Party of 4 in studio at BLT...just how bad?

It's not the size of the room, it's the sleeping arrangements. When my then 13 and 11 year old had to share the sleeper sofa, they complained and it was a bit tight for them. That was the last time I will get a studio for four. So unless you lug along an air bed, your kids are not going to be comfortable.

BLT studios are pretty small.....like tiny...like swing a cat small.

So do you all think a studio with 2 adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 year old would be bad? We'll probably spend a little time in the room (naps, rests, etc), but my DH can't justify the cost difference (renting points). What do you all think??

So do you all think a studio with 2 adults, a 5 year old, and a 2 year old would be bad? We'll probably spend a little time in the room (naps, rests, etc), but my DH can't justify the cost difference (renting points). What do you all think??

I don't think it would be bad. How well do your kids nap? Would the kids be disturbed by you and DH moving about, watching TV, ect?

I think it could work just fine for you. When nap time comes around (assuming your 2yo still naps) BLT has a community hall you or your husband can take your 5yo to that should have plenty to do on a lower energy level than heading back out to the parks or swimming. I have not seen BLT's community hall, but assume it's pretty similar to Kidani's. (ETA: if you Google "Disney BLT community hall", there are plenty of images to get a feel for it)

had trouble with clothes - no place to unpack so 2 unpacked and we lived out of our carry-on - no room for all of us to live out of our carry-ons - but, we still do it and will continue ;)

Do you think that you could live in your bedroom at home? That's probably about the same size.

:earsboy: Bill

Simba07 said:
We did it with two adults and two under 7. It was fine, but I think it would be tight with teenagers. But if you are used to being in a single hotel room normally, it won't feel much different.

ibela said:
Stayed for 6 nights with 2 adults, a 5yr old, and a 7yr old and we had no issues. We've stayed in a 1br before which was obviously nicer but we'd stay in a studio again. We're not in the room much (either at the parks or pools) so didn't mind at all. Considered getting a 1br at OKW for the upcoming trip, then figured since we were fine at BLT, then we should be fine with a studio so booked that. And another trip with the leftover points. ::yes::

ETA: I think a cruise room is worse, smaller and we tend to be in the room a bit more than at WDW. I hate the thought of booking us in 1 room on a cruise but have no trouble with a studio at Disney.

I'm in the same boat (3 night stay, family of 4, but my kids are only 8&5). We really wanted a 1BR too, but being the "hot season" of early December, rooms were already snapped up at the 10 month mark and we were happy to get the studio after being wait listed for a week. I keep telling myself, it's technically bigger than the mod rooms, and it's only 3 nights. It'll probably be me and the kids in the bed (happens half the time at home ;) ) and DH on the couch. After this, it's 11months out and 1BR all the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter