Paging ALL Single Digit People....

I leave on Friday. This is my 2nd chance at a vacation this year. I am going weather or no weather events.

Lets hope and pray that the Sunshine State lives up to her name!

I plan on leaving Monday, should arrive Tue. I will as long as they have elec/gas/food and I'm not in the way.

Spoke w/MIL last night - she & DH are still driving down to FL to MILs Melbourne house early Wed morn whether she has a house left in Melbourne or not. She knows people they can stay with if they need to.
They are still planning on picking up DS & myself at the airport Sat morn. I have the Caribbean Beach reserved for our last 2nights vaca (after VWL) in case MILs house is unliveable or there is still an evacuation in place.

We're flying down on Friday too and I'm just praying the bad weather stays away for our trip.

I feel so terrible for all of the Florida residents. :(

I am not worried about weather but wonder what will be there as for closed events ,rides ect. How much damage. They are not even done cleaning up and fixing things from last one. Also most important hope things fair well for the Florida residents and guests that are there now.

We are flying down Friday morning..........

We fly down Fridaynight. Anyone flying down from boston on 10/1. We might wait and see what is going on before we decide if we should cancel.

We leave this Wednesday a.m.-- right now we're just sitting tight seeing what happens in the Orlando/WDW area w/ Jeanne. As of right now we intend to go, however we can't be sure of course until this hurricane is over. It's a watch and see situation. For us it's either watch and wait in the fall or watch and wait in the winter as we get snow storms that will close the airport for 2-3 days at a time too. We'll just go w/ the flow and reschedule if need be.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that no damage is done and that next week is all clear of hurricanes too! My heart goes out to all Floridians who are dealing with these storms.

We were leaving tomorrow (Sunday) morning, but re-scheduled for Tuesday. We're driving from AL, so hopefully the roads will all be ok by then. Can't reschedule again - it's then or nothing. I am worried something else will come through while we're there - but it's just too hard to predict more than a few days out the way the storms move around! :confused3 I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

We'll be there next Saturday.

My DH has been on business travel for the past six weeks. He'll be home on Thursday. He leave three days after our trip for another six weeks!! So, there is no way I'm cancelling this vacation! I just want to spend some time with my DH. What better place than WDW? Even in a hurricane!!

We will be driving down on Sat. weather.com predicts good weather in Orlando next week-end. The only thing that concerns me is the damage being done this week-end! I was born and lived in Fla. until I was a teen. Sure glad I only go there to visit now! Were are you 2 from AL at? Did Ivan hurt you? We didn't get too much storming from it here in Huntsville.

Good weather for you vacations and all the Florida folks suffering from this weather.::yes::

I'm heading out on Saturday, 10/2. I am driving from SC to WDW, about a 7 hour journey.

Does anyone think there might be a problem finding gas on I-95? That is my only concern.

We're scheduled to leave Tuesday at 5:45am (what on earth was I thinking?), as long as MCO is reopened, we're still going.

Not worried about the weather. Any vacation we take, we take the sunshine along with us. I have great faith that this is the last of the hurricanes for Florida, residents have gone through toooooooo much already!

Dancing!!

:rotfl:

Leaving Saturday morning, taking the alternate route through Pensacola (2 additional hours), plan to arrive Sunday am.

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

YorkieMom,

We are leaving in the morning. I didn't realize the detour was 2 hours. DH said we just had to go around the bay. It is that big?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter