Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I’m pretty bummed. This was my first experience trying to get Disney event tickets. I expected a bit of a wait, but I wasn’t prepared to not get tickets at all.

I’m pretty bummed. This was my first experience trying to get Disney event tickets. I expected a bit of a wait, but I wasn’t prepared to not get tickets at all.
I’ve purchased plenty at WDW before, never had an issue or even had to que so this was a nightmare first experience for me

I’ve purchased plenty at WDW before, never had an issue or even had to que so this was a nightmare first experience for me
That's because WDW has so many more dates available not to mention this party blows MNSSHP away!!

This. Purchased many after hour event tickets at WDW over the years and never experienced a nightmare like today and not even get tickets!!

That's because WDW has so many more dates available not to mention this party blows MNSSHP away!!
There are also more people buying tickets for those events at WDW. In my opinion there is no defense for a large company crapping the bed like this and being unprepared for an event they know is one of the most popular across all their parks!

Curious: Those of you who were able to get tickets through the app workaround, do you use an Android or Apple phone? I heard people with Androids were successful because the app did not automatically route them to the website like the Apple phones did. Unsure of the validity of this, just curious what you guys experienced.

Curious: Those of you who were able to get tickets through the app workaround, do you use an Android or Apple phone? I heard people with Androids were successful because the app did not automatically route them to the website like the Apple phones did. Unsure of the validity of this, just curious what you guys experienced.
Android phone user here. No luck.

I think all the "hacks" were just pure luck. Some people claimed it was because they used a certain browser, some people used the app, some didn't, some people were logged in, some weren't. Some people used new account, some didn't. I honestly think it was just purely random.

Android phone user here. No luck.

I think all the "hacks" were just pure luck. Some people claimed it was because they used a certain browser, some people used the app, some didn't, some people were logged in, some weren't. Some people used new account, some didn't. I honestly think it was just purely random.
yeah...I don't thin it was random...it had to be something. I was able to continually go back in (on the app on my iPhone) and purchase tickets (I just checked dates...didn't complete purchases). If it were random, it is highly unlikely I would have been able to continually get to the purchase page without encountering the queue.

I was using an iPhone

Tried all day on 2 Androids and one desktop and was continually put back in the queue. Searching "Oogie Boogie Bash" on both rather than clicking Special Event Tickets got me to the Select Tickets screen, but then I was just directed to the Oogie Boogie queue page.

I could not get thru, tried my laptop and the app all day, on and off. Not to sound elitist, but I wish they would make some allowance for resort guests like they do for APs. We will be at the GC and really want to attend the party.
We will try again whenever that opportunity arises. I have an another friend from east coast (like us) who won't book air or her (onsite) room until she gets her party tickets.
I’m really surprised they don’t. They always include resort guests in the pre-sale for events at WDW. And Disneyland has less resorts to begin with. Are there really that many more MK holders at Disneyland that there’s no room to include resort guests?

I got through with the app method on my iPhone.

Both us and our travel agent tried multiple ways and weren't able to get any. I'm really glad we didn't book flights/hotels before as I am not super confident we'll get tickets at this point.

I'm also confused why it takes a week to potentially announce when then might start selling them again? Especially when selling them was not the issue when so many people were able to buy.

The first time I got through was on my Google Pixel, using Chrome. Never used the Disneyland app. The second time was on my PC using Microsoft Edge. It may have been a one and done per device. I tried multiple times to repeat the initial success on my phone, because we wanted 2 dates.... no dice. Then I tried on my PC, and got through again. I would say this all happened between 9:30 and 9:50 PT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter