Online ADR's possibly working

I've managed to book a "test" ADR, but am having trouble cancelling it.

I received the confirmation number via email and used my home phone number (minus the first 0) for the booking, but now I can't retrieve the reservation to cancel it!

Will keep trying, but hope it doesn't inconvenience anybody...

are you going into "My Disney Vacation" drop down and selecting "Dining reservations"? I did that and entered the reservation number and the phone number I used to book the reservation and it cancelled it ok.

I wonder how many "test" ADRs have already been booked that no one intends to use?!

Worst of all, disney has absolutely no way of figuring out which are real or not until the day when people dont turn up!

Hmm its all great, except for:
- Difficulty for UK people getting the correct reservation number/phone number.
- Potential abuse. I can really see this becoming a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if this in its current form gets pulled. Even those who aren't scalpers trying to profit on ebay or whatever, there is the temptation to book up more than you need, even is you have to use different details or even a different IP address. I mean you can call and do that if you really want but it's much less convenient.
The selfish thing to say would be to only allow the system for those with a valid reservation (assuming that could be found), but then that wouldn't be fair to offsite visitors who want to make genuine ADRs...
I'll be watching this with interest.

The solution is simple.

On site guests should need their reservation number and it shouldnt allow more seats to be booked within a 3 hour window than there are guests on the reservation.

For off site guests a deposit should be required.

Been on this morning and got an ADR for T-Rex as hubby has already booked 2 further character meals via the telephone system. Only thing I found was that we had to input a US telephone number so we just added the hotal number to it - worked great!

Does anyone know when you can book? On the phone it's 90 days, and you call at midday. Will this let you book an ADR at 90 at midnight that day?

Edit: So it would be 5am here.

I have just failed to get anywhere trying to link my UK reservation with the US details - i.e. get the correct confirmation no. and phone no.
Called WDW reservations, and was redirected around about 3 different numbers. One person retrieved some of my details, then eventually said I had to call a different number, which ended up being the UK 0870 number. I tried calling that but ended up on hold for 15 mins, so at 7p/min I gave up. :mad:

Does anyone know when you can book? On the phone it's 90 days, and you call at midday. Will this let you book an ADR at 90 at midnight that day?

Edit: So it would be 5am here.

I'm sure I checked the dining ressies before I went out this morning (9am) and they were still only available until the 14th. Now I am back, checked again, and now it has gone 7am their time the 15th is now available (what I've been waiting for). So, I wonder whether the calender is set to 7am, so that 90 day ressies will not be available until 7am/12noon. I mean it could have been my browser cache not showing me an up-to-date calender, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

Best way to check would be to see if tomorrow morning (before 12 noon) if the 16th is available. If the 16th doesn't show up until after noon, you'll have your answer.

are you going into "My Disney Vacation" drop down and selecting "Dining reservations"? I did that and entered the reservation number and the phone number I used to book the reservation and it cancelled it ok.

That's where I get to, but after inputting the reservation number and phone number, it tells me that the reservation cannot be found and that I should check my info. :confused3

I wonder how many "test" ADRs have already been booked that no one intends to use?!

Worst of all, Disney has absolutely no way of figuring out which are real or not until the day when people don't turn up!

That's why I'd like to get it cancelled asap.
I think I might ring through my ADRs at the beginning of July (or when October's hours are released at least) and try to cancel it then if I don't have any luck online.

I think I'll only use the online booking to see if ADRs I can't get on the phone are available - I don't know that Disney will have the kinks worked out by then...

That's where I get to, but after inputting the reservation number and phone number, it tells me that the reservation cannot be found and that I should check my info. :confused3

That's why I'd like to get it cancelled asap.
I think I might ring through my ADRs at the beginning of July (or when October's hours are released at least) and try to cancel it then if I don't have any luck online.

I think I'll only use the online booking to see if ADRs I can't get on the phone are available - I don't know that Disney will have the kinks worked out by then...

I guess you can always call them up and then tell them you want to cancel an ADR you made online?

We had already made our ADR's by phone. I have just been on and added T-Rex after looking at photos of the restuarant, looks cool. It was so easy to use, really like it. I put in the hotel phone number.

So, am I right in thinking that people in the UK aren't able to take advantage of the 90+10 ADR booking window when using the online service? I booked directly through Disney, on the telephone, using the number given on the Disney website and, although I've had confirmation stuff through the post from them, none of it has anything even remotely resembling the reservation number that it would appear you need to book 90+10 online? Any thoughts?

I'd love to hear if anyone has had any success with this or has any solutions? I asked this question on the main discussion thread over on the dining board but I suspect it will get lost among the MILLIONS of comments already on there!!!

So, am I right in thinking that people in the UK aren't able to take advantage of the 90+10 ADR booking window when using the online service? I booked directly through Disney, on the telephone, using the number given on the Disney website and, although I've had confirmation stuff through the post from them, none of it has anything even remotely resembling the reservation number that it would appear you need to book 90+10 online? Any thoughts?

I'd love to hear if anyone has had any success with this or has any solutions? I asked this question on the main discussion thread over on the dining board but I suspect it will get lost among the MILLIONS of comments already on there!!!

If you ring up WDW-DINE, you can (after a lot of hassle normally) get your 12-digit US reservation number :) I rang yesterday and was transferred several times before being given mine after about 20-30 minutes.

How?? What did you say or ask?? I've rang up three times now and never got anywhere. I've been told various things. That my ta will have it (they don't), that I can't get it until my 90 day window (which is wrong), that they're not allowed to transfer me to guest services, that UK people haven't got this number etc

All sorts! What exactly do you need to say or ask for without being fobbed off?

How?? What did you say or ask?? I've rang up three times now and never got anywhere. I've been told various things. That my ta will have it (they don't), that I can't get it until my 90 day window (which is wrong), that they're not allowed to transfer me to guest services, that UK people haven't got this number etc

All sorts! What exactly do you need to say or ask for without being fobbed off?

Well I'd rung up twice before to get my ADRs but after the launch of the online system I found a breakfast slot available at CRT. So I rang up last night to book it and spoke to a really friendly CM who asked for my reseveration number - I then said I didn't have a US one, only the 6 digit UK one, and I asked if I did actually have a US number available to use, because I'd heard some people had managed to get theirs (I tried asking in a naive voice :rotfl:). She then said she'd transfer me somewhere (Travel, or something similar) and they would try and track it down for me, because it would be useful for me to have in the future.

The next woman I spoke to wasn't so friendly and seemed a bit confused at the whole thing; she transferred me to Guest Services who asked for my postcode and last name, which still brought up nothing. I was put on a hold again and when she returned she gave me two numbers, saying that at least one of them should work. I was then transferred back to Dining and managed to get CRT :)

So to sum up my long post :laughing: I think it really depends what CM you have. The two CMs I had last week and the week before were not all that willing to help me and didn't seem that interested, whereas the one I spoke to last night was really friendly and bery helpful. So just keep trying, and good luck! :thumbsup2

:dance3: :woohoo: I can't believe how excited I was to be able to book a restaurant online! :rotfl2:

Already made most of the ADRs for our August trip but was able to add another (Garden Grill as a surprise for DDs - shhhh - don't tell them) and it was so easy.

Used my US cell number and was also able to pull up and check the ones I had already made by phone. So great to be able to explore availability so easily.

My only slight gripe (speaking as an off-site guest) is the feeling of some that off-site guests are more likely to abuse the system. A girl could be offended! :) In reality the phone system could be got around if you wanted to make the effort. IMHO asking for a credit card guarantee for every reservation is the only way to stop abuse of the system and I'd be happy to do that.

You'd be better off calling Openride (Disney UK) to get your 12-digit number. Just call 0870 24 24 900 and ask the CM to put you through to Openride. They will ask you for your reservation number (the one that's in a 123456-S09 format) and put you through. Once through, ask the advisor if you can have your 12-digit number to make your ADRs with.

That's what I did and I managed to book all my ADRs for my September holiday with no issues whatsoever.

You'd be better off calling Openride (Disney UK) to get your 12-digit number. Just call 0870 24 24 900 and ask the CM to put you through to Openride. They will ask you for your reservation number (the one that's in a 123456-S09 format) and put you through. Once through, ask the advisor if you can have your 12-digit number to make your ADRs with.

That's what I did and I managed to book all my ADRs for my September holiday with no issues whatsoever.

ah but that will only work if you booked a full trip (inc flights) with disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter