Parking question

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
Not trying to do the wrong thing here so I am asking.

If we make reservations to have breakfast at one of the hotels on the monorail route, can we leave our car at the hotel and just jump on the monorail to go over to Magic Kingdom?

It would just make it more fun and easy to do this but I don't want to do the wrong thing etc.
If we are staying at another hotel in Disney, just curious if its okay to park at a different one?

@kitkatsmom I will say I think it's very magical to park at TTC and take the Monorail over to CR for breakfast, something about the Monorail and seeing CR as you approach really builds the excitement, then the walk over to MK is short and again with the monorail over head it's a great build up (plus walking off some breakfast). Have a great trip!!!

JUST AN UPDATE... ( before anyone accuses me)

I am not trying to SCAM anything. If we are staying in the park, parking is free anyway, I was just trying to make things easier on our group. Thats why I was asking.
Not cause I was trying to get away with anything.
thanks

Last edited:

If we are staying in the park, parking is free anyway

Hmmmmm ... the resorts started charging for parking quite a while back or am I missing something?

Standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

• Parking for Disney Deluxe Resorts is $25 per night.

If you want to pay to valet at the resort, they will probably let you park all day. I know pre-Covid that if you kept your receipt from valet at one WDW resort, you could present it at a different WDW resort to valet since the fee is per day.

If we are staying in the park, parking is free anyway

Hmmmmm ... the resorts started charging for parking quite a while back or am I missing something?

Standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

• Parking for Disney Deluxe Resorts is $25 per night.
I think that what she meant to say was that if staying on-site, parking at a park is free anyway. So she was not trying to scam Disney out of a parking fee, but just trying to make things more convenient.

in other words

not FREE

but the parking fee you pay at the resort covers you at any of the parks ... pay once and you are covered for the day . . .

in other words

not FREE

but the parking fee you pay at the resort covers you at any of the parks ... pay once and you are covered for the day . . .
I think resort parking & theme park parking are 2 totally separate things. Resort parking is by the night, while theme parking is by the day, so if you're staying 3 nights, for example, you pay for 3 nights of resort parking, but get 4 days of theme park parking. And isn't there still no parking fee for the campground? But they get free theme park parking, right? And theme parking was free for resort guests before there was a resort parking fee.

I suspect theme park parking fees and resort parking fees go into different revenue accounts for accounting purposes.

in other words

not FREE

That's inaccurate. Resort guests have never paid to park at a park....at least not in my memory. So, you pay to park at your resort, when staying at that resort. Has nothing to do with theme park parking.
In any case....to the OP, just park at the TTC, then take the monorail to the resort you are having breakfast at. No worries about doing the right thing then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter