Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Don't know yet. It just says check back at 9am today for an update.
Today or July 6th??

*edit*
Yea, its July 6th, next Thursday.
Guests can visit here on Thursday, July 6 at 9 a.m. PT for an update, which may include the date and time when new sales resume. We commit to providing advance notice prior to activating new sales and strive to make the process as smooth as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

It really warms my heart that there are people who were able to get in yesterday that are now selling their tickets on eBay for double the price (sarcasm). One person has multiple listings for different dates, all selling for $700-$800.

People who actually want to go to the party weren't able to get tickets, but the ticket scalpers that are trying to make a quick buck had no issue.

Highly encourage anyone who comes across these listings to report to eBay. They are not to be resold, especially for a huge markup. The people who purchase these are at risk of their tickets being cancelled and being unable to enter the party at the gate (multiple reports of that last year on different OBB FB groups).

1688135966871.png

multiple listings just like this on there:
1688136030481.png
1688136062022.png

Last edited:
It really warms my heart that there are people who were able to get in yesterday that are now selling their tickets on eBay for double the price (sarcasm). One person has multiple listings for different dates, all selling for $700-$800.

People who actually want to go to the party weren't able to get tickets, but the ticket scalpers that are trying to make a quick buck had no issue.

Highly encourage anyone who comes across these listings to report to eBay. They are not to be resold, especially for a huge markup. The people who purchase these are at risk of their tickets being cancelled and being unable to enter the party at the gate (multiple reports of that last year on different OBB FB groups).
That may be the bigger reason that they shut it down yesterday, trying to avoid scalpers, but weren't successful. :(

View attachment 773092

View attachment 773093
View attachment 773094
Thank you very much for posting this. Great detective work. You should be an auditor.

yeah...I don't thin it was random...it had to be something. I was able to continually go back in (on the app on my iPhone) and purchase tickets (I just checked dates...didn't complete purchases). If it were random, it is highly unlikely I would have been able to continually get to the purchase page without encountering the queue.
If it wasn't random then how come people got in using 30 different methods and those of us that tried the exact same steps over and over never got in? I tried every single thing posted here and on other sites. I had family members try for me following things posted here. None of us ever got in.
I think once you got in you could keep getting in,(as evidenced by several people here)!but getting in the first time was random.

If it wasn't random then how come people got in using 30 different methods and those of us that tried the exact same steps over and over never got in? I tried every single thing posted here and on other sites. I had family members try for me following things posted here. None of us ever got in.
I think once you got in you could keep getting in,(as evidenced by several people here)!but getting in the first time was random.

The fact that you had many people trying to find a consistent 'hack' or trick to reach the order flow, but in practice only ever saw a trickle of folks ever make it, is indicative to me that factors outside the control of the individual were deterministic of who was able to purchase tickets. If that wasn't the case, reliable methods for circumventing the queue would have propagated *fast* (if this thread is any indication of how readily folks were sharing and trying things), and we would have had a much worse outcome as the order flow would have flooded, and many more tickets would have been sold (possibly without Disney understanding in time that they were being sold in effect to line cutters).

This is pure conjecture, but I am thinking that one probably needed to do the right thing at the right time, and we could only figure out what the right thing was to do: spam reloads of the order page, either via direct URLs or the app. The timing is up to the system, and was probably part of what went wrong (as it should only have allowed folks at the front of the queue to enter the order flow), or was deliberately rate-limited by Disney as they worked to address the issues generally.

If enough "incentive" is promised to the right people in DIS IT, could it be possible that scalpers could be privy to techniques that would enable ticket purchases not available otherwise?.

I'm told there are people who will do most anything for money. Never known any of those types, myself. /sarc.

But you can’t sell them. They are non transferable

Correct. They cannot be sold and anyone doing so is violating the terms of the tickets putting those tickets at risk of being deactivated and potentially worse consequences.

Tickets can be gifted, though. Putting this here only because it is a question that comes up a lot when people can't go and have a ticket they don't know what to do with. You can always gift a ticket to a person. The names on them do not matter. Only thing that matters is the photo attached after the ticket has been scanned for the day. You just cannot sell them to that person.

Disney needs to go after the scalpers big time. I bought tickets to Mickeys Christmas party yesterday and the CM was adamant that the tickets were non-transferabl, a “use it or lose it” investment. How do these people getaway with this?

I hope those people get kicked off eBay…I mean, it’s just sad the way the world operates these days. I quit going to concerts long ago for that very reason. while I’m not a OBB fan, I certainly would be upset if I waited hours trying to get tickets, only to see some jerk trying to make a huge profit off of what should have been just a fun event.

I had NO WAIT for my Mickey party tickets yesterday, called on the phone, CM even added Memory Maker to my package , which I had forgot to add originally. That’s difference between WDW and DL I guess.

Sure hope all you folks are able to get your tickets once they go back on sale. As for me, I’ll see you after all the Halloween craziness is over 😂

Last edited:
I'm sorry you didn't get in. I wish you luck when they do go back on sale. I think all we have is anecdotal evidence of what may have happened.

View attachment 773092

View attachment 773093
View attachment 773094
Wow! Kind of reminds me of the Mr Toad and Figment popcorn bucket debacles

HI there,

Newbie here on all this. I missed the drama yesterday but was wondering how these nights will work. Do we need to try to buy a ticket to DL if we want to go to both parks? I thought they used to have DL Halloween nights in the past? Is that no long? I would prefer DL over CA Adventure.

View attachment 773092

View attachment 773093
View attachment 773094
The resellers just make me sick. Thank you for sharing, I went there and reported these. I hope eBay takes them down.

HI there,

Newbie here on all this. I missed the drama yesterday but was wondering how these nights will work. Do we need to try to buy a ticket to DL if we want to go to both parks? I thought they used to have DL Halloween nights in the past? Is that no long? I would prefer DL over CA Adventure.

The parties were moved from DL to DCA a few years ago. Yes, if you want to go to DL, you will need to buy a regular park ticket.

Disney sure did set the secondary market up perfectly to make bank this year. If someone didn't get any during the magic key presale AND didn't get any during general sales... well, maybe 2x would be worth it to them to ensure they got tickets. I'm not saying you can do that, or should do that, but if the option is out there, Disney sure did a lot of work to nudge people over to that.

Disney knew about an issue within minutes of the queue going live (they paused it), and they should have removed tickets from the system almost immediately. Maybe a handful were in the process of buying them... but we clearly had people buying them WELL (1+ hr) after the pause. That just shouldn't have been possible, they shouldn't have banked on the redirect and pause working. Those tickets should have been marked sold out or actually deleted from the inventory.

Everyone would have been frustrated, but the frenzy would have been lessened a lot, and likely the total amount that got out would be MUCH MUCH less. I tend to agree with everyone that not "many" tickets got out, but I'm sure there was still a measurable number that did, as seen on ebay etc.

I would also be really curious to know if there was a ticket cap for those that COULD get in time and time again. Could they still only buy 8 tickets or something, even if doing multiple transactions? Still... if someone really wanted to, they could buy 8 to each party? That still could be a lot...

The resellers just make me sick. Thank you for sharing, I went there and reported these. I hope eBay takes them down.

I "think" Disney has a pretty good handle on the scalpers. This came up last year so I went to eBay a few times from right around initial tickets sales and then in the fall. At first there were at least a dozen or more sellers of tickets at crazy high prices. Then later most all the sellers were gone and by the last time I checked in September I don't think anybody was selling. Just guessing, but I think some people buy and assume they can easily resell. Then they find out it isn't quite so easy to sell/transfer the tickets and HOPEFULLY they get burned. If that wasn't the case I would have thought some scalpers would hold off selling until almost the last minute then there would be some insane bidding wars. But I didn't see that last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter