Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My partner and I just got engaged at Disneyland and are tossing around the idea of a Fairy Tale Commitment Ceremony. You have no idea how thankful I am I found this forum lol

Welcome UbIwerks! Having a Disney Fairytale Commitment Ceremony is a lot of fun!

If you want even more info on all things Disney Weddings related, head over to the Weddings and Honeymoons Forum of the DIS. They were an invaluable help for planning for us. :thumbsup2

And be sure to tell us all about your plans regardless! We'd love to hear all about them!:woohoo:

Thanks! Will do.

Its nice that this board seems to have a vocal Gay and Lesbian membership. I like it!:lovestruc

My partner and I just got engaged at Disneyland and are tossing around the idea of a Fairy Tale Commitment Ceremony. You have no idea how thankful I am I found this forum lol

That is so awesome! If you have any questions by all means ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Check out www.mouseweddings.com she has some great info on there and some more pictures of sites. The minimums are a little out of date, but not too much.

I just sorted through ceremony pix so I will try to post them tomorrow.

Im mostly curious as to budgetary issues as well as venue issues. I'm thinking GCH hotel for both the ceremony and the reception - The wedding garden (if they re-open it), and a cocktail reception in the courtyard followed by a dinner (where? I'm not in love with the conference rooms they offer and feel it would cost a fortune to decorate them adequately). Sooo much to think about...like how much will this all cost lol

Im mostly curious as to budgetary issues as well as venue issues. I'm thinking GCH hotel for both the ceremony and the reception - The wedding garden (if they re-open it), and a cocktail reception in the courtyard followed by a dinner (where? I'm not in love with the conference rooms they offer and feel it would cost a fortune to decorate them adequately). Sooo much to think about...like how much will this all cost lol

He wants your cash!
blog163.jpg

ALL OF IT!

Well I have a budget worksheet and some of the things they sent me. As soon as you have 10 posts send me a private message with your e-mail and I can forward those on to you.

Well then it's about time we moved on to the ceremony! Sorry, I was in Vegas this weekend, so haven't updated lately. I did get to watch the Beatles Cirque du Soleil show, Love, which I loved, because it was wonderful and I love the Beatles. So much so that I got to put one of their songs in the ceremony.

The Ceremony

ProWed_Ceremony_199_Piano_052409.jpg

So the piano starts playing "Canon in D" and it seems like this is going to be like any other wedding.

So let's pretend your sitting in the crowd, this is the way you would see us coming in.

ProWed_Ceremony_018_Patty_052409.jpg

My awesome friend Patty loves animals so much she refuses to eat them, and she's going to vet school in the Carribbean. She flew in on Friday and left Sunday night just to make this wedding.

ProWed_Ceremony_020_Joey_052409.jpg

Joey is one of Michael's brothers.

ProWed_Ceremony_021_Annette_052409.jpg

My other awesome friend Annette who's been putting up with me since college.

ProWed_Ceremony_025_Eric_052409.jpg

Another of Mike's brothers.

ProWed_Ceremony_027_Sandy_052409.jpg

My sister, who really is the best sister in the world. She played a big part in making my mom come around to her son being gay and also accepting Michael into the family.

ProWed_Ceremony_032_Tom_052409.jpg

Mike's best friend of 20 years. The stories I could tell you about him, oy.

ProWed_Ceremony_040_Luis_Michael_05.jpg

Next thing you know the piano and flute start to play Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue." You can't see us yet here because we haven't come around the corner yet.

ProWed_Ceremony_051_Luis_Michael_05.jpg

Walkind down the aisle you can tell the waterworks are coming.

ProWed_Ceremony_074_052409.jpg

It feels like it took forever to reach the front.

ProWed_Ceremony_086_Luis_Michael_05.jpg

ProWed_Ceremony_110_Luis_052409.jpg

Plenty of laughter throughout.

ProWed_Ceremony_160_RoseCeremony_05.jpg

ProWed_Ceremony_162_RoseCeremony_05.jpg

ProWed_Ceremony_166_RoseCeremony_05.jpg

We presented roses to our mothers during the ceremony. "Did I ever tell you're my Heo" is being played by the piano. Not a dry eye in the house.

ProWed_Ceremony_176_RingWarming_052.jpg

We also passed the rings around the audience and had a ring warming ceremony. We asked everyone to bless them with their positive energy and well wishes.

ProWed_Ceremony_215_Fans_052409.jpg

We made these program fans because we thought it might get a little warm.

ProWed_Ceremony_192_Stgeven_Liz_Tan.jpg

And it was a little warm and sunny, but don't you think the big hat and the parasol are a bit too much?

ProWed_Ceremony_124_Luis_Michael_Ri.jpg

The ring shot.

ProWed_Ceremony_105_Luis_Michael_05.jpg

The view from behind.

ProWed_Ceremony_159_Kathleen_Craig_.jpg

My coworkers and friends did the final reading. The apache wedding blessing. They've been married 25 years and one of her kidneys is in her husband. They're still goofy and in love after all these years, even if they occasionally want to strangle each other. I hope to be as lucky as them.

ProWed_Ceremony_205_girls_052409.jpg

Just like this shot of the girls.

ProWed_Ceremony_181_Crowd_052409.jpg

The Crowd.

ProWed_Ceremony_132_Luis_Michael_Ki.jpg

The Kiss

ProWed_Ceremony_139_Luis_Michael_Re.jpg

Cue "When I'm 64" from the Beatles and we make our exit.

Oh Gee - you almost melted my cold heart.:cloud9:
DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! :mad:

Oh Gee - you almost melted my cold heart.:cloud9:
DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! :mad:

I knew there was a soft spot in there.

Way in there.

Way down deep make a left at the gallbladder and drive for two hours in there, but it's in there.

I know what you mean about the wedding garden at the Grand. It looked great from the pix I saw. I also hear you about the rooms in that place. You'd think such a beautiful hotel would have nicer offerings for a party, but the conference rooms were just like plain boxes, I didn't care for them at all. I think the Grand Ballroom is nice, but I haven't been in there and that requires 200 guests minimum I think.

We loved it in the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion. If felt like we were floating in the trees the was the landscaping is done there.

The cost is definitely there, but this is Southern California. We found the cost to be pretty much in line with anywhere else in the area, and cheaper than some. Also the level of service we got from Disney was awesome. We hired as many outside vendors as we could, and our planner Kelly was really cool about working with them and telling them how to get where they needed to be and how to get there.

Definitely think about a lunch or brunch reception as the minimums are lower. Also if you're coming from out of town and a lot of your guests are you can have it on a weekday and those events have a lower overall minimum.

Luis,

The pictures of the ceremony are gorgeous!

I got all misty-eyed!

So beautiful, and you're both so in love, and it comes right out of the pictures.

Thanks again for sharing!

Luis,

Everything was so beautiful! I, too, love that shot of the girls... The colors were amazing - so gorgeous! :worship:

Luis, thanks for all the info and the great photos.

I am holding out judgement on the reception rooms at the GCH until I see them in person, but I think it will take a lot of flowers to make them warm and inviting enough for me. :)

As to cost, I actually feel like it will be cheaper for us to have our wedding at Disneyland. Living in San Francisco, everything costs a small fortune.

Do I have 10 posts yet? lol

Fantastic photos, and congratulations to you both. :)

Is it me, or do those trees in the background of fisheye "crowd shot" look like they're making a sort of silhouette of Sleeping Beauty Castle?

Fantastic photos, and congratulations to you both. :)

Is it me, or do those trees in the background of fisheye "crowd shot" look like they're making a sort of silhouette of Sleeping Beauty Castle?

THey really do, I hadn't noticed before. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that that on purpose knowing Disney!

Wow loved it, great photos, and you almost made me tear up a bit. Ain't you two such a cute couple btw....

I thought I would share a few of the portraits with you all. I won't bore you with all of them, but I am very pleased with the work our photographer did. I love having such great pictures of us and our friends and families.

ProWed_Portraits_023_Michael_LuisFa.jpg

That's us with my family.

ProWed_Portraits_083_MichaelFamily_.jpg

And his family.

ProWed_Portraits_088_MichaelBrother.jpg

Mike's mom really wanted a girls, so she kept trying. She ended up with 5 sons. (I think I got the best of the bunch)

ProWed_Portraits_091_WeddingParty_0.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_092_WeddingParty_0.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_100_WeddingParty_0.jpg

The entire wedding party.

ProWed_Portraits_106_Luis_Girls_052.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_104_Luis_Girls_052.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_117_Girls_052409.jpg

My girls rock.

ProWed_Portraits_111_Necklaces_Girl.jpg

Look at the size of those . . . . . necklaces. I actually got those for them at Macy's and they were perfect. They were the thing that tied all the outfits together. Not bad for $12 a piece.

ProWed_Portraits_112_Bouquets_Girls.jpg

Our florist's handiwork.

ProWed_Portraits_113_Annette_Bouque.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_114_Sandy_Bouquet_.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_115_Patty_Bouquet_.jpg

Pink squares, orange triangles, and yellow cicles. It's like an episode of Sesame Street, or a box of Lucky Charms.

ProWed_Portraits_122_Sacheille_Mick.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_124_Sachielle_0524.jpg

She is cute enough to almost make me want to have kids, almost.

ProWed_Portraits_152_LuisMichael_Hu.jpg

Love this picture of us.

ProWed_Portraits_169_Luis_Solo_0524.jpg

Ok, I hate pictures of me, but I love this one.

ProWed_Portraits_189_LuisMichael-1.jpg

Down by the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel.

ProWed_Portraits_200_LuisMichael_Wa.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_231_Fans_052409.jpg

the program fans we made.

ProWed_Portraits_218_RingBox_052409.jpg

ProWed_Portraits_227_RingBox_Rings_.jpg

The ring box I painted because I didn't want a pillow, but then I had to put a pillow inside anyway, ha! It was easier to pass the box around for the ring warming ceremony anyway.

ProWed_Portraits_215_Group_052409.jpg

I felt a little bad gathering everyone in the sun for a group picture, but I really wanted one.

Well, that will probably be it for a few day with pictures. I'm currently sorting through the reception and that is going to take me a good long while!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter