One day in MK! IS it worth it?!

Nicole Stoneback

Earning My Ears
We will be in the area and my husband wants to do one day at MK. I don't know how or if it is worth it. We had a great trip last summer, using lots of advice from these boards. We are also planning a long trip next summer. So how do we do a 1 day trip and make it fun. Also can you even buy tickets for 1 day... THANKS!

Go for it! We add one a day at MK to our cruise trips and I just booked a last minute 2 day with my dd18.
Be spontaneous!

Do-able, for sure. Economical, well it depends. The daily rate is somewhere around 110.00 for the day I think. ( give or take ) If you can spend open to close, then I'd say why not. If you're only going to be able to do a few hours when I'd think twice.

We will be in the area and my husband wants to do one day at MK. I don't know how or if it is worth it. We had a great trip last summer, using lots of advice from these boards. We are also planning a long trip next summer. So how do we do a 1 day trip and make it fun. Also can you even buy tickets for 1 day... THANKS!

For me, one day in MK would always be better than zero days in MK.

Yes, you can buy one day tickets.

I think you'll enjoy yourself if you go into it with a mindset of "we'll do what we can and not get stressed out about what we miss".

It's expensive for one day on a cost per day basis, but so much fun. I frequently do one day like this on short mini trips. It's a blast.

Depending on the timing of your one day trip and the long trip next summer it may be in your interest to research annual passes

For sure. Take in some street ambience, hit several rides, use 6-7 FP+ or more, great dinner at Skipper Cantene and then finish off with Happily Ever After. Great day.

Most ppl I know go to Orlando for a week and do MK one day and then see other Orlando attractions. So go for it!!!

We have some great memories from one day park trips! It's expensive but hey, what's not expensive these days! We don't take breaks with just one day in the park but we do a late afternoon Table Service meal to get a mini break. Our favorite is taking the boat to Fort Wilderness to eat at Trails End.

I did one day in March and drove 3 1/2 hours from Deerfield Beach to check out Epcot's Flower & Garden. Was it worth it? Heck yes!
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Depending on the timing of your one day trip and the long trip next summer it may be in your interest to research annual passes

I agree with this. You don't mention when your one-day visit or longer summer trip may be, but, if it falls within a one year span and you plan on buying a longer multi-day ticket for next summer, an AP may be the way to go. You have to crunch the numbers, but if, on a ticket costs basis it makes sense, you would also then be eligible for merchandise, restaurant and any AP resort discounts that come out.

Of course its worth it? I'm not sure why you would even think its not. Admittedly, my partner and I take one day trips to WDW and we enjoy that. Just focus on MK for a day, enjoy all the rides and attractions you like from open to close, collapse in the hotel and then head home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter