Only Test Track Open - Future World East

marx

DVC Home: AKV
This is surprising for mid August. I (vaguely) remember the Wonders of Life pavilion being kept open (I think when it was open seasonally) due to another attraction in Future World East being closed. Even though Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't so popular (though, I like it), I think it would have been best to wait until Mission Space reopened before closing Ellen.

This is surprising for mid August. I (vaguely) remember the Wonders of Life pavilion being kept open (I think when it was open seasonally) due to another attraction in Future World East being closed. Even though Ellen's Energy Adventure isn't so popular (though, I like it), I think it would have been best to wait until Mission Space reopened before closing Ellen.

Agree. The timing on this could have easily been handled better, and I don't know why it wasn't.

As far as Ellen's it might have to do with constructions dates to ensure that the new attractions will be completed by the projected date. All major construction projects have target dates of phased completion that they try to meet

I don't see the issue in it. It's going down in August and mission space is coming back in August. Ellen isn't that big of a draw to delay the new ride. And the land pavilion is just a short walk away as well as world showcase.

I don't see the issue in it. It's going down in August and mission space is coming back in August. Ellen isn't that big of a draw to delay the new ride. And the land pavilion is just a short walk away as well as world showcase.
I just read an update and I believe MS reopening has been pushed into September :(

I just read an update and I believe MS reopening has been pushed into September :(

I had saw October as of a few days ago. But according to the CM website everything is still pointing to an August opening.

I hadn't quite put it together that there could possibly be an overlap where Mission Space, and Universe of Energy are both closed, and it could happen during my trip. That would be monumentally stinky lol. I can only imagine the crowds at Spaceship Earth, and Soarin' in that scenario.

Don't know what you define as short walk, but its on the other side of the park, literally. Even world showcase is quite a hike from test track.

Don't know what you define as short walk, but its on the other side of the park, literally. Even world showcase is quite a hike from test track.

World showcase is about a 2-3 min walk away and you're in Mexico.

Land pavilion is not much longer, maybe 5 min walk tops. It's not like walking from front of animal kingdom to Everest.

I've never thought of future world rides being secluded off by sections. I think of it as one area with all the future world rides together

Land pavilion is not much longer, maybe 5 min walk tops. It's not like walking from front of animal kingdom to Everest.

I've never thought of future world rides being secluded off by sections. I think of it as one area with all the future world rides together

I've done the walk multiple times from test track to Frozen and its a good 10 minute walk. Soaring isn't much better especially if you don't have people that want to speed walk.

Ellen has always been a fav for our family from a nostalgia point, but I'll really miss my favorite place for a nap. FYI- Ellen and GMR are closing on the same day o_O

I agree that Ellen has been one of our favorites too but when we rode in June it was really sad. It broke down right before the end but the film was in such poor condition and they had removed the animatronic snake like thing that Ellen was fighting off. I am sure they knew then that this was probably happening so didn't want to spend any $$. I will miss it. Probably pure nostalgia though.

Until a few years ago, I remember on maps it just said "Future World", not "Future World East and Future World West" like now

Both the MDE and CM website calendars are now showing a reopening date of Oct 1st.

That's what I've been seeing on refurb lists. I was just going on what you said about the CM info last week for August. Glad all of them are on the same page now

It would be nice if they would eliminate the tiering of FEA, Soarin, and Test Track since a couple of the second tier rides will be down/gone now. I don't even know what to FP for our September trip now besides one of the top 3!! :(

It would be nice if they would eliminate the tiering of FEA, Soarin, and Test Track since a couple of the second tier rides will be down/gone now. I don't even know what to FP for our September trip now besides one of the top 3!! :(

Agree. I have two EP days planned next month; on one I have the new Soarin', and the other (8/31, first day of F&W) I have Frozen. I'm sure we'll do TT, but I'm not saving three days for FP+s at Epcot.

It would be nice if they would eliminate the tiering of FEA, Soarin, and Test Track since a couple of the second tier rides will be down/gone now. I don't even know what to FP for our September trip now besides one of the top 3!!

Right there with you! I know there are many things to do but I am for one disappointed that Energy and Mission space are now going to be closed for our trip. GMR is gone now too. I understand a great majority on the boards are excited about the new upcoming rides and I am sure they will be great. But for those of us that do not make trips more then once every 10+ years these aren't rides we "skip" most of the time...when we last went in 2005 Test track, energy, mission space AND wonders of life was open (it was weird because it was like they had it open on a lark...the whole pavilion was a shell except for the body wars ride so we rode it). In MGM there was a backlot ride, the car show thing, GMR, little mermaid, indy..the only thing not there was TSMM (which comically enough we skip every time we go to Disneyland because for us the line is too long and it's meh lol). When I compare what was available to us on our trip 12 years ago there are less overall attractions in both Epcot and MGM. But there are more places to drink and eat now so I will give them that lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter