Paying Dues with a Gift Card

Just be careful they eventually catch on. I even had different addresses and phone numbers on them. So always use the business account first...just in case.

Yinn, so true. In the past I'd tried many combinations of personal accounts between my wife and I with some success but then they'd eventually catch on and I'd miss out on some GC's.
So now I just do as you suggested last year; use the business account to get three delivered. Then order a second group of three GC's for that same day. Only, I do need to wait @20minutes between the two orders. Seems to fail if I order too quickly..
Wait 24 hrs after that last order, rinse and repeat. Thanks.

how did you buy 3... I just tried to add to cart but it says 1 per customer limit... :(
You can place up to 2 Disney gift card orders each day. If you convert your personal BB account to a business account (simple process, no charge or verification needed) you can order up to 3 gift cards in 1 order, so you can get up to 6 per day.

Business account is the way to go. At least Best Buy is getting wiser. They've gone and said - Disboards is messing with our ordering system. Just mark the $100's down, maybe they'll slow down.

Thanks for the heads up on BB, just got one gift card, waiting for the confirmation code to order the second one. Much better than the 4% at BJ's.

I just got 3 with a personal account, don't need a 4th so I'm not sure if it would let me get another one. I'll try again in June......

I just got 3 with a personal account, don't need a 4th so I'm not sure if it would let me get another one. I'll try again in June......

If you sign up for a business account you can do 2 orders of 3 for 6 total. That wipes out $600 in dues.

Should be enough for most beginners before they get add-on itus. I remember when I thought @Sandisw being over 1000points was crazy…now I’m wondering where I want my 1000 points.

Anyone know is this is a household restriction or an individual restriction? I bought 3 but wondering if my wife should make an account to buy 3 as well

Anyone know is this is a household restriction or an individual restriction? I bought 3 but wondering if my wife should make an account to buy 3 as well

You might get lucky and have it work. But eventually they’ll figure it out and it’ll become a household restriction. Just sign up for a business account, it’s free and you can buy 6 with one account.

I just went to buy it and it is now sold out. How is a digital delivery card sold out? I guess they must have only sold a certain amount.

I just went to buy it and it is now sold out. How is a digital delivery card sold out? I guess they must have only sold a certain amount.
Yeah, I think they have a limited supply, because about 30 days ago the same thing happened the $50 cards were on sale for $45 but they sold out within the day. You have to be pretty quick when you hear about them.

Dang! Glad I got some yesterday but still need more for next months dues. With no incentive to pay dues early, I will just pay monthly and hope I catch some good discounts.

Yeah, I think they have a limited supply, because about 30 days ago the same thing happened the $50 cards were on sale for $45 but they sold out within the day. You have to be pretty quick when you hear about them.
I have never heard of the $45 deal selling out. We get them every day for the week they are available and we have never encountered them selling out. I am guessing they only release a certain amount of the $90 ones.

I have thought about ways to shave off some dollars when it comes to paying our MFs next year (we bought resale in 2022 and had to pay 2023 MFs at closing.) One of the simplest ways (and one that saves time and also possibly money) is to put the MF funds into a higher-yielding money market or online savings account and just pay the MFs from that account each month. It might not be biggest needle-mover when it comes to money savings, but it might be the best combination of time and money savings.

I have thought about ways to shave off some dollars when it comes to paying our MFs next year (we bought resale in 2022 and had to pay 2023 MFs at closing.) One of the simplest ways (and one that saves time and also possibly money) is to put the MF funds into a higher-yielding money market or online savings account and just pay the MFs from that account each month. It might not be biggest needle-mover when it comes to money savings, but it might be the best combination of time and money savings.

With todays interest rates it’s not a bad idea. It’s paying 4% roughly. Of course you have to pay tax so it’s probably closer to 3%. But then you use a 2% credit card to buy 4% discounted gift cards and it adds up.

We use our Jetblue Credit Card a lot for buying discounted BJ's Disney gift cards and then use the points to get plane tickets. This has worked out pretty good for us, but we can get direct flights from BDL to MCO for fairly low point cost.

There are a lot of ways to use credit cards and discount Disney gift cards from different stores, you just have to figure out what works best for your situation and plan accordingly. Once you have hour plan it is pretty easy to save about 5%-10%, and doesn't take a lot of time once you have your plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter