Our first magical trip - Complete

Isila I love the trip report!! Your DS looks like he's having the best time ever!!

I have to say I'm extremely jealous that you saw Peter Pan in Café Mickey (he never came upstairs :sad1: whilst we were there), he's my favourite (along with Tarzan) ;)

Wonderful photos! :goodvibes

Tic or Tac almost missed us, because he was just few tables away when "happy birthday" music started. so he grabed two spoons and rushed to that table... I thought he won't return but sometime later he came from the other side. And spent lots of time showing his spoon to a lady with a camera and it was hilarious moment :lmao: he would show his spoon straight into the camera and put it so close to it and then go back and do it again. He poked my DS with his spoon and pretended it wasn't him :lmao:

and Peter Pan was amazing and pretty :rotfl::lovestruc

Fantastic trip report! and such lovely photos - both your smiles say just how happy you were! Looking forward to more

Fourth day - 16 March

After long day I was thinking we won't be able to make it into par by 8, but probably the excitement was still there and we had no problem getting up around 7am. Had breakfast, didn't care about the characters and we were at the gates just before 8am.
DSC_0537.jpg
DSC_0530.jpg

And off to the Buzz. NO queue at all. It was silent, no people, empty. Just us an another couple. WOW what a feeling. We even didn't have to queue for another ride. Staff just opened magical door and we were back at the beginning. Four rides in a row as always...

Then we headed for the Peter Pen ride. And it 3 times in a row - again, no real queue. DS said he will do Peter Pan until we get to sit in front of the ship. I kindly asked staff to do that :lmao:
DSC_0547.jpg

Then we did Dumbo, carousel, tea cups... Buzz again... And then we went to Nautilus. DS got scared, again he was thinking of Armagedon - dark, scary noises :headache: but I told him to be brave and there was nothing to be afraid of. I was right. But for him it was - RUN TO THE EXIT :scared1: Oh well...
DSC_0569.jpg
DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

And then we headed to Star tours. Again - DS began to think it was scary. I told him the noises were just because some dumb robots pushed the wrong button and now they are trying to hide what they did. He loved the idea. So, were in space sthuttle, DS is holding my hand, lights go out, the trip begins, I look at my DS and I see a happy, excited face. He loved the ride. Just as it was over he began to tell we should hurry up for another shuttle ride... After fifth time it was no more for me. I do love star wars, but this was too much. I promised we would go back.
DSC_0610.jpg
DSC_0612-1.jpg

It was time for parades and we were lucky to meet Donald, Daisy, Tac and many many more. After one parade while waiting for another we headed to Caysey's corner for another delicious hot dog and some fries. And ice cream too - the weather was just great. The best on our trip.
DSC_0632.jpg
DSC_0637.jpg
DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0649-1.jpg
DSC_0653.jpg
DSC_0660-1.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg

After the parade we went to Autopia, but the queue was 45mins and DS didn't want to wait. We just took a picture.
DSC_0603.jpg

DS asked for another ride on ships. So we went to Fantasyland. At first we checked Casey Jr. and again - 45mins. DS said no. The fairy tale ship ride (don't know the name) had like 3 min queue, so DS was more then happy. Did it twice in a row.
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Then again it's a small world. 15 min wait.
Finally we went to Alice's labyrinth. It was fun but way too crowded. I hated some people using "downstairs" to go upstairs. Can't they read? There were signs!!! There were a lot lot so happy people around because we were stuck in the castle. Somebody said something and we finally were able to go out.
DSC_0069.jpg

DS wanted to walk around, see pirates island again and we did it. And he decided to have some fun.
DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

This was the moment I told him to show on what he was sitting.
DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

It a must picture for a boy, right?
DSC_0173.jpg

Time flew by and we went to Walt's for our 15.45 reservation. Oh, I forgot to mention we did change our meal time, because our friends went for the 10.30 breakfast and 12.00 lunch wasn't the best idea.
DSC_0195.jpg

And it was the best meal of our trip. Delicious, wonderful service, and wonderful restaurant. Just great. Wanna look what we had? I was thinking about Salmon, but instead I had this.
DSC_0205-1.jpg

DS was more then happy to get his french fries and chicken served in Mickey shaped plate.
DSC_0204.jpg

I did have my cocktail - the new generation one. And yes, I asked for a souvenir glass.
DSC_0206-1.jpg

And dessert was just delicious. I had the same cake I had in Rainforest cafe. But it's my favorite one. It's soooooo good, so delicious. Ok, I want one now... Just look at the pic.. Where am I to get one now????
DSC_0209-1.jpg

I gave ice cream to my DS. He even didn't let me try it. He did finish it all, so I'm guessing it was good :lmao:

After our meal it was like 5 mins to Dream parade. We rushed out and found a lovely spot just in front of Walt's. Watched the parade and went for Buzz... oh Buzz...

Then we were off to videopolis too watch some cartoons. Ds loved it and this was the moment I understood how tired after all I was. I almost fell asleep, my feet hurt and I just didn't want to get up. But we had to. We went to see Aladdin and then do some shopping. Oh shopping - so many nice things. DS got himself a little Stich and we got little Bolt for other DS(he's favorite, DS just loved the dog and now is taking him to bed. As we gave him the toy, he cried out "Doggy doggy doggy doggy", grabbed it and didn't let go). I also bought pyjamas Cars style for both of my boys, some souvenirs, Mickey earrings for myself.
Then took some pictures of Disneyland park with all the lights on and headed back to HNY. I felt sad - our last evening.

Back at the hotel DS asked for swimming pool, so we went. DS had lots of fun, because he had kids pool only for himself.

Then back to our room to start packing. And there was what to pack - we got many thins. It seemed just a little when buying everyday. We did get picture album with Disneyland paris 2011 and Mickey, we bought a storybook with Disney stories (Aladdin, beauty and the beast, cinderella, Sleeping beauty, little mermaid, aristocats, lady and the tramp etc). Wonderful, beautiful and heavy book :lmao: We had Buzz guns for both DS, Toy story figurine set... oh my...

DS took a bubble bath while I was packing and then watched cartoons. This was the first night I did sleep well, but dreamed about DLP :lmao:

Oh my Isila, what a fabulous first trip report :cloud9: - I'm guessing your DS will be going with you again?

we will go, I doubt we can make it this year, so I'm thinking next year in March again. :goodvibes

oh yes, HNY was wonderful. perfect. It was first time I stayed in a hotel like this. I mean at such a good hotel. Only best reviews for HNY.

Oh what a great trip report - lots of fab photos! Your son looked like he had a great time!! Magical memories- :wizard: Thanks for sharing.:)

Fifth day - March 17

Got up early that morning. Last things to pack, early breakfast and check out. It did feel very sad. I didn't want to leave. It was like - oh well, lets do one more night :lmao:

DSC_0043-1.jpg

It was first morning as we arrived at the get before 8am. and it was closed :lmao::rotfl: So we were almost the first ones to enter - feels great!!!
DSC_0039.jpg

First we we rushed was Buzz laser blast. Again we were lucky - just us and the magical door. Did it three times in a row. A very happy DS.

And off to Peter Pan we were. No queue. And oh we ere "lucky" - we got stuck just at the entrance to the bedroom. As I told in my highs and lows, after 10 min waiting, we moved and again got stuck hanging above London. Lucky us - just in front of extra stairs and exit. DS got scared. I wasn't so happy because after the lights went on - the magic disappeared... It took time till we got off and again it wasn't goo and I wasn't pleased. It was our last hours in DLP and I didn't want to waste it hanging stuck in a boat above Lodon :rotfl:

After that we did tea cups, carousel and yes.. back to Buzz again...
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg

Buzz was our last ride. While shooting DS kept saying "good buy robots, good bye buzz..." Sad :sad2:

We could see park getting ready for St.Patrick's day and it was getting packed. It was busiest morning. And the weather was bad - cold, windy. And I had all warm stuff packed in our suitcase :sad2:

As we came back to the castle we saw something we haven't done yet - there was a horse!!! So this was our last ride.
DSC_0069-1.jpg

It was packed at the entrance. Minnie dressed in green, huge lines for pictures... We rushed to last minute shopping not to feel so sad. And then it was -run to HNY ezyshuttle is already waiting :lmao::lmao:

We made it, the lady was already there, got our bags, picked friend and her DS at Santa Fe and off to CDG waving goodbye to DLP.

Got lost in CDG :lmao: forgot I still was wearing Minnie ears and my friend even didn't see it - we got used to it :lmao:

Long check in line... But we had time. Then we got lost again trying to find our gates.. There was a mistake done at the check in - they told everybody wrong gate number :eek: and announced about it 10 min before boarding. So we had to find the new gates.
Flight Paris-Ryga was 3hours, but felt shorter.

We again had 2h25min wait for our flight to Kaunas from Ryga. Kids watched cartoons, we discussed our trip. Felt strange.

50min to Kaunas was like 5 min flight!!!

We landed, got our bags. DS rushed to my mom waiting to pick us up. And it was it - we were back home.

You know, my DS has problems speaking, he doesn't speak like kids of his age have to so we do everything to encourage him to speak, learn pronounce words correctly.. But that evening I was amazed - on our way back to home from airport he didn't shut up: he was speaking, telling where he has been, what has he done and seen. And I was sooooooo totally happy. This trip really did have impression on DS.

Thank you for reading my TR :surfweb:

What a fab trip report and an amazing trip! :goodvibes

Your DS looks so so happy in pics, I'm sure he will be chattering away about it for months :)

Where did you find the details for your evening Paris trip?? I've been looking all over and can't find anything and its something I'd love to do :lovestruc

Aw it is finished - I have really enjoyed reading it and looking at your photos! Some amazing Disney Magic with your son's speech - my friend has a little boy with Autism and Disneyland Paris was the best holiday she has ever had as her son had such a good time and smiled all of the time he was there (very rare for him!).

Thank you so much for sharing!

What a fab trip report and an amazing trip! :goodvibes

Your DS looks so so happy in pics, I'm sure he will be chattering away about it for months :)

Where did you find the details for your evening Paris trip?? I've been looking all over and can't find anything and its something I'd love to do :lovestruc

I found it in brochure, the winter one. It had details, prices and discounts (the best part :lmao:).
If you're thinking about doing it - have no doubt. It's worth it. Kids can have a nice sleep ( all kids in our bus slept :lmao: . On our way back some grown ups too )

Aw it is finished - I have really enjoyed reading it and looking at your photos! Some amazing Disney Magic with your son's speech - my friend has a little boy with Autism and Disneyland Paris was the best holiday she has ever had as her son had such a good time and smiled all of the time he was there (very rare for him!).

Thank you so much for sharing!

I think it's the magic. I was so happy when DS finally pronounced Disneyland correctly. But he still says "Mickey Mickey" instead of Mickey Mouse :lmao: He has a special name for Buzz and it really took some time for him to call Buzz "Buzz" :lovestruc

And DS was really happy. The other day there was Peter Pan in Neverland on TV and DS cried out "I know him. It's Peter. Those were the ships we were flying and got stuck. And I've got pictures with pirates" :laughing:

Oh, and you at the start of Disney movies you can see the castle? DS was watching another day and muttering to himself "I've seen this, I know this, I've been there. But there was no river. Why there was no river. I didn't see a river. Where is this?..." :hug:

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks for writing it :goodvibes

What a wonderful trip report, thank you for sharing. Some of us old timers can become quite jaded, but your report was a great reminder of how great the resort can be with new eyes.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

This is a truly wonderful trip report, first timers are my favourites I think :rotfl: I had been so looking forward to hearing about your trip after all your planning, and it sounds like it couldn't have been better.
Amazing about your son's speech afterwards as well - that's pixie dust :wizard:
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.

I still think it was so great because I found you all and did help so much and it couldn't be better. So thanks to you now there are two more DLP addicts already planing next years trip :lmao:

I really enjoyed reading this - thank you for sharing your first trip and also all your lovely photos.

Happy planning for next year! :wizard: :wizard:

What a fantastic TR. It was a very good 1st trip and great that your son's speech is coming along good.
we're here to help :) :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter