Our Disneyland & GCV TR:or walking in circles for 8 days with AussieKaren.

Karen's TR Poll

• Is this poll just awesome or really awesome

• More awesome is needed

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, so you know how cold it was....what warms your heart..thats right...booze!

so we tried the port flight at CA.....awesome...with cheese platter..$17 well spent

FpJbmGul.jpg

then I thought I'd try the frozen margaritas.....and then go on the rides...
oh my side..

akH1VZsl.jpg

DcoVg1zl.jpg

JA2qAwQl.jpg

Br8OPgpl.jpg

UvhPhSpl.jpg

GdmV1Nml.jpg

OmvNEOfl.jpg

now I dont know whether it was the cold that froze my smile like that or I was just having fun....spooky isnt it....

jrvGMZwl.jpg

my responsible adult...oh dear

vJcS6opl.jpg

SK0jppil.jpg

and who can forget Mickeys wheel of doom, hurl and death......

great night was had by all:dance3::dance3:

yep...so after the fun of port, margaritas, snacks etc etc we then went for "dinner"....

DV1PnI7l.jpg

7ggGDuMl.jpg

obCBdAll.jpg

yep.... Disney is all about the food!

seriously..we walked thru the castle and went...WTH??? what is this???? oh dear....maybe I should have gotten a map...it was that dang matterhorn, it kept turning us right..

so heres a few excited first time shots.....

qyLmrxrl.jpg

rTbdtZxl.jpg

hNlgr1Cl.jpg

0g71GF8l.jpg

QMINPGil.jpg

BDarONdl.jpg

j9FVzebl.jpg

m4OGDKdl.jpg

QWMNd8Wl.jpg

71jS5Jzl.jpg

shame we found it so late in the game......oh well..next time

yep...final day there and i had planned so much because we had found half of DL the day before:rotfl:...and this happened..

g1dGXbyl.jpg

qlD8wZAl.jpg

tiFU4mKl.jpg

HPOWCJhl.jpg

3tqdwIsl.jpg

yep..it hailed.........

once the weather had calmed down we went for gold....trying to do and see as much as humanly possible.....

UroxE4fl.jpg

thank god IASW was closed...what a shame

6Dk9qYSl.jpg

Pzl3MJxl.jpg

v18PGaul.jpg

AUs8ZkHl.jpg

now this face I should have realized he wasn't quite up to the task...but as a trooper he didn't say a word and just soldiered on.....
rWuHTKzl.jpg

OTPtDDZl.jpg

YKdx7BTl.jpg

QMp74EIl.jpg

SoQuE8Zl.jpg

re11Cwbl.jpg

dZUTFSXl.jpg

and here is DH going out that night to get my earl of sandwich roll...while I finish packing
8xknM1Pl.jpg

if only I knew just how sick he was.....poor man:sick:

So after DH being sick as I've ever seen him all night..we have to check out, catch the bus to the airport, check into a LAX hotel for 8 hrs then 15 hr flight home that night....

8kHnbJIl.jpg

my poor man with all our bags...

and to make it worse, I got the hotels mixed up and had the bus driver drop us off at the hotel.....but it was the WRONG HOTEL!!!!!! so we then had to catch a cab around the corner to the right one..when all DH wanted to do was die......poor guy...

so after he slept the afternoon and early evening we caught the shuttle to LAX , checked in and waited for our flight..

8X1uyXTl.jpg

this picture says it all......poor guy...

the Qantas flight home was brill, nearly as good as coming over and DH slept most of it so that was great. We were once again top deck, exit row...so worth the extra $$$$.........

So summing up....Disneyland totally blew us away..but the weather really played havoc with our plans...but we will be back..just maybe during a warmer month....and we have booked the same seats on Qantas for this sept......happy dance..

Oh I forgot to mention the GCH has nursing staff on site, they sent up a care package for DH and would have gotten him to the hospital etc if he got worse during the night.....so I slept on the fold out bed and IT WAS THE MOST COMFY SOFA BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON!!! so maybe in future I'll sleep on Disney's sofa beds.......thumbs up mickey!

It looks reall weird you being at DL that rugged up glad you enjoyed it except for the sickness bit:)

Love your TR, thanks for completing it. Even when the weather is lousy DL is still magical isn't it?

Thanks so much for waking up in the wee hours of the morning to complete this TR, Karen. That is such a kind and thoughtful gesture....just so that we can have our early morning entertainment with breakfast.

Sounds like you had a great time at DL; despite finding the back half of the park on day 6...or was that 7?

Here's to the next trip. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for waking up in the wee hours of the morning to complete this TR, Karen. That is such a kind and thoughtful gesture....just so that we can have our early morning entertainment with breakfast.

Sounds like you had a great time at DL; despite finding the back half of the park on day 6...or was that 7?

Here's to the next trip. :goodvibes

I really dont know what I was thinking...tinsy castle = tinsy park minus major attractions.....yep not too bright!

it never occurred to us to meander thru.....I dont know why i thought it was all closed....I...KID...YOU...NOT!

but was very exciting when discovered :lmao:

it never occurred to us to meander thru.....I dont know why i thought it was all closed....I...KID...YOU...NOT!

I think you were experiencing the reverse of how I felt when I first got to Magic Kingdom.

I kept thinking.....where's the rest of the rides? MK just seems a couple of rides short compared to DL; even though it covers more land mass.
Although, I don't think I will be saying that for too much longer because of the new Fantasyland expansion.

You crack me up! :rotfl2:

Thanks for finishing this, it's been a great read on a Friday afternoon.

Oh, I was on the phone to DH when I was reading some of it and I got so excited when I read how comfy the VGC sofa bed is I almost blurted out that the boys will be comfy on it :scared1: Oops!

seriously..we walked thru the castle and went...WTH??? what is this???? oh dear....maybe I should have gotten a map...it was that dang matterhorn, it kept turning us right..

shame we found it so late in the game......oh well..next time

To quote you..."Oh my side". You've had me in tears..of laughter:rotfl2:. It's a wonder you were able to find the front gates of DL and CA from GCV. :stir:

To quote you..."Oh my side". You've had me in tears..of laughter:rotfl2:. It's a wonder you were able to find the front gates of DL and CA from GCV. :stir:

This was us most of the trip.......so yep I'm surprised we did find the things we did...8 days just wasnt enough for the directionaly challenged amongst us!

l6irgKMl.jpg

Just read start - finish ? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So which do you prefer? WDW or DL?

I prefer WDW. Admittedly I've spent most of our time at WDW and the week we did spend at DL was at the end of a tiring trip. I'm giving it a go again in Oct/Nov. 7 days to enjoy DL and all of Carsland. :drive:

Great reading Karen. :thumbsup2. I have been to DL 4 times but they have been 2 x in May & 2 x in Aug, so seeing it in cold weather is really different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter