🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

I personally think you can do without the dining package, as I never have done the dining package myself and used to be able to get the second show standby. We have to see how things work out this year though.

I recommend booking some dining reservations just in case, see what the procedure ends up being, read reviews about the procedure, then cancel the reservations if you don't need them.

For me, if I can't see Fantasmic standby for the second show, I am just not going to see it this summer. On this particular trip, it's not worth the price of a dining package to see the show. I might feel differently on a future trip.

Second show of WOC you will be totally fine with the VQ. Try to get there right when the first show ends. Look for the front rail of any section. The viewing area for WOC is terraced, so each section back is higher then in front. There's rope or railing separating each one. The front will prevent someone taller from blocking you.
I think we will forgo the dining package and just try standby. In the meantime, I’ll be watching for reports from the first few nights to see how everything shakes out.

What time are the WOC shows? Do people park hop back to DL once CA closes?

I think we will forgo the dining package and just try standby. In the meantime, I’ll be watching for reports from the first few nights to see how everything shakes out.

What time are the WOC shows? Do people park hop back to DL once CA closes?
WOC will be nightly at 9:00 and 10:15. DCA will close at 10. Yes, people park hop to DL when DCA closes, but lots leave.

With the announcement of the ticket offer, we decided to come down July 7-11. My wife and I will be coming down with our 4-year-old, who will finally be tall enough to ride most of the rides! We own at VDH, and this will be our second time staying at the new Disneyland Hotel tower. We will be making some dining reservations and hoping for the Fantastic packages to be released soon!

I'm bringing my 16 year old daughter and 8 year old son for 2-3 days in July. We had planned for just one day but with the new ticket deal we'll stay for two full days and a partial day. Well be in the area for my daughter's basketball tournaments and we need to get our Disneyland fix in! We're staying at the Fairfield July 16-18. Park days will be July 16 & 17 for sure. Our partial day with either be July 15 or 18, depends on her game schedule. I'm so excited! We haven't been to Disneyland since July 2022, also when she had a basketball tournament there.

Arriving Friday Jul 26 thru Tues July 30th, staying at a Standard Studio at the Disneyland Villas. It'll be me, my wife, and our 3 kids all 5 and under (5,2, 8 months). Not our first Disney or DLR rodeo, but our first with our third daughter.

I'm interested to see how the 3 day ticket deal that will go live later this month will work, if the promo will work that is, considering we plan on going Sat and Sun and are iffy on Monday.

We are also going to go to Legoland (Hotel) on Tues and then Legoland on Weds and flying back on Thursday.

Overall I'm excited but anxious about the flights and naps and stuff. But.. hard to have a bad time at DLR.

Arriving Friday Jul 26 thru Tues July 30th, staying at a Standard Studio at the Disneyland Villas. It'll be me, my wife, and our 3 kids all 5 and under (5,2, 8 months). Not our first Disney or DLR rodeo, but our first with our third daughter.

I'm interested to see how the 3 day ticket deal that will go live later this month will work, if the promo will work that is, considering we plan on going Sat and Sun and are iffy on Monday.

We are also going to go to Legoland (Hotel) on Tues and then Legoland on Weds and flying back on Thursday.

Overall I'm excited but anxious about the flights and naps and stuff. But.. hard to have a bad time at DLR.
We will also be there with a 1 year old, and "interesting experience" is the phrase we are using too! We also have a 5 year old, so it's more for him and the younger is along for the ride. We're also doing Legoland, but before DLR.

We always rope drop and do long midday breaks, whether we have napping kids or not, so that fits in really nicely to get the kids out of the parks for naps (for the younger ones) and a break (for everyone) during the highest crowd part of the day (and hottest). We usually have an early dinner and go back to the parks in the late afternoon/early evening.

We will also be there with a 1 year old, and "interesting experience" is the phrase we are using too! We also have a 5 year old, so it's more for him and the younger is along for the ride. We're also doing Legoland, but before DLR.

We always rope drop and do long midday breaks, whether we have napping kids or not, so that fits in really nicely to get the kids out of the parks for naps (for the younger ones) and a break (for everyone) during the highest crowd part of the day (and hottest). We usually have an early dinner and go back to the parks in the late afternoon/early evening.

Good luck to us ! We went last year with our oldest two girls who were then 4 and almost 2 and had a pretty good time. Very fun to see what new rides and experiences are now "open" to my oldest daughter as she hits the height mark. I've told my oldest daughter that if she hits 40" (she's on the low end of percentiles) it'll be a whole new world for her this time.

Coming from Chicago I am hoping that we can time out the naps accordingly and can get back to the hotel by 11 or so before the world collapses in front of our eyes. I might message you around the time we make it to Cali to see how Legoland was and if you have any tips, if you don't mind.

Good luck to us ! We went last year with our oldest two girls who were then 4 and almost 2 and had a pretty good time. Very fun to see what new rides and experiences are now "open" to my oldest daughter as she hits the height mark. I've told my oldest daughter that if she hits 40" (she's on the low end of percentiles) it'll be a whole new world for her this time.

Coming from Chicago I am hoping that we can time out the naps accordingly and can get back to the hotel by 11 or so before the world collapses in front of our eyes. I might message you around the time we make it to Cali to see how Legoland was and if you have any tips, if you don't mind.
Yes, feel free to message. It's difficult to plan for Legoland as there's not much out there other than some YouTube videos. We also come from Central Time, so take advantage like you do.

We weren’t going to do a trip this summer…..but just booked July 28-Aug 1. Lol. Ticket offer swayed us.

Tropicana and Camelot are having a sale on rooms. We got a fantastic rate for being so close to the parks.

I love going in summer so I’m excited. ☺️

Attachments

• 102E106F-8B9F-4676-80D5-C5E503800BCC.png
    102E106F-8B9F-4676-80D5-C5E503800BCC.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 4
After months on the refurb calendar, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is no longer showing as closed beginning Friday, June 21. This could be a glitch, so I will monitor over the coming days and report back. I am quite excited if it reopens before July, as our kids love it in there!
Do you know when the Winnie the Pooh ride will open? I saw on the app that the two stores in the area (maybe Pooh Corner?) are opening sometime in June. I guess I was thinking the ride would open with the stores.

I'm not sure if anyone is staying at CCI on their visit this summer, but I just checked our rates this morning, and they've gone down by $20/night saving us almost $100. This is the third price drop since we originally booked last year. If you have a reservation at CCI, check your rates.

Do you know when the Winnie the Pooh ride will open? I saw on the app that the two stores in the area (maybe Pooh Corner?) are opening sometime in June. I guess I was thinking the ride would open with the stores.
No idea, wish I knew. Rumor is August. I'm trying to be hopeful it will open for July.

This morning I made an ADR for Blue Bayou for 2:10pm on July 1st. I'm honestly not sure if I am going to keep it. I only booked it because Disney has not released any information about Fantasmic dining packages and someone on another thread recommended making an ADR for either Blue Bayou or River Belle Terrace. I was looking at the menu and nothing seems to wow me. What does everyone like to eat here? If we do keep it, I need to make sure we can all find something that we'll like. I've heard a lot about the Monte Cristo sandwich, but is it really worth $31?

My next question is about Fantasmic show times. I have our reservation booked for our first park day, but I was originally thinking we'd watch the fireworks in front of the castle that night. Can we watch Fantasmic and see the fireworks on the same night? We'll be back in DL on July 3rd and we could watch Fantasmic that night, too.

Any seasoned DL visitors have any advice?
Hi not a seasoned DL visitor but took the advice from others on here 2 years ago and did Fantasmic the first night (first show) and watched the fireworks from there. I had the same reaction to the menu for Blue Bayou. Nothing really wowed me or the family. So we did the the regular reservation with River Belle Terrace and requested the upgrade to the show when we got there. I thought the food offered at River Belle was more appealing and the kids enjoyed it.

That's our plan again for this year 8-)

Plus if you are able to get a front row seat for Fantasmic the water projections during the Fireworks is pretty neat.

Yes! There is a dining package for the Pixar parade. Someone recently posted a review on the Pixar Fest thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pixar-fest-april-26-august-4.3942359/post-65469535.

You can find the dining reservation by searching for your day and it has the Sonoma Terrace parade dining package option.

My personal advice is that it may be better to save the money for something else like Fantasmic or World of Color. In the past, seeing parades at DCA has been incredibly easy without a huge investment of time. The parade route is very long, the longest in any Disney park. With two parades running daily, it will probably be manageable to find a spot up front without having to wait too long.
Thank you! I just read their review. I think we are going to pass on the reservation for the parade to save money and do the World of Color desert party instead.

So we are summer Disney World regulars and know what to expect in terms of weather (hot, humid, rain). Is it still chilly in the am/pm in July at Disneyland or should we expect warmer temps all day? Summer packing for the world is pretty straightforward, wondering if we might still need some layers for DL or if it's warm all day in July. Thanks in advance... looking forward to experience Disneyland for the first time!
Hi! When we went 2 years ago the temp was around 80+ degrees with humidity. So hot and sticky by mid-day. Shorts and t-shirts work and a light sweater for when the sun goes down. We also did half days in the park. Going early in morning have lunch, head back to the hotel for a nap and then go back to the park around 3/4 pm.

It stays pretty warm for the entire month and usually doesn't rain. Plus if you aren't sitting for any shows/parades at night you shouldn't need a sweater.

Hi! Does anyone know if you can make a regular dining reservation at Plaza Inn and then request to upgrade for the parade, like you could do for Fantasmic at River Belle?
The menu options for the dining package are not appealing.
Thanks!

After months on the refurb calendar, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is no longer showing as closed beginning Friday, June 21. This could be a glitch, so I will monitor over the coming days and report back. I am quite excited if it reopens before July, as our kids love it in there!
An update on Redwood Creek. This has, in fact, dropped off the refurb calendar as of 6/21. As of 6/24 (the furthest out the calendar currently goes), nothing is under refurb at DCA and Pooh/HM/Tiana's/Lincoln at DL. July dates will start posting next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter