• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other collections?

I have a pretty good pin collection and have just started with snowglobes...I have two.:lmao: But, so far, I love the ones I have..I've decided that I don't care if they're small or big...I go by if I think it's different. The big one in the pic is a Disneystore exclusive..just bought it tonight. The globe lights up and the snow blows automatically. It plays "When You Wish Upon a Star" .The smaller one I bought on my last trip.
canonsx110015.jpg

Well since I love seeing everyone else's stuff I thought I'd post some pictures of mine! I don't have too many pictures on the computer but believe me I have much more! ;)

One of my Disney Precious Moments...I have 2 others and would have a lot more if only they weren't so expensive!
100_2753.jpg

I also love the pins. Since I like to be crafty, I made a couple of displays for them out of scrapbooking paper and foam board. :) Again, I have a lot more pins than just these. :rolleyes:

I thought these retro style pins were so cool.
n20305212_34575185_5929.jpg

100_2898.jpg

Pressed pennies...
100_2181.jpg

Keep the pictures coming!

You've got a fun collection! And I have to say these frames are so cute. What a fun idea...I may have to do that myself. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much.

I also love your creation to hold your pins. I think I may have to borrow that idea as well for my pins.

Thanks for the great idea!!! :thumbsup2

Wow! What a wonderful collection CajunQT102!! I loved all of your big snowglobes. It is fun to see the ones we have in common, but you also have so many that I do not have. I like the way you have everything displayed.

I also love your homemade Disney picture frames. I recognize the scrapbook 3-D stickers you used. I have those as well, but I never thought about using them on a frame. Great idea!!!

WOW! Mickey2000 that room looks like sooooo much fun. Your granddaughter is a very lucky little girl.

I have way too much stuff I collect everything Disney I have a collection of watches I have a Nightmare Before Christmas collection, a Steppin out Mickey collection, a snow dome collection, a park map collection. Pin collection and so on and so on. Most of my collections are not on display I try to rotate some but a lot of it is on shelves in my attic

The first 9 photo's are my workroom the rest are the living room

P3200196.jpg

P3200197.jpg

P3200198.jpg

P3200199.jpg

P3200200.jpg

P3200201.jpg

P3200202.jpg

P3200203.jpg

P3200204.jpg

P3200205.jpg

P3200206.jpg

P3200207.jpg

P3200208.jpg

Makes me want to get my stuff out of storage. If I ever get my new house I am prepared to make a Disney room. But mainly I collect hand painte seri-cels, snow globes, pins and a whole bunch of stuff from the 999 happy haunts events. Some month I will remember this post and put in some pics. :thumbsup2

We got it in one of the gift shops on main street in the Magic Kingdom not long after Mickey's Philharmagic opened. I think we paid $125 but they are on eBay for a lot less a friend of mine bought one a few months ago for $30 on eBay

Very nice collection!

I must ask where the above print (?) came from, when you got it, etc. because I've never seen it before. It's great! Naturally I'm a fan of Sorcerer Donald; my signature announces that fact quite well. ;)

I got this print for free for staying on property ...:thumbsup2

I collect anything Mickey Mouse. My whole house is decorated in Mickey Mouse. I have a large snowglobe collection (30+ large & 40+ mini, don't know how many medium sized). My largest collection is in Mickey Mouse antenna toppers. I have over 200 different antenna toppers. I also have a lot of pins. You know how it is with collection. It's hard to keep track of what & how many of everything you've got because you're constantly adding to it. :goodvibes

Karla

We got it in one of the gift shops on main street in the Magic Kingdom not long after Mickey's Philharmagic opened. I think we paid $125 but they are on eBay for a lot less a friend of mine bought one a few months ago for $30 on eBay

I got this print for free for staying on property ...:thumbsup2

Thanks to you both for the info! Great to know. I love it more than any prints I currently see in WDW.

Hi all, Just had to pipe in....my daughter (she is 11 yrs old) collects Disney mini snowglobes and the elongated coins from each park and resort (well she collects them from everywhere, not just Disney). I collect and complete Disney cross stitch. My daughter just got into collecting the pins, but only if they are of Marie (the cat from Aristocats) and hidden Mickey pins.....
Tearsa

I've only started in the last year with my Disney Collectibles; I have pins, 1 snow globe, 9 Jim Shores, 4 wall prints, and some stamps.

I love all the pictures of the Disney themed rooms, keep 'em comin:thumbsup2

Wow, great collections, everybody!

I try to keep my collections in check now since from birth I have gone hog wild with them (Power Rangers, Spice Girls, Beanie Babies, collectible and non collectible Barbies- what my poor mother has had to pay for and tolerate!).

Right now I have a collection of pins (relatively small compared to most people on these boards), but I plan to expand it while sticking to a few themes- Beauty and the Beast, Chip and Dale, carousels, and Christmas pins.

Production stopped on a lot of the Disney items I used to collect. My mom bought certain plastic figures of the characters from the theme parks when I was little, but they stopped making those. Then I started collecting the Christmas Pooh beanies from the parks, but this past trip they had stopped selling them. I also have a small collection of Beauty and the Beast items, but Belle tends to be discriminated against in Disney Consumer Products when compared with the original trio of princesses and Ariel. :confused3

I also tend to buy anything Disney that I can find for under $5. I've found some pretty random stuff at Goodwill and thrift stores: a Lion King Schmid ceramic teapot for $4, a Donald and Daisy poster, WDW souvenirs from the 70s, and lots more. I also collect Disney books- I have about 25-30 art books (animation, Imagineering, etc.) and a good collection of children's books that I have amassed through the years. My town has a big annual book sale where I tend to find at least one pricey Disney book/year for under $5.

Right now my stuff is all packed away, but I'll try to post some pictures this summer once we move.

I collect items that combine Disney and Baseball. This started modestly over 10 years ago when I met my wife-to-be. Her first birthday gift to me was a small statue of mickey mouse holding a baseball bat. From her point of view, those were the two things I was passionate about, and that gift combined them... the collection was born.

I find there is a ton of stuff out there, so to narrow the collection, (and keep me from going broke) i try to limit the character involved to mickey if i can, and if it involves a specific MLB teams, i limit it to the mets. I also like to grab park-specific things.

We bought a house last year, and I carved out a corner for my collection. 3 months ago, we had our second child, a boy this time, and his room is now baseball mickey themed!!

I've been on the boards for a few years, but haven't been a big poster. I need to get some more posts under my belt so I can post pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter