parksavers vs UCT

There have been sporadic reports of being able to get credit over the phone for a ticket towards a different one although the one's I read have always been directly purchased. I don't think that the parking attendants check for AP vouchers though and that's all that one could still hope to get as the AP's have to be activated before their first use.

I'm not sure why they couldn't do it over the phone if there's not a "use it first" policy. I purchased one of the parksavers tix a couple of weeks ago for my wife who is going in January, and I've already linked it to her MDE account. It shows up as "7-Day Ticket With Park Hopper Option" in her MDE. It would certainly be more convenient for her if it could be handled over the phone.

I'm not sure why they couldn't do it over the phone if there's not a "use it first" policy. I purchased one of the parksavers tix a couple of weeks ago for my wife who is going in January, and I've already linked it to her MDE account. It shows up as "7-Day Ticket With Park Hopper Option" in her MDE. It would certainly be more convenient for her if it could be handled over the phone.

It still has to be activated upon arrival so I don't know that there's a lot to be gained. My guess - it would take more time to try and upgrade over the phone (if they will) and then activate upon arrival vs just upgrading and activating at the same time.

Not sure if this is the right forum, how could you avoid the 20 parking charge before first use, ie AP includes free parking, so we would like to bridge this to ap, but switch right away to avoid parking charges. Hopefully this makes sense. Same question i guess applies to memory maker. Or can you buy this, then upgrade to annual pass before going to the park?

If you pay to park, bring your receipt with you to guest services. If you upgrade to an AP they'll also refund you the cost of parking if the parking receipt is for that same day.

Unless this has changed recently... this was the first I've heard you could bridge without first using the ticket so all things subject to change I guess.

Can't you save your receipt and get reimbursed at GS on the way out similar to the way TIW parking works?

MG

We have a short trip coming up in December. I purchased MVMCP tickets and 1 day Epcot. If I buy the discounted tickets now for a July trip, could I wait until AFTER the December trip to link the tickets to MDE? My only concern about linking them before would be inadvertently activating them in December. Or should I just wait and chance buying them after the New Year?

We have a short trip coming up in December. I purchased MVMCP tickets and 1 day Epcot. If I buy the discounted tickets now for a July trip, could I wait until AFTER the December trip to link the tickets to MDE? My only concern about linking them before would be inadvertently activating them in December. Or should I just wait and chance buying them after the New Year?
Just create a fake "person" in MDE and link the ticket to them. I have "children" named Mickey, Minnie, and Donald in my MDE. You can link the ticket to them, and then transfer it back to yourself when you need it.

Can I link it back myself, or does Disney have to do it? Also, do we now get a "family" discount? lol

We have tickets for future use from UCT sitting unlinked. It has never been a problem to link them later.

They are tickets but with MDE there is virtually no difference that I can see as far as tickets go. You link and your good to go.
I'm under the impression that vouchers (from expedia, etc) have an expiration date.

I'm under the impression that vouchers (from expedia, etc) have an expiration date.

When people have asked parksavers about it I believe the response has been that the date they request is really just info passed on to Disney for planning purposes. It's not that the vouchers expire or can only be used then.

Question?? We have 5 day PH's with water park and more from PARKSAVERS for OCT and are on our MDE. We are DVC members, What would be the cost to bridge these tickets to AP's as DVCers.? I can't figure it out dud.

Question?? We have 5 day PH's with water park and more from PARKSAVERS for OCT and are on our MDE. We are DVC members, What would be the cost to bridge these tickets to AP's as DVCers.? I can't figure it out dud.

Unless there's a price increase between now and then, it should cost $121.41 per adult ticket to upgrade a 5 day PH with WP&M to a Gold AP.

Unless there's a price increase between now and then, it should cost $121.41 per adult ticket to upgrade a 5 day PH with WP&M to a Gold AP.

Do I still get the water and fun with this Gold AP or is it dropped? The Gold AP doesn't mention water and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter