Paying Dues with a Gift Card

I order from the same device with no issues.

Some of it will depend on your ISP and privacy settings. It all comes down to if you trigger their fraud systems. Which I don’t have insight into.

If you’re having trouble ordering you can always try to call in or go to store to ask them to match, but it’s a pain

Are you ordering them from the same device? I found that if you sign on to different accounts to order but using the same device then they'll cancel the orders.

I was able to do one order of 3 cards again last night, but they wouldn't let me do a second order. Up to 14 cards now.
We were ordering from different devices

Picked up 6 more via my business account, 2 more with my personal. Wife's 2 orders on her personal account were auto cancelled. I placed them after I placed the 2 on my personal.

edit: spoke too soon, the 2nd one on my personal was cancelled by best buy

Last edited:
I'm fully paid up with $50 extra. BWV w/ 200 pts ended up being roughly $1700. In the end I was able to buy 26 w/ my business account, 6 with my personal and 3 with my wife's personal.

I'm gonna stop buying more, but I think I can still do 6x per day on my business account and 1x on my personal(s). PM me if you'd like me to buy for you at $45 ea. and I can send them over.

I'm fully paid up with $50 extra. BWV w/ 200 pts ended up being roughly $1700. In the end I was able to buy 26 w/ my business account, 6 with my personal and 3 with my wife's personal.

I'm gonna stop buying more, but I think I can still do 6x per day on my business account and 1x on my personal(s). PM me if you'd like me to buy for you at $45 ea. and I can send them over.

I hit a limit today, have to go back through emails to see how many I bought total. But it doesn't hurt to start paying for next year as well

When paying by gift cards do you need to have all the gift cards ready in order to pay them off in one setting or can I get one, pay it towards dues, wait a few days, then repeat?

I dunno man. My dues bill is $3,332.53, and at an average 5% savings via GC's, that's $166.62. Not sure all the time and effort of two people (or one person using multiple accounts), buying several dozen or so cards in multiple sessions is really worth $166 bucks. If the due bill less than $2,000, then the time and effort to buy 35 gift cards to save $85 is a tough sell for me, even if I'm using a CC that's giving me 2% or 3% cash back.

Even at 7% or 8%, the work involved in saving $100-$200 just doesn't seem worth all of that effort.

I dunno man. My dues bill is $3,332.53, and at an average 5% savings via GC's, that's $166.62. Not sure all the time and effort of two people (or one person using multiple accounts), buying several dozen or so cards in multiple sessions is really worth $166 bucks. If the due bill less than $2,000, then the time and effort to buy 35 gift cards to save $85 is a tough sell for me, even if I'm using a CC that's giving me 2% or 3% cash back.

Even at 7% or 8%, the work involved in saving $100-$200 just doesn't seem worth all of that effort.
The current deal that everyone's buying is 10% (not including points+cash back). For my dues balance, the discount amounts to half of one our APs. The $50 increment is annoying, but honestly it’s not that much effort. I do it nightly after we put the kids to bed, couple taps on my phone on the BB website while the wife and I are watching TV and it’s done. If it were an in-store only deal I wouldn’t do it because it wouldn’t be worth the time to drive+gas, but I’ll gladly do a couple taps on my phone to save 5-10%.

$45 for $50 is a 10% discount. 15% if you’re using a discover card or chase. 16% if you stack with Rakuten. For you that would be a $533.20 savings.

I mean I guess it depends on how much you make. At federal minimum wage that’s 73 hours of worth of work. But let’s assume you make more than minimum wage.

This is how I look at it. I estimate I spent roughly 5 minutes a day buying and aggregating the gift cards, that’s roughly $30 savings for 5 minutes and I’m probably overestimating by 4 minutes.

You know what? Let’s actually make it 15 minutes to be safe. $30 of after tax savings for 15 minutes of work. That projects out to be $120/hr. If I project that out using a 40 hour work week and only working 45 weeks a year, that’s an annual salary rate of $216,000…after tax or $288,000 before tax. So I kind of look at it as if I make less than that, it’s worth my time. If I make more than that, probably not…

Who am I kidding? I could make 3x that and I’d still want to save the 15% but that’s me.

The current deal that everyone's buying is 10% (not including points+cash back). For my dues balance, the discount amounts to half of one our APs. The $50 increment is annoying, but honestly it’s not that much effort. I do it nightly after we put the kids to bed, couple taps on my phone on the BB website while the wife and I are watching TV and it’s done. If it were an in-store only deal I wouldn’t do it because it wouldn’t be worth the time to drive+gas, but I’ll gladly do a couple taps on my phone to save 5-10%.

Tip for those paying dues.

The DVC site does not allow copy+paste (unless it’s changed recently) for dues which can make it annoying. Also the repeated typing of the amount, verification screen, selecting the contract if you have multiple etc.

What I do is I move them all on the Disney gift card site, which does allow copy paste. Then I transfer the funds all onto one card with their bulk transfer. Once I max out a single gift card, I then go to pay my dues.

Tip for those paying dues.

The DVC site does not allow copy+paste (unless it’s changed recently) for dues which can make it annoying. Also the repeated typing of the amount, verification screen, selecting the contract if you have multiple etc.

What I do is I move them all on the Disney gift card site, which does allow copy paste. Then I transfer the funds all onto one card with their bulk transfer. Once I max out a single gift card, I then go to pay my dues.
I can't RIGHT-CLICK paste on my Safari browser but I can paste by using the edit drop-down from the top menu.

I had no issues copying and pasting from the GC site into the DVC site. I was using 3 different browsers on PC as well. Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there‘s also a $2 back promo on $25 Disney GC at Best Buy through the ibotta app. My offer expires today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter