a mani/pedi before each trip, which turns out about once a year. But then I also get a pedi right before the Summer starts. It lasts forever! I am also one that absolutely hates someone touching my feet, and usually don't like the leg massage if they rub too hard. I go because I have to stare at my feet all Summer and they look great after a nice pedi:thumbsup2.

Every 4 weeks or so. Heading into vacation my SO gets on too. He wears heavy work boots so nice to have soft feet on vacation

It depends on my running schedule and how many races I have scheduled. I NEED my callus for race day and my pedicurist (is that a word) makes them disappear in seconds.

Last year through April this year I had 5 half marathons, 2 10K and 5 or 6 5K's so I did not get that many Pedi's. My next race is not until November so I get them ever 4 weeks. Just went yesterday and it was pure bliss.

Now mani's I do those myself. I go in phases where I will take the time to polish and keep them up with no chips (can't have chipped polish at work) and times I don't want to mess with them.

Enjoy! You deserve it!

I wish I could find a salon that does a 30 minute scalp massage!!! I used to go to one many years ago but they closed. The one really good pedicure place here does the long foot/leg massages. That is why I really get pedicures. I got gel polish at my last pedicure, in the middle of June. Still looks new and fresh. It was an extra $5 I think.

It depends on my running schedule and how many races I have scheduled. I NEED my callus for race day and my pedicurist (is that a word) makes them disappear in seconds.

Last year through April this year I had 5 half marathons, 2 10K and 5 or 6 5K's so I did not get that many Pedi's. My next race is not until November so I get them ever 4 weeks. Just went yesterday and it was pure bliss.

Now mani's I do those myself. I go in phases where I will take the time to polish and keep them up with no chips (can't have chipped polish at work) and times I don't want to mess with them.

You can ask them not to remove your calluses if you want more frequent pedicures :D.

I wish ours were that inexpensive. I am in KY and I go every 3-4 months. They start at $57 not including tip. I tried a local beauty school and it was $25 and not a good experience.

I wish ours were that inexpensive. I am in KY and I go every 3-4 months. They start at $57 not including tip. I tried a local beauty school and it was $25 and not a good experience.

OUCH!!!

A pedicure here is about $25. If you want to do the "spa pedicure" which generally involved a hot towel and not much more, it's $30-35 depending on the salon.

$57 for just a regular pedicure?!! That's crazy. I live in the NY tri-state area and a mani-pedi costs around $40 w/o tip. Just a pedicure costs about $25. Are there not lot of places by you? That would drive up the price. I have a half dozen places weighing 10-15 minutes of our house so that competition keeps prices reasonable.

I go for a mani-pedi every few months. In the summer it's more often. Going this weekend with a friend.

Yikes!!!
A regular pedi is $18.
There are nail salons on every other corner around here. Many run specials on Mon-Tues-Wed $20 for a mani/pedi.

I go about every 3 weeks or so in the warm weather. In the winter, maybe 2 or 3 times. It really depends if/when I am going on vacation!

I go about once a month. it cost approx $25-$30, tops. Im EXTREMELY ticklish, so im not always relaxed after my pedi appointment. :(

OP, i wonder why you waited so long too. Have you been doing your own toes? Or were you going au-naturel and not getting your toes done at all. :crazy2: :lmao:

I find that the costs are much higher in a full service salon, whereas a nails-only salon usually charges $25-$30 for a pedicure. I go every 2-3 weeks in the summer, about once a month the rest of the year. The local place I always go to includes a nice long foot/lower leg massage.

Poohforyou said:
$57 for just a regular pedicure?!! That's crazy. I live in the NY tri-state area and a mani-pedi costs around $40 w/o tip. Just a pedicure costs about $25. Are there not lot of places by you? That would drive up the price. I have a half dozen places weighing 10-15 minutes of our house so that competition keeps prices reasonable.

I go for a mani-pedi every few months. In the summer it's more often. Going this weekend with a friend.

One on every corner. They charge the same or close to a full service salon. No clue why they are so expensive here. A spa pedi starts at $75

I also usually get my hair blown out and the washer massages my head fir about 30 minutes too and its a comfortable chair into the sink so your neck isnt suspended. Thats $18 and I tip both the washer and blower $5 each. Im in there about an hour. I try to not wash my hair for a few days but I work out so it gets gross but I want to make it last lol Enjoy! You deserve it!

Can you tell me more about blow outs? Where do you get them? My regular salon does an awesome job but charges $60 - yikes! I would LOVE to be able to get a blow out once in a while!

Yes, I do.
But usually only in the summer.
Twice. :rotfl2:

Can you tell me more about blow outs? Where do you get them? My regular salon does an awesome job but charges $60 - yikes! I would LOVE to be able to get a blow out once in a while!

My dd is a junior stylist and does blowouts cheaper than a senior (?) stylist. Maybe you could ask if they have any juniors in the shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter