One day in MK! IS it worth it?!

We will be in the area and my husband wants to do one day at MK. I don't know how or if it is worth it. We had a great trip last summer, using lots of advice from these boards. We are also planning a long trip next summer. So how do we do a 1 day trip and make it fun. Also can you even buy tickets for 1 day... THANKS!

YES, do it ... and have a wonderful time!

We did this many years ago when we were in Florida getting off a cruise. I went to the ticket booth and asked for "I can't believe it costs this much 1 day ticket."

It was worth it!

The expense of the one-day ticket, or even a hopper is off-set by the fact that you're already in the area--i.e. not making a specific expenditure for transportation. I tried to make that sound reasoned and mature because if I were in your shoes I'd be excited as an 8 year old right now. :tigger:

With the 1- Day tiering now, I wouldn't get a 1- Day ticket for high season. They're really trying to control crowds by doing that, henceforth really overcharging for that especially

I agree with this. You don't mention when your one-day visit or longer summer trip may be, but, if it falls within a one year span and you plan on buying a longer multi-day ticket for next summer, an AP may be the way to go. You have to crunch the numbers, but if, on a ticket costs basis it makes sense, you would also then be eligible for merchandise, restaurant and any AP resort discounts that come out.

I have a 2 day ticket trip in aug and a 1 day ticket trip in oct. Guess I should look at the numbers. Not sure we'd get back before aug 2018 tho.

We did one day at Magic Kingdom in 2008 because we were in the area. Stayed at Coronado Springs the night before, checked out in the morning went to MK at park opening and left for the fireworks. Had a great time. Was the first time my wife ever went to any Disney park and now she is hooked.

My wife thinks I'm crazy because we have non-expiring tickets with one admission left on them. The cost of a one day ticket is expensive and I hold these just in case. In 2010, we visited Disneyland for one day and used that same non- expiring ticket. It had to save a couple of hundred dollars. (I don't think you can do that anymore.)

Personally I would as I love the MK. Before purchasing tickets I would think about what rides you want to go on. You also need to think about the possible wait for said lines, and will you be satisfied with your day if you do not get on everything that you had hoped to?

Driving down from Georgia for one day next week. Arrive Tuesday night...rope drop somewhere to close somewhere else Wednesday...drive home Thursday. Can't wait!

I think the answer will easily be: YES!

I think it would be worth it to go there for a day and not step foot on a single ride.

While 1-day tickets are really expensive, if you plan on going for a full day, it's hard to really match the entertainment value for the dollars spent (when compared to say a 2 hour movie, tickets to 3 hour pro sporting event, tickets to a 3 hour music concert, etc.)

I mean .. that is probably how most of us went there as children. One day and done . .and then visit the other local attractions.

My wife thinks I'm crazy because we have non-expiring tickets with one admission left on them. The cost of a one day ticket is expensive and I hold these just in case. In 2010, we visited Disneyland for one day and used that same non- expiring ticket. It had to save a couple of hundred dollars. (I don't think you can do that anymore.)
I have some no expiration tickets with 4 days left on them and it may be time to hold onto them for a while. I am going to hold onto the remaining ones long enough that I can essentially go to WDW for half price for a few days. (It's scarily close to that now in peak season).

At the rate I bought my tickets in 2014 for my wife and son, they average out to $75/day (with hoppers). I've been using them for several 2-day trips over the past 3 years and saving a ton $20-30 a ticket per trip compared to the gate price of 2-day tickets.

It's a shame Disney doesn't have a way to do this anymore .. to 'pre-buy' tickets. But with the way they've raised prices (just from when I bought these) I can see why they got rid of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter