• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel

LLLRH

Mouseketeer
I can't decide which hotel to stay at. It's cheaper to stay at the paradise Pier but there looks like they have more at the DLH. The difference in price would be $130. I would actually love to stay at the Grand Californian but that's way out of our price range! Thanks for the help.

LLRH, you didn't indicate whether you have small children, but we booked at the DLH because everyone said it was the best hotel for little ones. The GCH sounds fabulous, particularly for older children, lots of activities. (We also decided it was out of our price range, but maybe someday...)

I find it odd that the PPH is hardly talked about, and I don't really know why. Is it nothing really special (for the cost) in comparison to the other 2 onsite hotels, or even other area hotels?

Alex2kMommy yes I will be bringing my 15 month old DD. I know she's probably too small to fully enjoy DL but were bringing her anyway. It's my wedding anniversary and I think we are going to start a new tradition of going to Disney instead of Las Vegas (my favorite) funny how priorities change when you have a baby! :teeth:

She may be old enough to appreciate some of the theming at the hotel, like the glow-in-the-dark pixie dust wallpaper border.

I am guessing the reason people with little ones prefer the DLH is because of the hotel grounds, but I could be wrong. I'm expecting my DSnearly2 will enjoy the little 'beach' area near the pool, walking under the waterfall, the koi pond, and of course he'll go nuts over the pool itself if his bathtime is any indication. (We do showers with him because he splashes so much in the bathtub, and there is no "off" switch! He and Daddy are about to begin swim lessons, so here's hoping they don't get kicked out!) :lmao:

I'm sure your DS is going to love it. I have never stayed at any Disneyland Resorts so I'm really looking forward to it. We plan on staying three nights and it's going to be a big difference from having to do the park in one day. I just did that last month and I was so exhausted.

I actually LOVE the Paradise Pier, I think the theming is great! We spend some time at the pool, :sunny: which my kids love, and not a whole lot of time in the room. So when the difference is $40.00-$60.00 per night, I save the difference, and then go to two character breakfast. We usually stay like 5 nights. And at $40 a night difference, thats $200.00. For me this works, I think it depends how much money your willing to spend. Anyway, you will have a blsat. Hey, with your $200 bucks you can get a massageat the Grand. He! He! :crazy:

We just got back from DL and stayed at PPH. We loved it. The rooms are a little bigger than a regular hotel room. My DS is 7 and he loved it. There is a glass elevator you can see CA from and at night is really pretty. If it were me I would stay ar PPH hotel this time and maybe try DLH when your DD is a little older and can enjoy it. We were able to use the pool at DLH one afternoon when we had to make an unexpected laundry run(PPH does not have coin laundry). I called the front desk and was told we could use the pool our keys were already activated. We did stay in a concierge room so I am not sure if that was the reason. I hope you have a great trip.

I might re-think my decision because it sounds like I should give PP a chance. Is it really a far walk? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter