OT: ChaCha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's going SO SLOW. I am getting questions ABOUT chacha and i can't even get to their page to quote it. Annoying since it's my first day. Oh well

I think I'm going to call it a night...I'm so much more modivated when I can see my account going up, up and up! :) Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

I just got notified that I was accepted! Thanks so much for sharing this opportunity - I think it's going to be perfect for me! :woohoo:

I just got notified that I was accepted! Thanks so much for sharing this opportunity - I think it's going to be perfect for me! :woohoo:

Congrats! Beware though...it's addicting (for me at least). I'm craving that doorbell noise and watching my account go up! Been at it on & off since Sunday morning, and am already past $30! My goal for myself is $10/day...I am having a ball!

So I just took what I think was the simulator test - it kept going, and going, and I didn't know when to stop so stopped after 17 questions. Only messed up on one where I (who knows where my brain was!) quoted a yahoo answers webpage. Yikes! Everything else went fine so I hope I get accepted!

when you search for an answer to a question do you have to use their search engine or can you use another? also, from what i read it said something about mozilla as the browser? does this mean that i cannot use internet explorer or safari? do i have to use the one they say?

when you search for an answer to a question do you have to use their search engine or can you use another? also, from what i read it said something about mozilla as the browser? does this mean that i cannot use internet explorer or safari? do i have to use the one they say?

I'm interested in taking the test, but was wondering this, too. I only have Internet Explorer. Do I need to get Mozilla? Where do I get it from. (Sorry if this is a stupid question...:confused3 )

Yes, you will need to have Mozilla's internet browser, Firefox, installed and use it to access the ChaCha "Universe" (their web based system that you work in). The have a proprietary toolbar that you will also need to download and it is used in conjunction with Firefox. If you have applied and been accepted as a Guide In Training, there is a video you should watch that demonstrates what the process is like. :thumbsup2

HTH!

Yes, you will need to have Mozilla's internet browser, Firefox, installed and use it to access the ChaCha "Universe" (their web based system that you work in). The have a proprietary toolbar that you will also need to download and it is used in conjunction with Firefox. If you have applied and been accepted as a Guide In Training, there is a video you should watch that demonstrates what the process is like. :thumbsup2

HTH!

Just wanted to add the Mozilla's Firefox is free. And I have to say, I think it works better than IE...IE shuts down on me quite often (you know, encounters an error & needs to close?), Mozilla hasn't done it once! always thought it was my computer, but maybe it was my browser?

It's a good idea to at leas start out looking for an answer with their search engine. Then I ussually switch to google. Also, make sure to not quote wikipedia pages for answers. And if you answer an opinion based question find a web page that deals with that topic to link to, don't use chacha.com unless it is a chacha related question.

Good luck, it's totally adicting! But a lot of fun so far too...

The application only works with Firefox and apparantly there is a new version 3.0 coming out that it currently will not work with, so you'd need a version before that.

You can go to www.mozilla.com and download. I downloaded that, use that for the ChaCha application and still use IE for other things.

OK ChaCha guides, I have a question.

I passed the preliminary tests and did the simulator test on Saturday afternoon. I still haven't gotten an official email from them one way or the other. What I'm wondering is: What was the status of your account in between the simulator and acceptance?

My Dashboard/Profile says "Level: Master", but under Training status, it says "training in progress". It let me access the site to choose my payment method and to set up my account with the bank of Indiana.

Just wondering what your experiences were!

**Update: Woo-hoo! I just got my acceptance email!**

I just got accepted!!! :banana: I explained the whole thing to my husband and I think that he is more excited than I am! I also found a couple of more sites like ChaCha, their based in the UK. One pays $.60 an answer! :bitelip: (According to a friend's conversion). Might just have to try those ones too, although I hear the tests are a lot harder than ChaCha's!

I really want to do this but am having trouble. First I downloaded firefox 3.0. Now I've uninstalled it but can't find version 2.0. Can anyone help?

ah crap! i just applied to chacha and i d'l firefox 3.0 too! does anyone know where i can find an earlier version? i'm off to search downloads.com...

Oh my - this is so cool! I had never heard of cha cha before - was just browsing through different threads and it caught my eye. I texted in the question "who is the mayor of ****" (my hometown - population 300) And I just got the answer back that my husband is the Village President which appears to be the equivilent of the position of Mayor. For the record - that is totally true! I sent in my initial information to sign up to be a guide. Wonder how long it takes to hear back and to take the tests....

so here is a question for ya... how are you paid? did you choose the debit card or did you give them your banking info? i so wish they would pay thru paypal!
just curious. i applied and got my invite. now i just need the time to do the tests!

I chose the debit card through their bank. It seemed like the easiest way since I have no idea how long it might take me to reach $100!

I did notice in the "fine print" for the Indiana bank agreement that "dormant" accounts are subject to a $5/month fee, so if you stop using it, be sure to close it!

Good luck - I found that the initial tests only took about 10-20 minutes, tops. But, the simulator test took me a little over an hour (15 questions at about 3 minutes per question).

okay I need to download the fire fox.. 1. how do I get the older version the only choice is v.3 and that won't work..
2. can I still run my IE program as well for the rest of the family and only use firefox for cha cha... I have to set this up so I can do the simiulator test..
I have been working on this for 2 hrs now and I am getting fustrated.
thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter