Park admission with no magic band

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Hi
we will be in MK for only one day so we decided not to buy any magic band
that being said
my daughter has us 6 in her MDE also she will manage our booking ( genie …atttraction and so on

someone told me we will receive a plastic card for our day park ticket
but how does that will work when we have to get to our attraction ?
it’s been many years since my last park visits so a bit rusty before you used to scan your magic band but since we won’t have any how will it work?
reassure me please
thanks

Hi! On our most recent trip in October our magic bands did not arrive in time, so rather than pay for new ones we went without for the first time in ages. I put the tickets in my phone's wallet and we used my iPhone for everything. We did have the old school cards the front desk gave us as a backup. We were able to get into the parks, use for photos, and genie +. Tbh it was nice not to worry about the bands and the kids wanting to take theirs off. We truly did not need them.

If you have older MagicBands those will work for "tapping" at park entry and ride queues. If not, your daughter can show the tickets on her phone at park entry and the CM will issue hard plastic tickets at that time.

Like Jen I linked our tickets on our phones and put them in our apple wallet. Also had room keys as we were at yc and wanted them to be able to put them in our pockets to swim (and not bring our phones to the pool). We ended up using a mix of our phones and key cards in the parks and had no issues with either for getting in, using LL, and scanning for early entry and deluxe evening hours.

This might seem like a stupid question but can you use the My Disney Experience app to enter the parks if you have your tickets linked? (Samsung phone not apple)

This might seem like a stupid question but can you use the My Disney Experience app to enter the parks if you have your tickets linked? (Samsung phone not apple)
Link your tickets to magic mobile located on the MDE app and it will put the tickets in your wallet. For Iphone you just have to tap your phone at the turnstile the same you would with a magic band, when I had an android phone I had to unlock my phone first then place your phone on the mickey head. I haven't used an android at Disney for over a year so someone with more recent experience can chime in if you still have to unlock your android phone before you touch.

Either one worked perfect for us, for families with people without a phone a plastic card or magic band is a little quicker at the turnstiles.

yes, works for android.

When I forgot my magicband at the hotel, I used my MDE Android app to enter the park and use LL

You don't use the MDE app.

But you can use your phone, you just have to put the ticket in your digital wallet. Click on "MagicMobile" in the MDE app and it will take you through the steps.

You can scan the plastic card the same as you would a MagicBand. The cards have an imbedded RFID chip.

You can scan the plastic card the same as you would a MagicBand. The cards have an imbedded RFID chip.
If we have not checked into our Disney hotel yet and we want to head directly to the parks, it seems our only option is to either try to use old magic bands or android phone. I think the batteries in our old magic bands must be dead.

If we have not checked into our Disney hotel yet and we want to head directly to the parks, it seems our only option is to either try to use old magic bands or android phone. I think the batteries in our old magic bands must be dead.
you don't need batteries to work to use the magicbands to enter the park. they will work forever, just like a plastic card.

don't worry, your old MB will work as a ticket, no matter how old

Awesome thanks!
And in addition to using an old MB, if you arrive at the park gate without a MB or a ticket card, the CMs at the park entrance can issue you a plastic card that will work as your park ticket (and your Disney resort room key and for charging to your Disney resort bill, just like a MB, if you're staying on site). You don't have to go to the resort first to get it.

Is that still the case now where a CM can issue you a plastic card at the gate? We want to get the cards but are worried if we have to wait in line at Guest Relations when the park opens, it's going to waste a lot of time.

Is that still the case now where a CM can issue you a plastic card at the gate? We want to get the cards but are worried if we have to wait in line at Guest Relations when the park opens, it's going to waste a lot of time.

Yes, the park greeters at the entrance of any park can issue an admission card.

Each CM has a pocket full of them so there is no need to wait at guest relations behind others with more complicated issues/purchases.

I should know this but, if we get a "key card" at the resort for members of our party without MBs, can those cards also be used for park entry? In order to let them in the room, the cards get linked to that individual in MDE and would include access to tickets in their account, right ? They're not just normal hotel key cards programmed only to open the room door?

I should know this but, if we get a "key card" at the resort for members of our party without MBs, can those cards also be used for park entry? In order to let them in the room, the cards get linked to that individual in MDE and would include access to tickets in their account, right ? They're not just normal hotel key cards programmed only to open the room door?
Yes, they’ll be Key to the World cards, good for park entry, LLs, VQ, etc. as well as opening room doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter