Our Disneyland & GCV TR:or walking in circles for 8 days with AussieKaren.

Karen's TR Poll

• Is this poll just awesome or really awesome

• More awesome is needed

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Splash Mountain was down for maintenance again? It was only down 2 years ago when we were there, and they closed the whole Critter Country land, so we also didn't get to go on Winnie the Pooh.

You like rickety Space Mountain? Try Paris :rotfl:

DH and I had to rug up in jackets and beanies and scarves when we were in Anaheim in Feburary. You were lucky to have t-shirt weather some days!

I wonder when RSR will become a normal sort of wait time, or at least when people won't have to actually line up to get fastpasses... seems like a lot of work!

I'm really not keeping count....how many of the challenge items did you knock off?

Great pics and mental montages. :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing.

Leaving DH tucked up nice and warm in his bed, I venture out and about to explore Hollywood land for the first time........EMH .....no one for coo-ee.....so nice they opened the park just for me..

GNNjoiQl.jpg

NP19JYnl.jpg

PsaDj1Jl.jpg

Tw256JAl.jpg

rupirjgl.jpg

3l0F1C4l.jpg

WwNYlrTl.jpg

o73QpGol.jpg

1BxXUKCl.jpg

Hc9NyDdl.jpg

TC0bsTil.jpg

With there being no crowds, i could take my time and just linger over the finer details.....

That's how the Muppets was for us! It was like it was open just for us ::yes::

All caught up-sounds idyllically relaxing. Probably even more so compared to being back in the real world at the start of term.

Did I miss the rest of Karen's TR?
I checked out the TR forum but cannot find it...very sad as I am enjoying the adventure. Come back Karen!

I talked about the flight...the accom...the mickey wheel of hurl and death...i think I may need to go back and have a look at where I'm up too....BRB:rotfl2:

Well as you have gathered we were there when LA was a tad freezing...and I think both the DH and I are NOT cold weather tourists...heres an example of DH's face that was a regular fixture....

1NmECSVl.jpg

I had to keep reminding him to smile....he said he would, when his face defrosted...

2WhlNPrl.jpg

There ya go...not too painful after all.....so we get on the big boat..the crowds were light as, but this guy was pushing his kid with ice cream into MY BACK pushing me up the gangplank..i think due to the cold I was a tad more aggressive than normal and I did turn and I did tell him to stop it in no uncertain terms...here's a pic of the guilty party (kid , mum and guy in jeans)...seriously people its a boat that goes no where and everyone has a great view...so dude, you have now been named and shamed on aussiekarens TR....live with the shame..but funny thing, the kid complained cause she coouldnt see as everyone was around the sides and she was on her perch up the back...HA!:rotfl2:

f5ByBjRl.jpg

so back to the cruise...was great to just take everything in...

ERzwQBZl.jpg

and of course my croc boots were AWESOME>>>>

bX1J9Bbl.jpg

and heres proof it was a little bit cold...

FpvoEVwl.jpg

and heres a pic of the happy couple......

UvPPAgql.jpg

Now as we went around we noticed a lot of construction work being done in the playground and various places....so during the off season we do notice that there are a fair few things closed for reno....great time re crowds..not so good for the rides....

So, we have never ever ever had earl of sandwich.....but the great thing being at GCV is its 4.75 mins walk fro my door to the land of yummy yummy goodness.....why have I never found this haven of mouth watering goodness before..I blame you!

OG3YBuTl.jpg

6P5GKpal.jpg

so nice...so warm...so much bok choi.....oh earl, why!!!

VWDZHsdl.jpg

Downtown Disney at DL isnt as good IMO as WDW, but dang near close popcorn::

DTD has the biggest Disney store I think I have had the misfortune to allow DH into....if they don't have it...the Mouse hasn't thought of it yet....

some of his finer pieces...

xFIcq2kl.jpg

vimV9Pll.jpg

5002TrAl.jpg

MAdo57Ol.jpg

GX7w5Hrl.jpg

WtiCMQhl.jpg

yes you can tell I have grand daughters...

mTV5zdql.jpg

YOVrOX8l.jpg

kLK43VSl.jpg

CQYPWv7l.jpg

wxK9Rexl.jpg

so really as you can see, the mouse has an amazing knack of extracting $$$$ from my account with a smile....dang you mouse and your wicked ways!

We kissy kissy loved this part of the park...after we discovered it day 5 :rotfl2::rotfl2: seriously we didnt know this part of the park existed...and I thought haunted mansion was a shop for nearly a week...

best coffee ever........but even better was this!

rJ2Fzc3l.jpg

and the tiny drinks they give you.....

1LyGi5Ql.jpg

to wash down these

s8fpxBfl.jpg

and hidden around the corner is a cute little area......which is perfect for those romantic type shots...if you feel so inclined..i just wanted to get warm ....

5h3NoiFl.jpg

But here are some pics during the day.......

RCVC7mvl.jpg

lbDKw9dl.jpg

the only thing that was a tad annoying was the "fake" railway crossing ding ding bl&$dy ding....it got to the stage i'd be chatting then add "ding ding" at the end of each sentence...although that skill has done me well in my trip to melbourne and the trams..ding ding....ahh trams:flower3:

FymNI5tl.jpg

anyway,the coffee place was never crowded, really bad cover for when it rains might explain it..but we loved this area.And here's another reminder why..

rJ2Fzc3l.jpg

So, hungry, cold, tired and its 5 .30 pm..so old people time for dinner....I'm hungry, DH is cold, hungry and annoyed he cant use the pool...so what to do???? That's right..head for the buffet!

Ok so not the cheapest option, but he was happy, I was happy and that didnt mean I had to go back to DTD in the cold to get something to eat...

yr0fUgsl.jpg

me taking my lactese...what a life saver they are :thumbsup2

bbpmybFl.jpg

GomleHrl.jpg

now there was more on my plate but as previously mentioned...we were HUNGRY!!!!!! and the locals were looking at us funny taking snaps of my food...go figure:confused3

Has 2 big fireplaces, but we lucked out and were by the window and servers station...and the tables are wedged in a tad..every time I wanted to go back to the buffet (numerous) I had to mountain climb over the woman behind me who refused to pull her chair in...seriously you don't need to sit 4 feet from the table sweetie....just don't get between me and the food.

The service was a tad ratty, slow and a bit offhanded but then all over us when he gave us the bill...so minimum tip for you my dear!

It was great for lunch but wouldn't go back for dinner again..so many better & cheaper places @ DTD.

So, we line up....all pumped....yep that's about it... theming was great but I just couldn't get the whole ride...like dinosaur at WDW but not.....oh and the snakes...really...hello??? seriously this park is trying to kill me..first the wheel of hurl and death, then scare me with nature. Hate nature..

but we got some great shots of the line....

SKJEubbl.jpg

7fpLgzNl.jpg

hxOvDPkl.jpg

he's happy...he's warm :lmao:

4spIah0l.jpg

YvxNurEl.jpg

daWKYecl.jpg

z33CNAHl.jpg

Once again Disney out did themselves with the theming....shame the ride scared me the other halfway to death...

So after 8 trips to WDW I think my brain expects things to look the same at DLR...thus the confusion re: "The Mansion".....you know the one...so imagine my surprise and delight when I stumbled across it in one of my early morning solo wanderings......I was so excited when I got back to the room and told DH I had found the other half of the park that I thought wasn't there...I didnt need a map :rotfl2::rotfl2: how different was it to WDW MK??

So entered the gates of The Mansion...and they shut them behind me with a clang.....this didn't happen at WDW....is it closed??...how do i get out??...bugger bugger bugger...... I didn't want to ride it alone just in case it had snakes and the carriages swung 400 ft above the ground..you can never tell, he's a sneaky mouse this one....my poor heart couldn't cope with any more......

jfGhSYdl.jpg

oh god the gates are closed.....

YoEmMCPl.jpg

UMsrDDZl.jpg

then this lovely pair of CM's let me out the grannie gate.....
JFCCzHVl.jpg

I need a wee lie down talking about it........man I'm lucky I left DL alive...

Mickeys wheel of doom, hurl and death
Raiders of my time with death by snake
Matterhorn of disappointment (but a great ride to dry my hair)
The mansion ((((shudder)))))

Wait.. Matterhorn didn't want me dead..unless boring me to death is a death.. OK add it back to the list.....

1.wheel nearly killed me
2.raiders nearly killed me
3.Matterhorn nearly killed me
4.the mansion locked me in and nearly scared the other half of me to death...

So really, do i sense a theme here??? anyone????

3OCqcl.jpg

Here's my watch...its not a pony but its kinda like a pony.

oh I forgot to mention...this!!!!
qiJD0zhl.jpg

yep..its official.

So during my many solo wanderings in the early am...I found this little gem...so took the DH back to do it..awesome...:cloud9:

MqQEV4Dl.jpg

r0crwPOl.jpg

qzMoHqjl.jpg

yWWFfuel.jpg

was great and we really enjoyed sitting in the foyer watching the cartoons on the big screens..take the time to go and have a look...

Never been up the one at wdw before so this was a treat..the view was great and the theming was once again spot on (except the guy throwing plastic snakes at people below)..be warned......great little workout as well...

QFtsgMXl.jpg

xCkpd01l.jpg

dg1QXU4l.jpg

rsi1Xnbl.jpg

eKciFMVl.jpg

NWlmipgl.jpg

Kzy4GAul.jpg

NFevqzel.jpg

G44ani0l.jpg

3DHtfLCl.jpg

tM1VDohl.jpg

HyKs8Nal.jpg

6aSc0aHl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter