Opinion on dining selections

Id make a slight change, but kinda substantial as far as timing.

For epcot and ak, id look at more of a brunch for both of those. You can do a light hotel room breakfast, like pop tarts or mini muffins or whatever you family likes. You can then rope drop and get a decent amount of stuff done, then have say a 10am breakfast break waiting for you. Allows you to skip lunch basically then do a QS meal for dinner whenever you get hungry again.

Unless I'm wrong, I count 6 TS for only 4 TS credits you'll get? Seems like a waste to spend on top of the dining plan.

If you are gonna cut one, id cut Tusker House, while they are all pretty cute in the safari garb, you're already getting the same characters at chef mickey's. Alternatively, swap chef mickey to 1900 park fare if thats open when you go (didnt see dates)

Id make a slight change, but kinda substantial as far as timing.

For epcot and ak, id look at more of a brunch for both of those. You can do a light hotel room breakfast, like pop tarts or mini muffins or whatever you family likes. You can then rope drop and get a decent amount of stuff done, then have say a 10am breakfast break waiting for you. Allows you to skip lunch basically then do a QS meal for dinner whenever you get hungry again.

Unless I'm wrong, I count 6 TS for only 4 TS credits you'll get? Seems like a waste to spend on top of the dining plan.

If you are gonna cut one, id cut Tusker House, while they are all pretty cute in the safari garb, you're already getting the same characters at chef mickey's. Alternatively, swap chef mickey to 1900 park fare if thats open when you go (didnt see dates)
I might skip Tusker House. Are there any places in AK to have breakfast or else we can always do Contempo Cafe again.

4 nights. I am going to pay for Via Napoli, LTT and Steakhouse 71 OOP

My husband & I like table service meals too. We’ve started to share meals, like an app & an entree for lunch. At Via Napoli, we’ve shared a pasta or small pizza & the house salad. It was enough food to keep us going, but we weren’t overly full.

Hi all! Going to Disney for the first time with my daughter, who will be 2.5 at the time of travel. I want to fit in as many character dining as I can but also want to include one for hubby and I to actually enjoy. We are staying at The Contemporary and have the Dining Plan. Here are my thoughts.
Arrival night - Chef Mickey's
Day 1 -MK Day - Crystal Palace lunch (she loves Pooh), back to hotel to nap/swim, Columbia Harbour House dinner
Day 2- Epcot/HS Day - Akershus breakfast, Via Napoli lunch, QS somewhere at Hollywood Studios
Day 3- AK/MK Day - Tusker House breakfast, lunch at Satuli Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner (a must for me)
Departure breakfast - Steakhouse 71

Any meals I should add in to this? Thanks for your feedback.

I would consider dropping these ADRs down to a TS breakfast/lunch and doing QS the rest of the day. When my DS was that age, his nap time was completely thrown off - WDW can be overstimulating for a lot of kids and can be really exhausting - he would fall asleep in his stroller at different times and sometimes sleep much longer than usual. I remember having to cancel so many dinner ADRs when he was younger because his naps would completely throw our plans off. Personally, I would not do a Via Napoli lunch after an Akershus breakfast - way too much food. If you need to get out of the heat in EP, I would consider doing QS at Regal Eagle.

I would consider dropping these ADRs down to a TS breakfast/lunch and doing QS the rest of the day. When my DS was that age, his nap time was completely thrown off - WDW can be overstimulating for a lot of kids and can be really exhausting - he would fall asleep in his stroller at different times and sometimes sleep much longer than usual. I remember having to cancel so many dinner ADRs when he was younger because his naps would completely throw our plans off. Personally, I would not do a Via Napoli lunch after an Akershus breakfast - way too much food. If you need to get out of the heat in EP, I would consider doing QS at Regal Eagle.
Thank you!

Thinking of dropping Tusker House so I can spend more time at AK and keep Satu’li Canteen for lunch. Adding in a character breakfast for departure morning instead. Should I do Cape May or ‘Ohana? We are doing Chef Mickeys for our arrival night so don’t want to do breakfast there. Thanks!

Ohana would be easier to get to from Contemporary versus going to Beach Club. The character breakfast at Topolino’s at Riviera is really nice.

From CR you go walk over to MK bus stops and get Riviera bus or take HS bus then get on Skyliner to CBR then get on Epcot line and get off when the doors open for Riviera. Third option is ride share.
Thank you! I think it’s easiest to go to ‘Ohana. I haven’t been recently. Is the breakfast still good?

For us, that would be too much food and too much time in restaurants, away from the attractions, in such a short trip.

I guess your choices allow your daughter some one-on-one character time, and you some must-do restaurants so who I am to judge 😊

For us, that would be too much food and too much time in restaurants, away from the attractions, in such a short trip.

I guess your choices allow your daughter some one-on-one character time, and you some must-do restaurants so who I am to judge 😊
Thanks! I dropped Tusker to spend more time at AK. I’m going to add a character breakfast on my departure day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter