Our journey - DH has Pancreatic Cancer

Amy, just wondering how things are gong and wanted to let you know that prayers are wtih you all. :hug:

I am hoping Amy will update when she can, but for now I ask that you keep them both in your prayers.. I know that Mike is still battling and doing the very best he can....Amy as well.

Amy, I have read your journal entries, and as always keeping you and Mike in my prayers. :hug:

A lot has been going on here. Like Marsha said, Mike is still battling.

Mike was admitted to the hospital last week due to high blood sugar, dehydration, and vomiting. It basically came down to releasing him to come home as there was really nothing else they could do for him. That was on Friday.

This morning around 2:30-3:00 am Mike started vomiting blood. The first time I thought it was a fluke but after the second time I got really upset and worried. I called my mom in tears about it and she said she was on her way. A few minutes later my dad called and walked me thru moving the van and calling 911. I had a hard time not crying into the phone on that one. We are very close to the ambulance company and hospital, so the wait was not too long. His BP was low and pulse high.

The thought is that he may have a small rip in his esophagus. He is on meds to help stop the bleeding, Vit K, anti nauseas, Reglan, ect. They had to start a second IV because the port will need to be used for the TPN and there is a chance he will need to have a blood transfusion. They also need to keep the meds running that help stop the bleeding.

So it is scary right now. Mike has been sleeping all day which he desperately needs. I am going to wait and see what his next BP is and then decide if I am going to go home or stay here for the night. My mom already plans on keeping Erin and Austin is going to a friends house. Poor guy said he just cannot stand to see his dad this way and cannot come to the hospital. I am not pushing it, but he is going to have to come around sooner or later.

Amy:

I'm so sorry that Mike is having such a difficult time. I know how hard this is for you. My heart goes out to you both and your family.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Marilyn

Amy, you & Mike remain in my prayers. I hope Mike improves quickly.
Make sure you take care of yourself too. God bless.

Amy,

I have just found your thread and wanted you to know that I have raised you and Mike up to Lord Jesus Christ in prayer. I prayed for Mike's health and your strength as you support him.

Steve

Amy, please know that there are many people praying for you and Mike... Keep us in the loop when you have a second. Hugs my friend...stay strong.

Mike had an ok night. He was up every half hour or so spitting up blood. It has tapered down and is not as thick. His BP slowly is coming up and it is now 90/62. Of course the blood sugar is up again and I am wondering if they are adding the insulin to the bag. I did not have that issue Friday night when he was home with me and his blood sugar was 170 an hour after the TPN ended. Something is not right there.

I am sitting in the waiting room now as they are already doing the endoscopy on him. I was surprised it was so early. I know his parents weren't up yet but I called them to let them know and they will be up later.

I'll try to post later and let you know what we found out.

Please keep Amy and Mike in your prayers......I know her time is spent being with him at the hospital, I just ask that we keep them lifted up...

Like Marsha said, we are dealing with a lot right now.

We know the cause of the bleeding was an ulcer. They have gotten that stopped and we are waiting to hear if the biopsy they took has cancer cells in it. I am honestly expecting it. It just seems we cannot catch a break. On top of that, Mike has a yeast infection on his esophagus, a nasty blood infection, and major swelling in his legs. Put these together and it just sounds like bad news.

Mike is much more alert both yesterday and today. It is a relief compared to how he was Sun and Mon. He actually got up and took a shower today and I know that made him feel a thousand times better.

We have talked and we now know hospice is going to be the right thing to check in to. I am closing my daycare now to spend my time with him and help in caring for him. We are going to have to dip into retirement savings to help get us by, but that is the least of my worries.

Amy I just found this thread and want to offer my prayers and support for yourself, Mike and your family. Cancer changes your life in so many ways and pancreatic cancer is particularly nasty. My mom had this form and i can only hope and pray that God holds you both in his palm while this unfolds.

Amy,
I have read your update on caring bridge and have tears for you and Mike. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Allie

I read the update on the Caring Bridge site as well.

I wish for your days to be filled with love of friends and family, and some peace as you continue the journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter